Click Here!

Cookie reset, slight url change

DemonGoddess

I'm having an issue accessing a few stories that I saved in my favorites so I could read them; and I didn't know if the url change could be behind the problem or if they were deleted. Though the stories weren't all by the same author, and some are working while others are not. Could someone please help?

This on is for Jacob and the Snake Charmer by E.J

http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600106331&chapter=10

This on is for The Carnalli Complex By Passhenette1

http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600099914

This one is for Moonlight Denial: Shades of Moonlight Book 1 By Darkness

http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600095436

This one is for Human By Laiko

http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600105146

And the last one is The Dark Side of the Moon by LilyEverlasting

http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600102693

This on is for Jacob and the Snake Charmer by E.J

http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600106331&chapter=10

This on is for The Carnalli Complex By Passhenette1

http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600099914

This one is for Moonlight Denial: Shades of Moonlight Book 1 By Darkness

http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600095436

This one is for Human By Laiko

http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600105146

And the last one is The Dark Side of the Moon by LilyEverlasting

http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600102693

These are all opening fine for me.

I'm going to suggest something that may reset the links. Open your post above to edit it, and then just save it or cancel. You don't actually have to make a change, but Melrick, our forum admin, pointed out that it seems to reset the links.

Guest KnockoutObsession

I am also having no luck getting into the original archive. I have tried everything. I cleared my cookies and added '/' after org. It was working fine yesterday morning. But then in the evening it wasn't. And it still is not working. I can get everywhere else besides the originals.

I am also having no luck getting into the original archive. I have tried everything. I cleared my cookies and added '/' after org. It was working fine yesterday morning. But then in the evening it wasn't. And it still is not working. I can get everywhere else besides the originals.

Ya that's what happened to me; but I can get into most of the originals now just not the ones mentioned above. When I click on them I get redirected.

Jojo - you can't edit as you're posting as a guest.

As I understand your post, you are able to access the link I posted directly into the subdomain, correct?

Since you're having difficulty with those links but not getting into the subdomain over all, what I would suggest is using the search function in the originals subdomain in order to find the story.

Other than clearing your cache and cookies and restarting your browser (closing it and opening it back up - all open browser windows), there's nothing further I can suggest. If you are still experiencing issues, then I do have to suggest waiting until after 5p EST to allow for DG to return from her RL job, as more in depth problems are beyond my ability to fix for you.

Now, if you are using IE, and the issue is persisting, please do try to restart your machine. Though someone earlier in the thread stated that it is not necessary, that would have been a change in the latest version as far as I am aware, since all changes to Microsoft applications generally tell you that they require a restart of the machine in order to function as requested.

I've tried the search engines too before I started posting and I've cleaned my cache and cookies; but it still isn't working.Though on the other hand the links are working on my sister's computer so the problem is most likely being caused from my end. I'll see if I can figure anything else out while I wait for DG. Thank you for trying to help. :)

Actually, anyone we find "perjuring themselves" to be on this site will find themselves removed, and if they return, they will be banned for life. Feel free to look at the moderation report to see how seriously we do take that. In fact, here's a link.

While some people may find it amusing, and think it's funny to subvert that age requirement, there are real life consequences. Those of us associated with the site can be fined, or serve jail time, which would require us to be registered as sex offenders. I don't find that particularly funny. I have a lively sense of humor, but I look lousy in jailhouse orange.

It is amusing because it's overkill and nobody takes it seriously. And lets not pull out that straw man. Nobody is talking about getting rid of the age requirement, just bringing it in line with what the rest of the world is doing. A less aggravating page will be just as effective at keeping you out of jailhouse orange as the current PITA page is.

Another consequence of the "blue page of major annoyance" is that none of the stories get indexed on the search engines. Some might consider that a disservice to the authors. It's far more common for someone to say or write "Check out my story, Al. Just google BronxWench (one word) fiction." than to pass on a URL that doesn't even bring up the story you're referencing. I can remember several times when I've read and forgotten the location of a good story. But thanks to Google and the recollection of some applicable search values, I was able to find it. No such luck possible if the story is on A-FF.org.

It's like walking into a liquor store. You see the adult magazines in a rack behind the counter, often wrapped and covered. Fine. You, on the other hand, keep all those magazines stored in a separate shed behind the store. A shed fortified with iron bars that requires two keys and the combination to a lock whose codes change hourly. Plus you have to leave your driver's license and a $50 deposit at the front desk. Okay, maybe that's exaggerating. But considering the short attention span of many Internet surfers, I may not be that far off.

