Click Here!

Changing the Content Codes after Upload

Ely-Baby

• 5 weeks later...

I'm so sorry! I've only just seen this! I think I need to change my settings to receive emails when there are replies to my posts. I didn't even notice it was off..

Thank you so very much for the link, but that doesn't answer to my question - or if it does it means that you can't, but that's just silly, right? Especially if you have a multi-chaptered story and want to put the content code that says "COMPLETE" after you've finished it. You just can't! Am I right or am I just missing something? By the way, with "content codes" I mean the warnings, eg: AFFO, Abuse, 3Plus...

Thank you again for your reply, though!

Content codes are warnings, yes, and you can change them. They become part of the summary field, so when you go to edit the story, you can select the edit details option, and then edit to summary field to include the new tag.

One caveat, though: that field has a character limit of 240 characters, so if the additional tag would go over that, it won't register. In that case, since most authors don't want to cut down on the summary itself, you can place any new content codes/tags at the top of the very first chapter. We don't count that as an author's note for the purpose of that word limit, either.

I hope this helps! :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.