Click Here!

Anime Expo '08

I can understand many people on here are racist against Anime but I don't really care, I'm asking as a general question, Who's going to AX!?!

(and if you don't know what it is, I'm not explaining. Look here: http://www.animecons.com/events/info.shtml/1351 )

I'm so freaking excited about it, I can't wait!

This will be my second time going, but this time I'm going with an experienced cosplayer. *grins* I'm going wth my best friend, like I did last time, along with her sister and.... her... friend *coughfuckingcuntbitchcough* and a whole slew of others, along with my waifu Russu. She's the one that decided she and I should go in the first place.

I was totally excited when she told me and she said she would make our costumes and everything. She's been doing this for like 5 or 6 years I think and she's amazing at sewing and stuff like that! I was totally cool with one costume, but then she was reading up that AX is 4 days long and she was like, "... It's four days." I was like, "Yeah, so?" And she replies with, "OMG we're so going as two characters!" I was so damn excited! Just going is awsome--AND I get to see her, but getting to go at two different cahracters is like OMFgbsuibfkjbasdfskh!!! GAH! YES!

Anyways, so my best friend and all her friends are going as Twilight Princess Zelda characters... which are going to be fail so bad. >.< I know I'm mean.

And Russu and I are going as Saiyuki Characters two days and Tokyo Babylon characters the other two days! From Tokyo Babylon, I'm going as Subaru in his priest outfit. And Russu is going as Seishirou in his normal black suit outfit. From Saiyuki, I'm going as Genjo Sanzo and Russu is going as Ukoku Sanzo (Dr. Nii). Our cosplays are teh win.

It is exciting. I cannot wait! If anyone is going, let me know! We can say hi there! :)

Im going, or at least Im going to try to go. im so excited!! My fiance will be with me.

*grins* Awsome! I know I'm like totally excited too. I get to see all my friends and cosplay and do what I want--it is awsomness.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend as I are going as CLAMP characters two of the days and there is going to be a CLAMP gathering at AX. I had origionally started it--or so I thought, but a short while later I found out that someone else had started it like a WEEK before me so they basically got got control over it. It pissed me off, but I was just like, fine--as long as there's a gathering.

Well, it is now 2 and a half months away from AX and this twat still has not decided a time, date or location for the gathering and all the days and times are almost completely taken up already. And, on top of that, she basically stated in a past reply that she may drop the gathering in lieu of focussing more on her OTHER gatherings that she's doing. So now I'm like WTF. She just wanted to get her greedy little claws into everything she can so she can take all the credit for it! So now the CLAMP gathering, which is one of the largest gatherings, is just floating aimlessly because she had to be a selfish bitch.

So I took it upon myself, last night, to PM her and let her know if she was going to abandon the gathering and wasn't doing what she needed to be doing, then she could pass it over to me.

So far I have not gotten a reply back, but miraculously, suddenly she leaves a typically vague reply, on the forum topic, with an idea to do two seperate gathering at two completely different times and days. So now she's suddenly a good guy--but writing this, i was just suddenly inspired with a lovely reply for her back. MUWAhahahahahaaaaa......

One day I will get down there.

I've been going to conventions since 2004, but all up in Canada. I might make it to my first US con later this year if things work out right (money, job, etc). Damn things are addictive, I tell you.

Indeed they are, but they're such an expensve addiction. >.<

lolwut "Racist" against anime?

I would like to go to a con sometime, though I'm not sure if I'd go to an Anime one. I've never been to one.

See, that's what I mean! *laughs* Nobody loves anime.... >.<

See, that's what I mean! *laughs* Nobody loves anime.... >.<

I think the majority of deviantART would disagree with you.

But I figured you meant people don't like it, it just seemed strange to term it as racist. :)

I think the majority of deviantART would disagree with you.

But I figured you meant people don't like it, it just seemed strange to term it as racist. :)

*laughs* That's just me being funny. You can't take me seriously ok. That's what piss most people off is my sarcasm and dry humor. Just think about it and it's really funny.

Anyway, I agree with you about the DA thing, but I was talking about the people on here. I've noticed most people on this forum aren't very partial to Anime and that's why I said it. As you can see, this topic hasn't exactly garnered a lot of replies and usually ANYBODY who loves anime and who's gong to AX would reply to it. Hense my "racist" comment. ^_~

Better than drugs though. :D

It's funny because I'm working on my lastest costume as I type this.

Oh? Awsome! Yeah, I lucked out and met Russu on Y! and she's been doing cosplay for years and she makes all her own costumes and is like awsome at it. So she's making all mine for me. :)

I am depressed now--I think I've moved past the stage of really being pissed off--I mean, I'm still frustrated as hell and angry at time, but now I'm more sad than anything else. *sighs*

I've PMed both the twat that is "in charge" of the gathering and the admin guy who is in charge of all the gatherings and info and locations and crap and neither one of them have replied back to me. I was polite and thought I got my point across pretty damn well, but now everyone is ignoring me!

THIS SUCKS!

Why do I always get ignored!? Why do my opinions mean so little when it really matters!?

I fucking hate cosplayers...... :)

*laughs* That's just me being funny. You can't take me seriously ok. That's what piss most people off is my sarcasm and dry humor. Just think about it and it's really funny.

Anyway, I agree with you about the DA thing, but I was talking about the people on here. I've noticed most people on this forum aren't very partial to Anime and that's why I said it. As you can see, this topic hasn't exactly garnered a lot of replies and usually ANYBODY who loves anime and who's gong to AX would reply to it. Hense my "racist" comment. ^_~

Ah :3 Gotcha. *writes that down for the future*

I am depressed now--I think I've moved past the stage of really being pissed off--I mean, I'm still frustrated as hell and angry at time, but now I'm more sad than anything else. *sighs*

I've PMed both the twat that is "in charge" of the gathering and the admin guy who is in charge of all the gatherings and info and locations and crap and neither one of them have replied back to me. I was polite and thought I got my point across pretty damn well, but now everyone is ignoring me!

THIS SUCKS!

Why do I always get ignored!? Why do my opinions mean so little when it really matters!?

I fucking hate cosplayers...... :)

>_<

It's still two months away, yes? I don't know about AX but half the stuff for AN (the con I go to) isn't decided yet and there's only 32 days before that. I know where and when some of my photoshoots are, but certainly not all of them.

Yes, it's in July, but the fact that all the other gatherings and the larger ones already have times and everything picked out is what's the problem--if everyone else was still deciding then it wouldn't matter but they already have--we're like one of the few gatherings that haven't and we're one of the largest--that's what's pissing me off.

And since half the people in the CLAMP gathering are also going to other gatherings, we have that problem as well.

Ah, I see.

It's not uncommon (at AN) to see several gatherings for the same anime/interest just because no one can make a specific one. For instance, there will be three Sailor Moon shoots at AN. I plan on making all three, but some people can only make one.

Either way, I can sort of understand your frustration with some people. I've seen it happen, on more than one occassion, where a person new to conventions in general tries to organize something and then fails miserably. Even some "seasoned pros" who just lack organizational skills seem to turn a simple task into something terribly complex.

Hang in there, I'm sure it will work out. It's funny how something that we enjoy so much can cause us such stress.

Yes, it's in July, but the fact that all the other gatherings and the larger ones already have times and everything picked out is what's the problem--if everyone else was still deciding then it wouldn't matter but they already have--we're like one of the few gatherings that haven't and we're one of the largest--that's what's pissing me off.

dude, i've been going to anime cons for the last ten years... NOTHING gets planned in a timely manner.

My most recent one, Anime Wasabi in Denver, didn't have schedules printed until 10pm friday night... five hours into the con. Granted it was their first year, but come on people... you only had 3 rooms to plan for... Still had a blast tho!

Anyway, don't worry about things not being set yet, at NDK (also in Denver) the Bleach photo shoot came together through word of mouth the first night of the con... I realize AX is much bigger but i'm sure you'll be fine. Wish I could go, but all my money is tied up in my trip to A-kon in Dallas (5 weeks away!!)

There was a con in Toronto back in November 2005. It was doomed from the beginning as it was called "Con no Baka", later it was jokingly refered to "Titanicon". Poor planning was its middle name and the entire con unravelled while we were there. A combination of people who had volunteered backing out at the last minute, and the con having a lower than projected attendance. The hotel didn't get its promised number of reservations and so the con was cancelled on the Saturday.

It was still fun though.

There was a con in Toronto back in November 2005. It was doomed from the beginning as it was called "Con no Baka", later it was jokingly refered to "Titanicon". Poor planning was its middle name and the entire con unravelled while we were there. A combination of people who had volunteered backing out at the last minute, and the con having a lower than projected attendance. The hotel didn't get its promised number of reservations and so the con was cancelled on the Saturday.

It was still fun though.

God what a nightmare.... but at least you had a good time though.

Since the bitch has decided to ignore me completely (having not replied to my first PM from last week) I have decided to PM her again, this time with a much less nicer version.

Maybe you guys would like to see them?

So here's the first one:

Hello Schemer,

I was wondering if you had abandoned the CLAMP gathering altogether or were still planning on doing something with it. If you weren't I would be willing to take control of it. We really, really need to pick a definite time and location--one which most of us have decided on already, but without a ringleader per say, it's kind of just... floating--and for a group as large as ours, we need to get this squared away.

Please PM me as soon as possible, thank you!

Squall-sama

I thought I was polite and fair. I don't see anything wrong in asking, it's not like I was a fucking bitch about it. She was more of a cunt to ignore me.

And now here's my new reply (which it just seems she has replied to...):

You know. I offered kindly to help out with this gathering as it is obvious you have spread yourself far too thin, but you must want all the credit for being charge of so many gatherings, so that's fine.

The least you can do is be kind enough to reply back with a simple "I can handle it, thanks" or derivative of. Ignoring someone and pretending like none of it is happening is not professional at all.

I'm to the point now where I don't even want to be a part of this group with how UNPORFESSIONAL and sloppy it's being dealt with.

I gave up being in charge of the CLAMP gathering (even though you had made this post only a week before mine) because I thought you could handle it--but as far as I can see, you can't. Perhaps next time you should considder only running half of what you are this time and perhaps not doing so many cosplays you just give up on others. All of the gatherings are equally important and you need to learn to manage your time as well as other's a little bit more professionally and efficiently from now on.

I'm through with being nice and playing games. It pisses me off more that she's ignored me this long, than anything else. I'll have to see what her reply is.... Funny how she replies to my bitching but doesn't to my nicer one... Hmmm.