Click Here!

Pippychick's LotR Fiction - Review Responses

pippychick

Reviews for Otornassë Avanwa

BY : pippychick

• From BronxWench on November 09, 2016

Oh, my stars, you've done it again, and pulled me in to a sweet bit of darkness. This is exactly the sort of tale you weave so well, and I'm already caught up by the brothers Fëanorion.

This line: "They did not play, but fought with each other as only brothers can, hurting each other, each giving as good as they got..." I am absolutely in awe! Superb imagery, right there, and I know it will only get better.

Thank you so much, Bronx! :)

Who writes these? It’s like walking on virgin snow, and yet there is enough in the canon to seriously speculate. I mean they stay together through their time in Middle Earth. Right up to their death. Don’t be fooled, these are not entirely pleasant characters at all, and they’re only going to egg each other on, I think. Expect the first sex scene in the next chapter, but this will go dark. There are enough hints in the canon that they imprison and torment Lúthien between them – it’s one of the reasons Huan abandons Celegorm – and I’m definitely going to go there.

Well, of course it will be dark, and of course they aren’t nice. And I expect no less than for you to explore all the ways in which they are not pretty, noble elves swanning about and playing music, or reciting poems. Not every elf was a paragon of light, after all… 

Reviews for Elei ned Îr Mín

BY : pippychick & TheTV-Junkie

From BronxWench on November 09, 2016

Thrandolas! ::dances happily::

Ah, I absolutely love the premise of this story, and I am so looking forward to how you will explore Legolas' dreams. I do like Celebfîn -- he has a wicked streak which will make this all the more enjoyable. He may be a servant, but I have a feeling he gives the King of Eryn Galen a run for his money as often as not.

A wonderful beginning, and I look forward to more from the two of you!

And here as well… you are too good to me, you know… :wub:  Thank you… :hug:

• 2 weeks later...

From BronxWench on November 22, 2016

I both love and want to growl at these lovely Noldor brothers. They are supremely arrogant, and yet they are also bewitching and fierce. You will laugh at me for growling when they purred over Glorfindel, though. He is not at all suitable for their games, I think.

It really should not have surprised them how they were both thinking of the other in a more intimate way. Given the way they both felt about the Sindar, it feels inevitable they would turn to each other, but I did love the way Celegorm turned the tables on Curufin. One must be careful when hunting a hunter...

Marvelous! :D

Thank you so much, Bronx! :)

The more I play with these two, the more I find that observing them is a love/hate thing. They’re currently being incredibly cruel to Luthien in libre office. And I agree completely, Glorfindel is in a completely different class to them… a better one. :lol:

I’m glad you’re still enjoying the story. I can just imagine these two becoming quite obsessed with each other, while continuing to play tricks on each other all along, which will make them more ready to excuse their deeds. They’ve done some really terrible things, and the trick in this is to show all of that, as dark as it is, while still having them as adversaries of Morgoth.

You’re awesome! :hug:

• 2 weeks later...

From BronxWench on December 05, 2016

It's interesting. I do think Curufin is perhaps more invested in making this work between him and Celegorm, although Celegorm seems eager to have his bother as his lover. I do think it's Celegorm's wildness, his preference for the company of Huan and the wild things he hunts. And while he may see the logical path faster than Curufin, Curufin has the coldness to make it work.

I dread what the poor elleths will face, as Curufin looks for a wife…

Thank you, Bronx! :)

Oh, things will move along a little more speedily now, meaning I’ve no intention of showing Curufin’s eeny meeny miny moeing *g*

Having said that, I don’t believe his chosen is going to find herself securing much of his attention once they are married. I suspect Curufin and Celegorm’s frequent trips to Caranthir for “hunting” are just a cover story. And while Curufin is going to be quite dismissive of his Sindarin wife, I think Celegorm’s temper will cool a little, since he’ll now have what he’s wanted for probably ages. That, and I think the upcoming real visit to Caranthir will kick him into touch a bit. They’re a fine pair, aren’t they? I don’t think any of the females they encounter are going to have much of a good time in this fic.

