Click Here!

This Applies to YOU!

http://mag.awn.com/index.php?ltype=Columns...article_no=3605

A stalker of mine just sent this to me (she helpful for some things...) And it is beyond outrageous! Everyone who thinks this is too much and the government has gone too far--VOICE IT! Read this article, contact the bastards that are doing this and STOP IT!!!!

I myself am now deleting all my art from one site that I had it posted on, for this reason. I don't frequent the site enough to keep an eye on my art. You must protect your art and your rights!

This "law" is not passed yet, but do you want to take the chance that it will be??????

Doesn't apply to me, I don't live over there in that shitfaced country of yours :P

Though I must say it is a fact the internet is pretty much owned by that shitfaced country of yours....

If I ever find some american used my work without my permission I might have to go to war with you....

Seriously, how are you going to find ONE guy, blowing up your buildings at random???

The simple response to this is to write your congress reps and senators OBJECTING to this particular law.

I don't know what I'm going to do about my stuff yet, exactly; I do hope that because I upload to my own server first, that that affords me some protection.

My cousin already wrote to them when he read this article, even though he lives in Japan, he's a full time artist and the thought that artists in America were being threatened pissed both of us off. I'm not really an 'artist' but I do draw every now and then and the thought that one of my drawings that I have on this, and a few other sites, could be stolen from me, gives me an indescribable feeling of both rage and nausea. My first thought when I read that article was : That's it, I'm moving to Australia! Sigh, I love America, I really do, but every now and then (this has been getting more and more frequent) I can't help but be pissed off at my own country. I seriously don't blame my cousin for leaving Nebraska at age thirteen.

*sigh* Money makes the world go round, particularly in this shitfaced country. I live here because I was born here, the end. I don't like it, but I don't have enough money to pick up and move to another country, and I don't think my grandparents would give it to me.

This is really wrong, but I don't think there's anything anyone can really do. Every single one of us could bitch to our representatives, but if someone is paying them large amounts of money to pass it, the public is yet again very screwed.

What you can do however, is think very carefully about who you're giong to vote for in the Presidential election. I'm fairly certain that getting a decent president for a change is the only way we're getting out of the mess we're in.

http://yaoi.y-gallery.net/journal/snover/130570/

I have just now found this link on Y!Gallery--if any of you have an account there. She is explaining how basically the first link is bullshit. I'm not taking sides yet or completely dismissing the option that this new law could be passed. But it does bring some new light to the situation.

Guest Agaib

Certainly interesting. As I said, if the first article is accurate, it is worrisome. But if it is as inaccurate as the second article claims it is then someone is just trying to raise a shit storm where there is none.

Either way, as a person that is not really familiar with copyright law and has no expertise on the subject. I'm not really capable of determining who is right.

Doesn't apply to me, I don't live over there in that shitfaced country of yours :P

Though I must say it is a fact the internet is pretty much owned by that shitfaced country of yours....

If I ever find some american used my work without my permission I might have to go to war with you....

Seriously, how are you going to find ONE guy, blowing up your buildings at random???

Just because we have a president who somehow won the election even though we didn't vote for the first time around, and then had a bunch of idiots vote for him the second time around even though he cheated the first time, and we will have to carry around identification cards with GPS tracking devices for the sake of "homeland security," does not make our country shitfaced! Er . . . . o ya, wait, it does. What country are you from again and do you have any hot male friends who would marry me so I could obtain citizenship???

I can't watch the news because it makes me cry.

Personally, I think the second article to be the more accurate of the two, for several reasons:

1) The first article never quite explained how 'orphaned works' would be given into the public domain, let alone bypass the claims just about every hosting site on the net uses. (Point blank: "If we host it for you, we get to use it. In exchange, no one else but you can. Agree/Disagree?"

2) I know lobbying is a big business, but seriously, does the term 'political suicide' not mean anything to people? Senators and Reps can only keep sucking at the public teat if they get re-elected. Not gonna happen if the other guy can claim you sold out every talented person in the nation.

3) How the heck did they expect it to survive the courts? The Supreme would have that tossed on the first case for infringement purposes, and with 200+ years of material to back the decision with.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I don't know where I placed it but I had gotten a response from the NJ dude (my first government letter. oH MY!). and another by email. I'm upset to, but they don't put in layman's terms what is going on.

it seems more for unclaimed work. wich means more intensive to sign and date every damn thing you do and put a time stamp on it. and make sure you can be contacted. Thats what I am told anyway.More insentive to get things published in bigger ways, though large time publishing could mean your work's right got sold with the deal (like working for card companies?)

though this doesn't apply to countries where they have no copyright law. a lot of artists have gotten ripped off by them.