Click Here!

What would you do?

I was recently bitten by a dark muse, not overly dark but dark none the less. After my friend read it (she's also my coauthor on some stories and beta for many) she felt bitten by it and ASKED to play in my world... not a problem, it doesn't have the same characters as mine and will be a whole different story, so I gave her permission.

The problem came when my second beta took my world and twisted it into a sick sick place.

In my world pets are the norm; when I say this most will think it's sexual, but pets are used for many different reasons in my world. Yes it CAN be sexual, but they can also be companions.

*shakes head* Back to the reason I am ranting, She took my intro and basically reworded it for her story and turned it into BDSM! I have nothing against BDSM, I have friends in that life style and I have written that, the major problem I have is her putting three year olds into a BDSM ORPHANAGE!

I asked her why... her reason? They can only be subs until they are of age... :P WTF!?!?! (Yes I have a major problem with pedophilia) (She also doesn't see how she took my intro... *sighs*)

I have my friend who asked telling me to start posting my story now (even though it is unfinished and was originally going to be posted as a long one-shot.)

*winces* I am undecided as to what to do at this point. I do not want her to post hers and then for people to point out that mine is similar to hers when mine is the original.

So to those who take the time to read this... let me know what you would do?

If this is posted in the wrong place... I am apologize!

Edited by FairyNiamh

I'd restore it to what it was before the beta tried to make it her own thing isntead of yours, and then take it from there, I think.

I should have been a bit more clear I think. I still have my original beginning and my original story.

The problem was she took my beginning, warped and twisted it, then used it for her story.

Thats plagiarism dear, and you have the right to tell her she can't post it.

She doesn't see it as plagiarism (yeah I know); and if she posts first then it's my ass on the line for plagiarism. *head bangs*

Where is she planing on posting it? Is it an original work or ff?

She plans on posting here in the Naruto (male/male) section... Maybe I should just go ahead and start posting it first...

Try posting yours first with an authors note as to why it is only a rough cut and that you just wanted to post it before that person plagerized you

I think that is what I will do. *hugs* Thanks for the advice, it helped greatly.

I went ahead and posted the first 2500+ words (by no means all I have written, but all she has seen)

I doubt I will be using her as a beta anymore, I can handle being asked to play in my world, but not for out right stealing. *hugs you both* Thanks again.

Yeah I'd recommend posting yours first, just in case. That's always a problem with people seeing your work and working on it before you post it - not that I have anything against beta readers at all, they help people a great deal - you just have to find the right person for you. And to me, the fact that she even did that means she's not the type of person that you'd want helping you in the first place. They've in all actuality stolen your idea that you gave into their hands for safekeeping.

If her version is posted also and people make a connection - refer them to this thread or just add an explanation of what's happened - you'd be surprised at the support you'd get.

Sadly this is something you have to worry about when you get a beta. It gives a bad name to good betas. When I contact someone to beta for me I always keep the email. That way, should the unthinkable happen and I get accused of plagerism, I have some type of proof it was the other way around.