But despite their canon cruelties, I feel as though the pursuance of their desire for each other is going to require a kind of fanaticism that will lead to real obsession. There isn’t a single one of us who can resist that kind of love, no matter who we are. Even if we were harsh and warlike Noldor elves from the First Age… :lol:

10 hours ago, BronxWench said:

Isn’t that the best part? The Noldor were not so very peaceful and civilized then, were they? Quite the difference from Elrond. :)

Right! Celegorm is coming across as the Noldo version of Nigel Farage… I’ll have Curufin take his mind off of it for a bit. Perhaps he will mellow a bit.

From BronxWench on December 12, 2016

Oh, how very delicious this is, my dears! Can you imagine, the two of them having the same wicked fantasy? I wonder how much of it is Thranduil, perhaps projecting his desires so Legolas cannot help but "hear" them? Although Legolas has added his own wicked touch by including Celebfîn as a participant in his degradation.

I can't wait to see what comes next!

Thank you so much, Bronx! Well… all will become clear later! ;)

As for what comes next… Legolas cannot hide anything for long, not from Thranduil. This Thranduil is a lot more predatory than the other versions I write. And of course, the dreams are going to get more and more extreme… poor Legolas, though it’s his enjoyment of it all that will upset him the most, I think. *g*

From ANON - Argleena on December 12, 2016

I am enjoying this story and can't wait to see how / why their dreams and fantasies are interconnected.

Thank you, Argleena! :) I’m glad you’re enjoying it – more to come soon. Heh… I’m doing a pretty good job of not giving anything away on this one. I’m quite proud of myself. ;)

Reviews for The Voyeurs

From BronxWench on December 21, 2016

Oh, what a perfect, perfect present! It is the most wonderful merging of our worlds, isn't it, and I can see Erestor wanting this joy for Glorfindel and Gildor, even as he dismisses Elladan as far too childish for his tastes. I do imagine the happiness Glorfindel and Gildor have found would be enticing, though, and Elrond's sons are as curious as cats. 

Lovely, and thank you so much! I adore this! :D ::hugs tightly::

Ah… *blushes* I am glad you like it – thank you :)

I used to write a lot of these birthday things, then fell out of the habit for some reason. I had originally planned to have Erestor notice guards lingering about Glorfindel’s door (especially after the way he torments Gildor), but this seemed to fit better. I also had what amounted to a couple of hours, with distraction, so I’m sorry if it seems bare and that there’s no NC-17 content. But I’d imagine Erestor wouldn’t have been interested in the twins at five hundred… even though they aren’t children, they would seem so to him.

But, that aside, I hope you had as good a day as possible, and that you feel better soon. If not, you’ll have to have two Christmas’s as well as two birthdays, and we’ll all have to start calling you Ma’am, or Liz ;)

:hug:

• 4 weeks later...

Reviews for The Teacher

From BronxWench on January 12, 2017

This chapter... I'm finding it hard to capture my feelings in words. Maybe tristesse, but it doesn't feel large enough. The words all seem inadequate, and yet you wove such a spell with your words.

The play was most dramatic, with its glimpses of history, and with key performers bringing back memories perhaps best forgotten. I did enjoy the small vignette with our lovers, though, and thank you for that! But Celebrían's performace was utterly enthralling, and Legolas as Oropher? Sublime. How sad, though, for Elrond to need to see Elros age and fail. My heart ached for him, especially when Galadriel and Celeborn shared their own misgivings.

Prescience is a dreadful curse, to know something evil is coming, and to not know from whence, and for whom. It broke my heart at the very end, it did...

Thank you, for this very powerful chapter. It is both wrenching and yet entirely right, all at the same time.

Thank you, Bronx! :hug:

I don’t know what to say to begin, except that I am quite sure the next chapter is much, much worse for poor Elrond, and there is no “broken heart” smiley. :no:

I am glad you liked the play, and the little tiny bit of Glorfindel and Gildor (I couldn’t resist). Oh, Celebrian’s dance… she really is a completely free spirit. I’m afraid the change in her is severe, and sudden.