As I explained before, the blue page is directly tied in to the add chapter function. It's function is that of a cookie setter. Whether you dislike it or not at this point in time is irrelevant. It stays, until the coder replaces it with something else, as she's planning on doing when rewriting the storyboarding part of the archive.

@AlfonsoLing - Have you attempted to use Google in order to search the stories you have here? I admit, they haven't updated to the new URL yet, but that does show you just how long it's been available via Google:

Reviews: The Nudity of Haruhi Suzumiya

anime.adultfanfiction.net/review.php?set=read&no=600054250‎
Love is Eternal... Cursed By Day... Cursed By Night... T H E I M M O R T A L S. M/M Supernatural Thriller. The Fiction of Alex de Tres UntamedLady.com ...

Adult-FanFiction.org • .: Stories :.

The Nudity of Haruhi Suzumiya SOS Brigade leader Haruhi Suzumiya decides that the girls of the brigade need new uniforms. After considering the options, she ...
  1. The Collar of Haruhi Suzumiya - FanFiction.Net
    www.fanfiction.net › Anime/Manga › Haruhi Suzumiya series
    May 13, 2013 - Helping the C Club President Save Face (The Collar of Haruhi Suzumiya). Author: Alfonso Ling · PM. After being humiliated twice by Haruhi ...
  2. The Collar of Haruhi Suzumiya - Fanfiction.net
    Helping the C Club President Save Face (The Collar of Haruhi Suzumiya). Author: Alfonso Ling · PM. After being humiliated twice by Haruhi Suzumiya and the ...
  3. The Collar of Haruhi Suzumiya - Fanfiction.net
    May 13, 2013 - Helping the C Club President Save Face (The Collar of Haruhi Suzumiya). Author: Alfonso Ling · PM. After being humiliated twice by Haruhi ...
  4. Reviews: The Collar of Haruhi Suzumiya
    anime.adultfanfiction.net/review.php?set=read&no=600054109‎
    Ryvius, 2013-05-30, id # 3000089475. Not bad so far. The story's pretty good, but the sex scenes could use more description, and making them longer wouldn't ...
  5. Adult-FanFiction.org • .: Stories :.

The Collar of Haruhi Suzumiya Kyon convinces Haruhi to help the Computer Club president save face, but in doing so Kyon gets much, much more than he ...

6. Adultfanfiction.net : Members Area : AlfonsoLing
    members.adultfanfiction.net/profile.php?no=1296936171&view...‎
    May 29, 2013 - The Collar of Haruhi Suzumiya Kyon convinces Haruhi to help the Computer Club president save face, but in doing so Kyon gets much, much ...

(edited for formatting)

Edited by RogueMudblood

It is amusing because it's overkill and nobody takes it seriously. And lets not pull out that straw man. Nobody is talking about getting rid of the age requirement, just bringing it in line with what the rest of the world is doing. A less aggravating page will be just as effective at keeping you out of jailhouse orange as the current PITA page is.

A: I joined the AFF community to escape the infantile, obnoxious, and foolish members of other sites. I want the blue page because it is a deterrent. The blue page allows me to sleep better at night knowing that 10 year olds are having to do actual work to access my dark themed tales. Whether it stops them outright, I cannot say with perfect accuracy, but I am relieved to have some modicum of assurance about having done my best to to follow the law personally. Short attention spans are most often an issue seen in underage, and spoiled children. I for one would not desire readers who are so flaky and self absorbed they cannot appreciate my stories. Minors are too young, and immature, to recognize the values of rules and regulations.

Quote:

It's like walking into a liquor store. You see the adult magazines in a rack behind the counter, often wrapped and covered. Fine. You, on the other hand, keep all those magazines stored in a separate shed behind the store. A shed fortified with iron bars that requires two keys and the combination to a lock whose codes change hourly. Plus you have to leave your driver's license and a $50 deposit at the front desk. Okay, maybe that's exaggerating. But considering the short attention span of many Internet surfers, I may not be that far off.

A: As to the overblown comparison you make to an adult magazine at a liquor store, instant gratification is very dull compared to taking the steps to get real gratification you have earned with effort. Also, the exaggeration factor in your comparison is absurd. People who really want to read smut will always make the effort to get what they wish. If you are upset because you are not getting your way and instant gratification, you have the freedom of will to make a decision befitting your personality and agenda. However, I feel compelled to ask as a fellow author, and reader: AlfonsoLing, if you cannot endure the minute and a half it takes to fill in the blanks to set the cookie setter, why did you even join this site?