Click Here!

Review responses for "Sweet Dreams" (Phineas and Ferb)

GeorgeGlass

Jomahawk2694

Now I understand how your other fans feel. You manage to build such an amazing story, but also go the extra mile and honestly make it feel like I'm actually watching the show. Its obvious you know the material well, & I can't wait for the next chapter.

JMAHWK
Thanks very much! Being true to the characters is what I'm all about. Well, it's what I'm mostly about; I'm also somewhat about making them have sex. :)
Glad you like it so far. I hope the coming chapters will satisfy.

SWK

Interesting, as always. Especially the way you crossed the dreams, I wonder why are they the only ones that are going to be connected to the dreams, and if you are going to explain that, or that will be put aside just for the sake of the story, I don't mind either way. I do wonder if you will make this longer, and more action oriented than erotic. I don't mind the erotism, I like it, but this is a nice set up for a good action story.

Other people are indeed connected in their dreams, but the story focuses on these four pretty much exclusively.

This is not really going to be an action story (although I've got an action/adventure-heavy story in the works, so keep an eye out for "Danville, We Have a Problem"!), but I'm planning for this one to have more emotional depth than its predecessors.

Thanks for the comment!

• 2 weeks later...
SWK:
Entertaining, as always. So I wonder what will be the pace of this story. So far Ferb and Vanessa are quicker to approach the adult front, but as you have described, they are in fact, probably more grown up that Phineas and Isabella. I wonder if this will have more plot than smut? I would love the smut, really, but a great story with plot it's what I like.
This seems like a really intimate place to explore themselves, physically and mentally. So let just see how you do. Especially as this so far it's different than your others stories.
Definitely going to try to take maximum advantage of the dream-environment--for the purposes of both plot AND smut. :)

Jomahawk2694:

This is quickly shaping up to be just like your other stories, true to the show yet sexy as hell. I cant wait for the next chapter.

JMAHWK

Thanks!

I've been a little distracted lately by a <gasp> original story that I've been inspired to write, but I will be back on the "Sweet Dreams" case soon!

• 3 weeks later...
SWK:
Exciting as always. I loved how innocent Phineas and Isabella are being, they are just finding this side of them, and are not completely comfortable with it, but they are not entirely against either. Then we have the contrast with the scene of Ferb and Vanessa, who are older in their minds and really know what is going on. It's a nice contrast of them, but then I wonder did this happen before Vanessa ended up with the son of Monogram? I was disappointed when they paired them up in the show and continued to keep them paired up, yes that could change in the future, especially as Vanessa showed that she isn't entirely good either, so sooner or later they will clash in that regard. IF the creators don't decide to ignore that, of course.
I get the impression that Vanessa and Monty aren't yet all that serious. Also, I sort of have it in my head that Vanessa kind of has a thing for Ferb but won't act on it (in waking life, at least) because of their age difference.
Will you separate them later? Not to couple with the other, but to at least show that not everything will be easy there? And of course, they even finding that even when they are in highly erotic dreams, they do not find the partner desirable, and only long for their lost part. That wouldn't meant that they couldn't share good moments and grow closer in the process. Vanessa finding that she like's Phineas as a friend, even if his optimism can be quite annoying if contagious at times. And Ferb that Isabella could be quite understanding of him, even if they don't share the same chemistry or physical attraction. That would make the encounter a lot more profound and probably steamer, at least for Vanessa at seeing that the brothers doesn't mind being in front of the other while doing something so private.
Vanessa and Ferb will definitely have to confront the barriers to their having a real-world relationship.

Another point that caught my attention is their shape shifting ability. That opens another road, as we could see them trying different things and experimenting while still being faithful to the other, as they are still doing it with them, just in another shape. So we could suddenly see all the alternates version of them making an appearance. Chinese Phineas and Isabella, Indiana Phineas and Isabella and so on. That even open up the possibility of them exploring things as magical beast, after all Isabella do seems to have an active mind and the posibility of her dreaming something quite nasty is there. The same with Ferb...
Oh, yeah, there's all kinds of ways this can--and will--go. :)
IT would be even funny for Vanessa to dream herself as an evil scientific like her dad, and Ferb coming there to ruin her plans, and herself from other men. And once that ends, she grunts and tell Ferb something like: "Perfect, Now I have this thing on my head and I wouldn't see my father schemes and fights and Perry tha Platypus in the same light ever." You could even explore the posibility of her being goth because the separation of her parents, and how she wished that they could be together even if that wasn't possible any more, just being a silly dream.
I'm afraid you're expecting a lot more in the way of plot than I'm planning. We're pretty much about to dive right into the "adults-only" portion of this story.
Not knowing that Heinz and Charlene are having a steamy dream while discovering something about the other in the process? Charlene that Heinz can be quite forceful when he wants, but caring at the same time, while Heinz finding that she isn't entirely all that good either. Yeah. Probably not happening as you said that you will not focus others on the story.
Plus, I REALLY don't want to imagine Heinz getting it on with...anybody.
Where will you publish that action story? Here? if that is going to happen, I will be reading. Sorry for the ramblings.
I will definitely publish that story (working title: "Danville, We Have a Problem") here. Outer-space disaster awaits!
Edited by GeorgeGlass