Galadriel had much more of a hand in that play than anyone realises. She’s been trying to “get through” to Elrond for a while now, and finally succeeded by surprising him when his emotional defences were down. Elrond might not have been able to tell, but I’ve often wondered if Galadriel knew of Celebrian’s fate. Did Celeborn? I suppose I’ll have to continue writing to find out, but I know Galadriel had a few hints, and she has the mirror. It seems impossible that something so awful could happen to her daughter, and she not know… fate is a strange thing, and stranger still are the elves’ attitudes to it, but I suppose this is one of the areas where they differ from men.

Reviews for The Teacher

From BronxWench on January 15, 2017

It is rare a chapter will leave me quite literally in tears, but this chapter has done so. The love between Elrond and Celebrían rings in every word, as does Elrond's grief. Even the knowledge she will heal in Valinor, and recover her joy does not lessen the sorrow, or ease Elrond's burden.

So beautiful, and so terrible...I think this is one of the most incredible things I've ever read.

Wow… thank you so much, Bronx  :wub:

I am not going to pretend… I meant to make people cry at this chapter. For various reasons it’s important to me that I write loss correctly, and I hope that although Celebrian didn’t feature heavily in my interpretation of Elrond’s story, she featured for long enough to show the vast difference in her between the before and after, and what that means to Elrond. It’s a transitional point in the whole fic, really. Everything will move faster after this, at least in terms of time. For Elrond in a personal sense, I think the years will turn much too slowly.

But, be reassured… ultimately I’ll give everyone I can a happy ending in this. :hug:

You say “this is one of the most incredible things I’ve ever read” and to me it’s one of the most wonderful comments I’ve ever received. Thank you! :)

Reviews for The Teacher

From CCWolfe on January 17, 2017

Just finished chapter 13 and I am loving your story! I had been reading prince in training because I love Thranduil and Legolas. But once I read through that one I was hungry for more of your style of writing and I was so happy I did! I found more Leggy! Yay! You are a magnificent story teller the way you weave the passionate scenes with your plot and characters...it is highly addictive! 

Thank you very much for this review, CCWolfe! :)

I’m so happy you’re enjoying it, and thank you for your compliments. Elrond is my favourite, I have to admit. I’ve been working on his story, on and off, for ten years.

Also, there were a couple of chapters ahead with black diamonds in, but I replaced the punctuation to make it easier to read. I hope you like the rest of the story too!

:wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Reviews for The Teacher

From ANON - BronxWench on January 27, 2017

Oh, this chapter did wrench at me. Elrond's grief resonates throughout, and even the small moments of joy he could find with Celebrían could not ease his pain. But really, she was wise indeed to conspire with all those she loved, to protect Elrond at the very end. Galion was the best choice to help him through the first throes of his grief.

And still, at the very end, the image of Elrond weeping in the night for his lost Celebrían, alone and unable to share his sorrow with anyone, brought me to tears myself.

As ever, your writing makes me transcend all the nonsense of daily life--thank you!

Poor Elrond, but he hasn’t quite had enough yet. I think I am a subscriber to this idea of elves remaining until their grief is too great for them to stay. It fits very well.

Because he hasn’t quite had enough, some kind of normal service will be resumed in the years going forward. Legolas is going to feature heavily in those years.

You always leave such wonderful compliments, and I am sure that if anything I write can take you away from the week you’ve had, then I’m glad  :wub:

How did I miss this chapter?

In any event, Chapter 4 is ominous and full of foreboding. Such vows Curufin and Celegorm make, oaths which hint at events to come in future Ages. And of course, matching rings aren't subtle at all, especially given how little effort he made to adorn the ring for Limeithel.

They do grow bolder as well, and take greater risks in finding time with each other. None will speak out, it seems, but such hubris almost demands response.

And now to the next chapter, which is lovely because I don't have to wait! :)

Thank you! :)

They are being quite obvious. I fear their relationship will end up as an open secret, and I don’t think they care very much either. I feel sorry for the Sindar who have settled with them, because I think they’ll keep quiet about it all out of their love for Limeithel, and partly for their guilt. They know they have thrown her to a wolf.

I have to say, Curufin as a character feels quite cold. I don’t think elven women are going to have an easy time in this story. He seems to have a love/hate thing going on. Celegorm is less cruel, but he’s not going to be intervening at all.

Argh... my first attempt at this review was eaten...

