Click Here!

I believe my Disclaimer is compliant...

although I have received a notice that it is not. In the disclaimer field I had a note that the disclaimer was in Chapter 1. In Chapter 1 I had one paragraph of author notes, followed by:

Standard disclaimer: I do not own the Kellis-Amberlee virus, zombies, the CDC, the EIS, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, the Walter Lantz studio, the Texas Biomedical Research Institute, Cadillac-Gage/Textron, the Three Stooges, the Snake Farm, Coke, Dr. Pepper, the Newsflesh Trilogy, or any of the characters contained within the Newsflesh Trilogy. Any resemblance to actual persons, living, dead, or living dead, is purely coincidental. I do not make any money from this story.

(emphasis added)

By my understanding, the bolded portions should satisfy the disclaimer requirements. For future reference, I am curious as to the exact nature of the problem. Is it because it's not the very first paragraph in the chapter, it disclaims unnecessary elements, or something else?

In any case, I have changed the text in the disclaimer field to a simpler disclaimer.

The disclaimer you have in the body of the chapter is more than sufficient. We've allowed disclaimers in the body of the chapter when the disclaimer will cover more than the 240 characters allowed by that field, and the notation to see Chapter 1 in the disclaimer field is also acceptable.

The simpler disclaimer in the field, as you have it now, is more than sufficient for our purposes, but the more comprehensive one in the body of the text was not incorrect. I'll update the records to reflect that this was correct.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.