Jomahawk2694:
And you have finally done it. You sir, have finally made the pairing that I had all but given up hope on. Let me tell you, until now, I honestly never thought I would find a good Ferb x Vanessa. But now I honestly cant wait, cuz I know you are going to make it perfect. Please update soon!
JMAHWK
Thank you! Someone asked me a while back whether I might write a fic that involved Vanessa, and I realized that I had somehow neglected to feature the hottest character in P&F in any of my stories. So this story is partly an attempt to make up for that deficit. The weird part is, I think I'm enjoying writing the Ferb/Vanessa bits more than the Phineas/Isabella bits, because there is so much more to explore.

Ron:

I loved it all and can't wait to see what happens next

Thanks, Ron! I hope you'll like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Jomahawk2694

Wow. That was Awesome! BUT FAR TOO SHORT!

Plus, major disappointment on making us wait till next time for Ferb and Vanessa.

But, I can wait. Just please don't make us wait for too long

Thanks! I didn't want to have to pull a coitus interruptus on Phineas and Isabella to cut to Ferb and Vanessa, and I didn't want to write a chapter that was twice as long as the others, so I decided to let the couples have their own chapters just this once.

• 2 weeks later...

Jomahawk2694

And it has been done. A Ferb x Vanessa that didnt totally bomb and suck. In fact, this was the exact opposite of bombing and sucking. This was soaring and perfection. I cant wait for what you do next

Thank you. Not sucking is what I strive for. :)

Seriously, I'm glad if you think I did justice to Ferb and Vanessa. Ferb is so below-the-surface and Vanessa is so hot and dark that they ended up being really fun to write--a big change of pace from Phineas and Isabella.

Jomahawk2694

Wow. Just wow. Not only did you end this perfectly, now I really want to see everyone elses dreams as well! I honestly cant wait till your next story, Mr. Glass. I know it will be amazing.

Thank you! As for everyone else's dreams, well, a story about dreams has to leave a LITTLE mystery...

I will confess that this story was harder by far to write than any of my P&F to date. I've always believed that rules and limits enhance a writer's creativity, but this story taught me that the opposite is also true--having NO rules or limits can be crippling. I had massive "option paralysis" trying to figure out what would happen in each chapter, because potentially, ANYTHING could happen in the dream world. It's like having an all-powerful genie give you ONE wish, and then spending weeks agonizing over what to wish for. So while I loved having all that freedom, I also found it to be weirdly stifling.

Next up: Romance and disaster in space in "Danville, We Have a Problem"!

• 4 weeks later...

SWK 2013-11-11 id # 3000068822

It took me a while to read this, but I finally had some real time to do so. I liked it, a lot. But I have a minor suggestion.

Phineas and Isabella where, sadly, repetitive. Only minors details changed their sex scene from that of your others stories. It felt like I was reading again your past works. I know that you are trying to put an emphasis to the differences between Phineas and Isabella relationship and how they deal with it, and Ferb and Vanessa relationship and how they deal with it.

But that's what you have actually done so in your others stories, you always put Phineas and Isabella in the same car, slow love making with lots of exploring and reassuring. It's kinda repetitive, and to tell you the truth, boring. It doesn't take away the fact that it's a good reading, but sadly, when they finally took another approach to their love making, you cut the scene.

That's a valid criticism, and it jibes with an observation made by a reviewer on Hentai Foundry (where this story is also posted): that all of the stories I've written to date are about the characters getting together and having sex for the first time. He suggested that I try writing a sequel to one of my stories to explore how their relationships develop after that. I thought that was a great idea, so I'm doing in that the upcoming "Danville, We Have a Problem" (which is a sequel to "Truth or Dare 2.0").

But, there is some difference with Ferb, he and Vanessa seems more real, and in fact a little more fulfilling. It doesn't have that similitude with Ferb others scenes in your stories. It doesn't feel like we are reading the same scene with Gretchen with just a few witty words and new positions, it felts new and different. That's what's save this story.

What really makes it work is Vanessa. She's a much edgier character than most of the others, so including her in the story gave me a lot to work with.

The ending was good too, and the implications where quite good. It leaves space for a sequel, after all it's obvious that some of the characters might have crushes on the same people. But then, I don't think you would explore further this one. So thanks.

I don't have plans for a sequel to this one, mainly because I found this story very difficult to write (for an explanation, see my response to Jomahawk2694, above). But I'm glad you liked it overall.

• 9 months later...

Justin C. 2014-08-26 id # 3000069597

That was a great story. Very rarely do I ever find a story like this that is quite erotic, while still being very tastefully done, and that has many thought-provoking themes. For that, Sir, I thank you.

Thank you! This was by far the most challenging Phineas and Ferb fic I've ever written, so I'm glad that you find so much to like about it.

I'm planning to revisit the dream theme again in a future story, albeit in a very different way.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.