Click Here!

DEad BeAts SICK & TIRED

daycrump79

I am just ready to say forget fanfiction I ship SS/HG stories and it seems that none of them are finished so shout out to all of the great non finished from more than ten years ago stories. I needed to vent after once again reading a story titled A Heart After All by Sev... as soon as the story was getting even better it just stopped & you can tell it's been abandoned because it's from 2003 smh

Don't get me wrong I know how hard it is to write a story I have tried BUT when I saw that i was a shit writer I had brains enough to ask if anyone wanted it & to also took it off so that if people did like it they wouldn't be disappointed by the lack of updates. Fanfiction is not what it use to be, fun & exciting now you have people just reading stories to put the authors down instead of just moving on to a story they do like in turn the writer instead of going off of all the good reviews they let the one or two jerks make them run for the hills when did we start letting people whom we don't even know run us off? Show some selfesteem & remember that its YOUR STORY & if the cowards (because I haven't seen one who doesn't review as a guest) want it to go their way they can always write their own.. for example: on ff.net an author who goes by the name of Lillian121 with the very best fifty shades of grey stories you will read had this one reviewer who we dubbed MS CAPS & to make an more than 80 chapter story short we (her fateful readers) gave her a bit of what she was giving. Soooo next time one of the authors are being bullied step in.

So this rant my fellow fanfiction authors & readers is also to say THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH to all of the people who finished their stories & kept what this & every other site like this one is all about FUN...

THANK YOU!!!

Just a couple of points here, not to step on a good rant, but...

We don't encourage flame wars on the review boards here. That makes for very cranky mods, and here at AFF, we DO actively moderate.

Which brings me to point two. We're not affiliated with any other site, so issues on those sites aren't something we can address, nor do we want their issues to come and play here.

Now, taking off my mod hat for a moment, and speaking as an author and not-frequent-enough reader, there are so many reasons that stories get abandoned. Sometimes it's lack of direction. Sometimes it's profound writer's block. Sometimes it's real life intervening and causing an author to be unable to devote time to writing. But whatever the reason, writing is hard work, folks!

Feed the writers you love with helpful reviews that let them know what works and what doesn't, and be patient if there's a delay with a normally updated story. And if a story hasn't been touched for over ten years, it's a safe bet that the author won't be updating it anytime soon. Save yourself the aggravation and click past if unfinished stories drive you crazy. Me, I just get plunnies.

I was talking about this site but gave an example of the kind of bullying when it came to the other site...

I needed to get that out & I also wish I could skip over unfinished stories but alas this site does not show if the story is complete or not.

May I ask what plunnies are?

Don't get me wrong I super love all of the in my ship but I just really hate seeing such great perfection go to waste.

We do have a WIP tag for works in progress, and a COMPLETE tag for stories that are finished, but we don't go through the archive and insist that authors use them. It's the same elsewhere, as far as I've seen. The author needs to specifically denote the story as complete, so it's up to us as authors to help out readers with tags.

And yes, I know that other sites have an issue with flames and review board bullies. We tend to deal with those things swiftly, so we don't quite have that issue here.

Plunnies are plot bunnies. Adorable, flop-eared, little furry bundles that hop over, look at you with big eyes, and then sink their dratted fangs into your ankle and gnaw on you until you write the story they want you to write. Unfinished stories tend to make me think about endings, which tends to make plunnies bounce over and wait for me to take off my chainmail leggings. :lol: