Click Here!

Am actually starting the category reordering now

DemonGoddess

In any case, I'm going sequentially. Started with the further right menu, as that is more populated, but the other menu where the LotR section is, won't be long in getting to.

So, I'm in a bit of a quandary here. While on the one hand, I have definite ideas of where/how things should be split, I am limited to three levels of categories at most. Which makes it a bit trickier.

As we all know, the bookverse is VERY different from the movieverse. The movies didn't go into very many things, plus there was cutting out of certain characters, as well as substitution of some for others. What I'm getting at is that obviously the bookverse if much, much more extensive.

Anyway, here's what I'm looking at now, considering that I've got those level limitations for now.

Splitting the bookverse into ages, as certain elves, for example, (except in AU set stories) wouldn't BE past the First Age, as they would not have survived the fall of Beleriand. Some wouldn't even be mentioned much at all after the trees had been poisoned as they would've stayed behind in Aman. Naturally, to accomodate where some have lived through many ages, there should also be a multi-age category. :rolleyes: But what this would mean, is that the ages would have to be top level categories, instead of below the top level category "Lord of the Rings Books".

So, I'm thinking something like this:

Bookverse: Pre-Trees/Trees

Bookverse: First Age

Bookverse: Second Age

Bookverse: Third Age

Bookverse: Fourth Age and later

Bookverse: Multi Age

Could drop the bookverse, as those of you who write for this fandom, are well aware of the different ages. There is a field for description, so I could just put "books" or something like that in the description.

I dunno, still kicking this all around, as you can probably tell.

In any case, could use some feedback, if any of you are willing, so I know what direction to go with this.

Guest orleans

First of all, sorry for the late reply :(

Splitting the whole bookverse into these different ages sound really good. This way it will be well aranged and easier to find stories. A multi-age-category is necessary, I think.

For example, Glorfindel, lived in different ages and there are many stories telling about his first and second life. The authors will have to decide carefully where they post their story, some of them "play" in the Third Age but have frequent flashbacks to last ages.

I also think you could kick the "Bookverse"; I mean you split the whole into movie section and book section anyway, don't you? So it wouldn't be necessary to add that a second time.

Good luck with your work!!

Basically that's what I was asking about. Thanks again for your input :( . I know that any one who plays in the book verse, KNOWS that the ages reference the books, not the movies. The movies deal with the trilogy, which is all TA stuff anyway.

I agree, multi age would be a necessity, as not only do many authors use Glorfindel across the ages, they also use Elrond and Erestor that way, and the twins. That's just off the top of my head from scanning.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
lol, when we get to tv, there's a few that need renamed, like Startrek:Classic, SHOULD be Startrek: TOS.

heh, true but even we trekkies do call it in passing conversation the 'classic Star Trek' so it works still. :lol:

Yeah, but it's not really accurate to describe an episode like Spock's Brain as Classic. I for one can't do it without laughing. That's one case where TOSS is more accurate than TOS....

depends on what kind of trek fan with whom you're talking. :D There's some hardcore ones at the convention who just love quoting "Brain... What is Brain?"

yea it's bad I remember that...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.