I was rather surprised Caranthir had not suspected the truth of the rumors about his brothers. But if he doubted, the matching rings--there's that thing about subtlety--as well as Cekegorm's reaction would be enough to give it away. And how Curufin enjoyed being the cause of the fisticuffs between Celegorm and Caranthir! Well, until he decided he was not being paid proper attention, that is.

Curufin is a greedy elf, to want it all, and on his terms. Celegorm is happy enough to indulge him, though, and Caranthir has apparently tossed in the towel, leaving his brothers to the Valar to deal with. 

But such an ominous ending! It made me shiver a bit, it did!

Thank you again! :hug:

Curufin is very childish at times… at least Celegorm sees the logic of not falling out with Caranthir over this, even if his temper almost scuppers it.

I knew when I took this challenge up that the only way to explain the evil deeds these two get up to is to make them obsessional with each other. Where the world between the two of them becomes more important than the world outside. Add the oath to that, and it might just all make sense. Of course, any characters that become involved in their story are not going to have much fun. :/

Limiethel is going to grow up fast. She’s got stars in her eyes, and Curufin is a bucket of ice water. I promise it won’t be too harrowing though. That obsession hasn’t really developed yet, so while he is selfish and thoughtless, Curufin is still mostly sane.

Reviews for The Teacher - Missing Scenes

Oh, what a delicious mystery Galion is! He hints at so much, and coyly skirts pigeonholing, but he is formidable indeed. I can see why Galadriel seeks his help. It still makes me wonder what he sees in Thranduil.

I adore these snippets, really. They are all such tantalizing glimpses into the various elves, and make the story all the richer, but they raise questions of their own, which is even better, somehow. :)

Thank you for this :)

I wanted to write what happened when Celeborn went to see Galion out, and this seemed a good excuse to write it. Ha… I am betting Galadriel does not give up “nagging” somehow ;)

I don’t know… maybe it’s because this story is so old, and I have so many pages of notes relating to it. The world it exists in has grown despite canon. I don’t even know how many seperate little bits and pieces, and entire stories, are contained in it now. Galion is one of those places where my imagination has run off into wilder places. I like the thought of this truly ancient elf hanging around on the sidelines, refusing to “get involved” as he calls it.

If Galion ever sailed to the West, who would be waiting for him? Perhaps everyone… I think he’s quite late.

Reviews for Short and Sweet

Hooray! I've missed this one!

Honestly, Legolas and Gili are wonderful. I love the banter between them, and the way Legolas never questions what he feels for Gimli. As odd as it is, as opposed as their people have become, both Gimli and Legolas are simply glorious together. After all, the trees like them as a couple.

I'm going to have an enormously difficult time reading anything Gimli in future without thinking about lollipops, however... :D

Thank you, Bronx! :wub:

Lol… Legolas has been trying to convince Gimli to go back into Fangorn for a while… he’s incredibly excited. At this point, too, Legolas is much older than he is in The Teacher (since the timeline hasn’t caught up), and he’s all for doing it wholeheartedly if he’s doing it at all.

I think he needed to get his own back for the lollipop comment. The way Gimli speaks does for Legolas a lot of the time. He can be so incredibly crude. *g*

• 2 weeks later...

From hauntedpoem on February 05, 2017

wonderful story! just to let you know... I am still trying to reacquaint myself with this site!

Hi, and welcome to AFF, hauntedpoem! :)

Thank you! I hope we will see some of your stories here too, especially the Maglor one I liked. Always room for more lotr fanfiction *g*

• 8 months later...

Reviews for The Voyeurs

• From Avaloyuru on October 25, 2017

Too cute!  Enjoyed it, a good read!  Made me smile!

Thank you Avaloyuru! :)

I was just playing around a bit. Mashed a couple of co-authored stories together, and the characters in them.

It’s so long since I wrote for lotr.. I have to get back there eventually. At the moment, I write what the muse tells me to. But I miss Glorfindel and Gildor. And Elrond.. I miss him. And Thranduil. And Legolas. *sighs* I don’t miss Sauron.

• 2 months later...

Reviews for The Gift

• From Baileyboybee on January 13, 2018

This has always been one of my favorite Annatar stories. I've read it several times. I really like how you incorporated your Maglor theme from your other stories into it. You did a fantastic job in capturing and illustrating the suffering and descent into death from one fatally injured. Thanks for writing it.

