Click Here!

Story placement

knzen

I've been writing a Sailor Moon fic for the past month or so. It is in the female/female area because it is all female female for the first 4 chapters. In the 5th chapter there is a male sort of introduced who is involved in some encounters (4 total though 3 of them are short enough that to me they all blend together). Anyway there are in total around 20 female/female encounters (usually clumped together and in some cases making up 90% of the chapter), and the 4 (or 2) encounters involving a male. A review was posted that the whole story should be moved because of the hand full of hetero encounters. My question is this, is the female/female category for stories that have 100% female/female content, or stories centered around female/female pairings?

In the general section this would be no worry but when I started I didn't plan for there to be any males involved but I let the characters do whatever and made some requests happen, one of which caused this male to enter.

Is it fine to be in the female/female section or should I see about having it moved?

Here is a link to the story:http://anime.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600054394

So long as the focus of the story lies on the f/f encounters and the m/f encounters are relatively speaking of lesser importance to the story rather than a huge part of it, it is fine in the F/F section.

However, it would be fairly important in this case to add an M/F-tag to your summary or first chapter. People who are reading in a Femslash section are expecting, well, female action. Without the appropriate tagging, having M/F scenes could come as a nasty surprise to them.

Ok, I shall add the tag, they kind of need to be updated anyway. Is that the official mod answer, or should I keep checking back? Don't want to have to worry about having to reupload the material.

I had a feeling the section needed stories focused on f/f encounters but not strictly 100%. There are a lot of encounters, especially in chapter 3-5.

Thanks again, I linked the top of that chapter here and added the M/F tag to the story and the top portion of the chapter before the disclaimer. Anything else I should do? Will this topic stay here? It's kinda odd there are no clear cut rules about this that I could find already written anywhere.

Actually there are. That's exactly why the tagging exists. In a for instance such as this story, the predominant feature of the story is that it is F/F. That you have some M/F included in it, simply means you tag for that part of your story. For that matter, where it's only a few places, here and there, we have plenty of authors who add the tag as the first paragraph of the affected chapter, rather than adding it to the summary.

I expect I should step this out at some point, so that should the question come up, the answer is perfectly clear. :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.