Click Here!

Cookie reset, slight url change

DemonGoddess

@tehuti88 - In your browser, you can edit your links. Change adultfanfiction.net to adult-fanfiction.org in the bookmarks you have. I ran a query in the database to take care of the address issue within the stories, where there are links so all that should already be changed.

Oh my goodness, wow! :clap: Thank you so much!

ETA, there's supposed to be an enthusiastic clapping emoticon there--and a blushing emoticon here--> :blush:

Edited by DemonGoddess061

Err, what about for threads that have been closed so we can't update forum links, like the weekly/monthly prompts? I just checked and they have the old domain and I can't edit my links to update them.

Okay, so you're selling it? Or retasking it as a funnel into some ad site like AFF.com?

Since you're changing the ugly blue screen anyways, couldn't you simply hide hard-coded values in the HTML and change the text a little? You just gotta feel bad for all those people perjuring themselves persuant to Title 28 every single day. The prisons are over-crowded as it is.

But I guess I'll wait if I have to. ;)

We're not turning in to a funnel in to an ad site.

No, I don't have to feel bad about that. They're not supposed to be here anyway, and the page is part of the deterrent.

As to when it'll change, that's up to the coder. Sure, I could tinker with it, but, I also would have to make sure that any changes I make to it are compatible to the old code it's linked to. I've got plenty enough to do as it is, without having to make adjustments to a cookie setter.

@Anesor - I'll have to check that, as the query I ran to update the post data SHOULD have made the changes in those posts too.

Okay, so you're selling it? Or retasking it as a funnel into some ad site like AFF.com?

Since you're changing the ugly blue screen anyways, couldn't you simply hide hard-coded values in the HTML and change the text a little? You just gotta feel bad for all those people perjuring themselves persuant to Title 28 every single day. The prisons are over-crowded as it is.

But I guess I'll wait if I have to. ;)

Actually, anyone we find "perjuring themselves" to be on this site will find themselves removed, and if they return, they will be banned for life. Feel free to look at the moderation report to see how seriously we do take that. In fact, here's a link.

While some people may find it amusing, and think it's funny to subvert that age requirement, there are real life consequences. Those of us associated with the site can be fined, or serve jail time, which would require us to be registered as sex offenders. I don't find that particularly funny. I have a lively sense of humor, but I look lousy in jailhouse orange.

Actually, anyone we find "perjuring themselves" to be on this site will find themselves removed, and if they return, they will be banned for life. Feel free to look at the moderation report to see how seriously we do take that. In fact, here's a link.

While some people may find it amusing, and think it's funny to subvert that age requirement, there are real life consequences. Those of us associated with the site can be fined, or serve jail time, which would require us to be registered as sex offenders. I don't find that particularly funny. I have a lively sense of humor, but I look lousy in jailhouse orange.

A: Nobody should have to be in jailhouse orange that adminsd for AFForg simply because some dimwits have become gung-ho about thier flagrant disregard for the rules thanks to FFnet's oh so infamously lazy moderators. You, DG, and all the rest of the Admin crew work way too hard to provide us with a nice place to share our love of writing. I for one am grateful to you guys for giving me a safe haven for my controversial stories.

Far as I'm conscerned, I'm all for the age verifycation blue page remaining annoying. Children are often imatient, so it is a great deterent I am pleased to deal with as necessary. If it helps to keeps bratty children from causing me added grief, and protects everyone from unreasonable sex offender charges, it is the best thing about AFF.org in my books.

Edited by Kurahieiritr

I just thought the moderators would want a heads up that the link isn't working to access the new AFF but you might already know. I tried every which way and my cookies are clean, etc.

DG,

FYI, when you do a search for AFF through either Yahoo or even Google it won't come up. I just tried. Oh, and it's still showing the old URL not the new under each one of them too just in case you needed to know.

Thanks for all your hard work, it's appreciated!

Oh, this is a copy of the message that comes on when I try clicking the links. Sorry, We could not find www.adult-fanfiction.orghtml-index.php

It may be unavailable or may not exist. Try using the suggestions or related links below, or search again using our web search.

Oh, and it also happens when I try clicking the link at the top, right here in the forum too. The reason I was able to get this far was from the email you sent out.

You shouldn't be getting that error at all. Did you close your browser and retry, and add the "/" that's missing in that address?

The search engines take a little bit of time to reflect the redirect. Everything is all done with them, now they have to update what I did.

I just copied the link at the top and pasted it in my browser address bar and it came up!!!!But, what's up with trying to search for the site and the old name still comes up? Oh, I hope every member even those not registered with the forum got an email because they might not be able to get back in to it. Oh, and I tried pasting the address in the search under yahoo and google but old url is still showing not the new, just an FYI.

DG, I am sorry but take that back about it working. I got as far as the birthday verification page and then the same error message came up about it not existing to recheck it.

I used to access AFF via Yahoo or Google by typing (old URL) adultfanfiction.net and the links would come up to access it. Since you've made the changes I first tried it using just adultfanfiction as a search and when that didn't work I tried using the new name Adult-fanfiction.org and it still didn't come up then I tried getting in by clicking the link at the top left of this forum page and it brought me to the birthday verification page (that's as far as I got before an error message came up again) and I also tried pasting it in my browser but the same problem. I cleaned out my cookies and rebooted my computer too.

In order to access this site I have always gone to Yahoo or Google and typed adultfanfiction.net and the links would come up to access the site. I tried again today and got the error message I gave you previously so I tried typing the new URL in my browser and still couldn't access the site. I tried clicking the link you have at the top left of the forum page, Adult-fanfiction.org, and still can't access it that way. The only way I was even able to access it is by that last link I gave you, http://www.adult-fan...dex.php?news=16 so I hope this helps.

Please try going to Yahoo or Google then typing Adult-fanfiction.org in the search engine and see what happens! That's the only other way I can explain it to you. The old URL will be displayed and when you click them error messages show. I don't know how else to explain it.

If you will do that, then maybe you can see what I am talking about, I hope.