Thank you so much, Baileyboybee! :)

Poor old Celebrimbor! He didn’t have a great time in this story. Sauron/Annatar had fun, though… who would ever dare to stop him? I’m glad you enjoyed it too. It was good to write. It was the first time I really let that evil in the character go. For fairly obvious reasons, I had to keep him kind of constrained in the Maglor stories or else risk losing the emotional investment of the reader. This had so few responses at the time, I always worried I’d committed that sin here, and that seeing just how bad that character could be was too harsh. Even for fiction. Now, I think even if it only works for one or two people, like you, then it was definitely worth the writing, because this was really about Celebrimbor and his realisation about the rings and Annatar. Sauron had to be evil here, because Celebrimbor had to see it. Thanks again! :wub:

• 6 months later...

And some to catch up with on this thread, beginning with:

Reviews for Sin and Slavery

From Baileyboybee on June 12, 2018

Hi there! Can't remember if I ever left a comment here. I followed you over from ao3. I really enjoyed the whole world you created with Sauron and Maglor and your different fics. Your storytelling is amazing. You are very skilled in describing the psychological impacts on your characters. Anyway, just wanted to say thank you.

Thank you so much :)  I’m really glad you enjoy them, and I appreciate the hell out of it when people tell me so. Every so often I wonder whether I should actually pull these stories. They’re so dark, and it’s the psychology that makes it so. The pairing is rare enough, but then over the years I’ve realised there’s no neat genre they fit into either. Yes, there’s a great deal of horror here, but there are other things too. They’re uncomfortable to read, and to write. It’s a razor sharp line to keep to, and I sense that however often I dip into their world, there’ll never be any redemption. It’s a harsh truth.

Reviews for A Light in the Black

From ANON - on July 28, 2018

WOW! Where to start... Just spent my entire day in bed with my iPad in front of my face reading 'Fallen'. My mind just can't deal with all the feels... I didn't want it to end!

I'm just going to say it now, your story is the BEST I have ever read and that's saying something! Talent just bleeds through your writing and i'm in awe!

I read 'Fallen' on AO3 and when I finished I desperately tried to find the 'sequel' mentioned, then I came upon this gem and I cried tears of joy!

I love where you are going with this and I can't wait for the next chapter! 

Thank you for writing such a beautiful fic, me thinks I will read your other fics now!

Thank you :) I hope you’re sufficiently recovered now. I pulled all my stories from AO3, but I’m aware a copy of ‘Fallen’ still exists that was archived by the HASA staff.

I am floored by your compliments – thank you so much! I hope you will enjoy the rest of the Sauron/Maglor bits and pieces. I should tell you it was my intention as the author to prise the two characters apart towards the end of ‘Fallen’ and then I realised it couldn’t be done, so the feeling of inevitability in there was shared by me even as I was writing it. I don’t think they will ever escape each other.

I said it above, but I’ll say it again here. Those for whom this fic works and was written are few and far between, really, so it really means a lot to me when you take the time to leave me a few words. You’re awesome – all of you!

• 6 months later...

Reviews for The Teacher

• From BronxWench on February 28, 2019

Ah, it is so good to read this again. I've missed this dearly.

My heart ached so for Elrond, and his grief for Celebrían, I think more so when it becamse clear how little could reach him through the sorrow. And then of course, Celeborn, who is as enigmatic and elusive as ever, planting a tree for his daughter. It's almost too much to bear, for that moment.

And of course Celeborn will beguile Elrond, bring him to appeal to Thranduil, bring him back to speak with Galion...

I can't wait to see more, caught up as I am in the spell you weave.

It was always going to be hard for Elrond, after the last couple of chapters, and he’s probably right that Thranduil won’t be able to rescue him that way this time. But he also knows he’s got to recover a little, somehow.

As for Celeborn, he knows Galion’s view on ‘involvement’ well enough, since Galion explained it very clearly to him, and I don’t think he’s fool enough to continue bothering Galion with it, no matter how much Galadriel might insist. I reckon this is more about getting Galion to speak to Elrond, rather than the other way around. Ha.. he’ll be surrounded by his elders – should be interesting. :lol:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.