Click Here!

Resumption?

Melrick

It's looking like the monthly prompts will be resurrected starting from next month. If so then it'll follow the same format as before. Also, as before, I'm always welcome to hear ideas that people have, regarding word prompts, sites I could use to help with prompt research, or even different prompt formats. If anyone does have ideas regarding this then feel free to pop me a PM.

A definite decision regarding the resumption of the monthly word prompt will be made closer to the expected starting date.

Prompt-wise, I have a friend I could ask to help, if you'd like. Just tell her the kind of prompts you're looking for, if there's a theme you want to use, and she's usually quick to think of some, or look them up. She also occasionally throws in quotes.

Personally, when I try to find prompts or inspiration for myself, I look up quotes on random topics. Or you could ask around and see if anyone has found good lines in a story they're reading. Just have people include a theme that has to do with the quote, perhaps? I seem to stumble across a number that are both dark and amusing.... Forgive me, please, if I misquote them; I'm typing off the top of my head.

They say that the prospect of being hanged in morning concentrates a man's mind wonderfully. Unfortunately, what the mind inevitably concentrates on is that, in the morning, it will be in a body that is going to be hanged. --from Terry Pratchett's Going Postal.

"Defenestrated. It means getting thrown out of a window--a high one, usually. It doesn't really accomplish much to throw somebody out of a ground floor window." --from David Eddings' Tamuli series, though I can't recall just which book, at the moment.

"I will kill him flatter than dead." --from one of Anne Bishop's Dark Jewels series.

There are more, of course, or you could browse the quotes that we have posted on a different thread here, if you decide to include quotes in the prompts.

And no, of course I'm not excited to see a resurrection of the monthly challenge.... I have so much time for the weekly ones right now, y'know.... ;) Seriously, though, it will be nice to have a longer deadline for posting something.

At the moment I don't really need any new prompts, but if this actually succeeds then I'll presumably need more at some point in the future. Or I might want to change the format to provide different types of prompts, perhaps like quotes. But at the moment I'm not going in that direction. I like the idea though, so it's something I'll keep in mind for the future. :)

And it'll be good to have you joining in, if it does go ahead. :)

You know I'm eager to play again! PM me with what you might need from me. :D

Sex or cash, either one will satisfy me. ^_^

Melrick, if changing the format is better for ya, go ahead and do that. However you want to structure this, you know it's fine with me. :)

Okie dokie. I think for now I'll stick with the old format of prompts and go from there.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.