Click Here!

Merry Grinchmas! ^^

DemonGoddess

Firstly, I'd like to welcome all the new users we're seeing daily! Glad to have you here! Please do familiarize yourself with the Terms of Service and Content Guidelines. This IS a moderated archive.

Moderation Status (2013)

Updated monthly. November report is here.

Dribs, Drabs and Doggy Tales

Current bi-monthly prompt is here

Current monthly prompt is here

Newly published authors

From time to time, we come across in the archive where one of the users is picked up by a publisher. Congratulations!

+sniffles+ Didn't see anyone picked up by a publisher.

Category requests and creation

There are a few ways where I'll create a new subcategory, upon request.

First (and quickest), request it in the forum. Directions for that are here. You don't need a forum login to make this request.

Request via email, at technicalsupport@adult-fanfiction.org?subject=New Category. The above rules apply to an email request as well.

Name the fandom in your story itself, by disclaiming it properly. I go through the misc. categories about once a week and create categories for stories where there isn't one.

Please note this does NOT apply to pair specific type categories. For those, I need to see links to 5 pre-existing stories, with the pair that you want the category for.

Funding Status

As always, we appreciate and thank everyone who can donate. It's certainly not required of the users, but every little bit helps!

Tech Bits

Internet Explorer-

I THINK it's finally working the way it's supposed to with the rich text editor. Upgraded once again to the latest version of ckeditor, it's now at 4.31. Tried going in to a chapter in Internet Explorer, and was able to WITHOUT having to go through contortions to make it work. Had a few people test it as well, and they're telling me the same.

Our FAQ section has much useful information. Having said that, if you're still having trouble, you can either email tech support, or post in the tech support forum. It can take me up to 48 hours to respond, due to real life obligations. Please be patient, I WILL get to you as soon as I can.

Please remember that the authors you read do like to hear from you! Leave them a review or two, and let them know how they're doing!

DemonGoddess061

AFF is clearly an old model of website and, but for the moderators, it would be impossible to maneuver. So thanks for this; it's really convenient. A Merry Grinchmas to all and to all a good night.

Edited by KassX

Yes, it's in transition to new software. However, in order to not lose data, the archive stays live while the other stuff is worked on.

The user cp and members subdomain are an example of the new code, while the storyboarding is still the OLD stuff.

Unfortunately, Internet Explorer doesn't play nice with many sites, including this one. That has more to do with the fact that Microsoft thinks that we all have to design for that piece of shit browser. Where functions and things work fine in ANY other browser, and have all along.

I will never subscribe to the notion that I must design for "quirks" (i.e. software bugs) in a browser. That is ridiculous.