Click Here!

Disclaimer again? Really?

Guest KittyNakajima

Guest KittyNakajima

Alright. I'm going to make this short. I just came home to see that I got a review on one of my posted stories. Turns out it was an AFF moderator telling me that my disclaimer needed to be changed. Again.

For a story that I wrote and posted about four years prior.

Yeah. That totally makes sense.

Anyway, the story in question, "Last Chance" was accidentally updated as I was trying to update the latest chapter to the intended story, "Secret Affair". While I deleted the chapter, the editing bumped up the former to the latest in the Sonic fandom category.

I've changed it, but my main gripe with it is this: When I originally posted it back in 2009, I recieved the same disclaimer correction message. I changed it with a bit of sarcasm added in, and it later got hidden from view. I rectified the situation by directly contacting an AFF.net moderator/admin about the issue, who helped me word it well enough that it met the standards.

I have not, I repeat - HAVE NOT changed a single word, line or thing since posting outside of the accidental second chapter update from last week. Why is this suddenly a issue now after all this time? Especially when I contacted someone to make sure it was alright?

Again, I've changed it by doing a simple cut and paste from another story (as all my posted works pertain to the Sonic fandom) so I hope this is alright. But if not, what the heck do I have to say that it and my other works will not be hidden/deleted from view?

And just so I'm clear, this is what I've changed it to so far: "Sonic is the property of SEGA/Sonic Team, and I do not profit from writing this story."

It is my understanding that the series as well as the fact that I'm not making any monetary gain both need to be clearly stated in the disclaimer, and I've done both.

Guest KittyNakajima

I'll tell ya, looking at your profile, NONE of the stories are new additions. You should not have been given a disclaimer warn, as they're ALL correct.

Please disregard that warning, as it was quite obviously a mistake. I'm sorry about that.

Phew. Thank goodness. It kinda sucks when you get a review notification then see it's really a disclaimer warning.

That's like crash and burn. :c

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.