Click Here!

Long-Term Writer seeks Long-Term Betas for... a multitude of sins.

Slayitalldown

Hi, I'm a writer.

I would like to evolve some day (soon) into author and to that end, devote almost 90% of my existence to it in a fairly even ratio of learn:practice:panic. I live and breathe writing in all its forms. Am I any good at it? If I had any friends I would have to ask them.

I'm kidding, I have friends, I don't care what they think, they love me for my lewd humor.

As a wanderer, I keep relocating myself to different towns/states/countries with the only criteria being reliable postal service and steady internet connection. I'd join a writer's group and ask them but then I'd have to leave the house and I JUST got it the way like it. Besides, my social skills would be characterized as a 'work in progress towards a more equitable distribution of give and take with genuine segways between topics... and less pop culture references', so I prefer the diversity of the internet with the option of 'leaving' without actually having to go anywhere. It suits my disposition. And sleeping habits. Finding a beta and building a relationship with them is important to me, I believe it should be a mutually beneficial arrangement based on respect and at least a fairly cohesive outlook on work quality and desired outcomes. I'm passionate about ideas but I like to see them well presented so I'm something of a snob, I guess.

I'm always 'working on something' and its usually a one-project-per-fandom thing. Never drabbles, always 'epic novel-sized sagas' or screenplays and I am fairly bullheaded about getting to the finish line. I don't post often - for a variety of emotional reasons - and don't delve too deeply into fandom circles as I have too many things I'm a fan of. I prefer to work on one project with all my energy but in the back of my mind my original fiction is always ready to leap forward and take over. I live by my muses. They are fickle little things, keeping them in line is much like using chihuahua's to pull a sled... it can get messy and impracticle if I'm no disciplined!

I empathise with the work/life/family/writing balance but I don't sympathise with it due to my genuine obsession with writing and learning - outside of writing lies distractions, delays and irritations to I have discarded them all. This is, of course, temporary (if you call a patch between months and years temporary) - as I live by the cardinal rule that stasis = death - but I am focused 100% on the task and keep my own hours. Lucky me.

As I don't post very often I am basically in need of feedback from someone with a keen eye for detail. Not the usually spelling and grammar but someone devoted to the discipline and all its components, someone who reads, studies, listens to any and all writing advice with an insatiable desire to then apply any new tecnique described or word learned to their own work in progress, someone not too picky about what fandoms they enjoy and perhaps a personality that can tolerate the more ambitious side of human nature in someone who has an abundance of outward confidence and yet wobbles every first step like a newborn colt. If I can make it through the phase I am currently in, I will be ready for the far more serious (grown up) steps of agent-to-publisher with an editor somewhere in that mix. I live for the day that I am good enough to be cast upon the mercy of an editor. Like a full tilt masochist. You woulnd't think it of me but there is my dirty little kink.

Now you know all my secrets. :shifty:

Please don't hesitate to PM me - I'm sure I get email alerts... although I've never tested the theory. I should go figure out how to turn that on - if you are interested in becoming a beta and/or require a beta. I do a pretty quick turn-around so don't be astonished to have your work sent back almost immediately but as I said I believe in a give and take so what I am more than happy to do for you I expect of equal value in return. I'm not good with drabbles, short fics and pwp as it doesn't hold my attention any more, I'm more of a six-legged-beast-on-a-spit-kind-of-story-girl. I'll be honest but kind, I would never be cruel and if I come off as rude it is completely unintentional, I'm just blunt. It is my way. I'm kind of a living info-dump.

That doesn't sound sexy, does it?

I should probably have added that I am currently working on a Marvel spec script of sorts, masquerading as fanfiction while I try out something new. So far... surprisingly successful... I think...

Iron-Man-Loki-the-avengers-31983910-500-

• 1 month later...

I'd be willing to try. I beta for a friend, but the needs of that project, the needs of my own project, and what little social life I have leave room for another beta project. I adore epic, novel-length stories, and I have a good grasp of the Marvel mythos. I'd be willing to beta a fic from another fandom, but I do copious research, so if it isn't a fandom I'm already in, I may need two weeks or so to watch/read/research whatever fandom source material I can find.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.