Click Here!

Daylight- Review replies 'n Discussion thread

MorningSnow

Trelweny- oh my gosh! I didn't even realize that I put that version in! I wrote two versions of his 'speech' and I guess when I was deciding which one to put, I mixed up some of the words! Ah! Thanks so much for pointing it out, I edited it to say instead, " “Don’t deny that you’ve been imagining the things I could do to you. The things I will do to you,” He pressed himself against her and pushed her into the nearest hard surface. It happened to be the wall in his bedroom where they had arrived, and she could feel him hardening against her, “Are more than you could possibly imagine.” "

I meant to put that version. Again, thank you so much for pointing it out! Thanks for your review, also!

Eris- The Hermione thing, I didn't explain fully. I just wanted for everyone to know that it's complicated and mostly that she's afraid of falling for our favorite former death eater and that she didn't want to start bleeding in the middle of sexytimes. Have you ever had that happen? 'Tis gross, lol. When it's a few days before my cycle, I get overly sensitive down there, and I can tell you that it is not as pleasant to do a scene during that time. Nor vanilla, for that matter. You gotta write what you know, right? I know how my body has a period, but not anyone elses, so I can only use my own experiences as a benchmark. Modal logic won't help in this case! hahaha, shit I sounded like such a philosopher just then, better stop that lmao.

As for the who attacked Draco question you posed, well, he was a stranger to Draco. That's all I'm sayin. Spoilers! lmao

No more busy-ness until school starts next week! I should be able to do several chapters in the mean time! Yeah!

Aranel- Totally alright, lol. Now I understand haha. Good lord your reviews are funny. Tingling my jimmies, I love that phrase lmao!

Ok, serious answers. Uh... The period thing bugs me too! I always hate that! Like if that happened in real life there would be a lot more panicking and buying pregnancy tests! And they wake up every morning with no care to how bad their breath probably is nor do they have to pee? Bullshit! I've had morning sex where stopping in the middle to take care of business is a normal thing! It should be normal in stories too! I just want some form of realism in this fantasy world, you know? Like an anchor to reality. This could really happen... except for the magic and history that goes along with it... but what ever! it could! lmao sorry, I'm being ridiculous.

The boy I was babysitting is so curious he probably would sit in front of me and ask questions about the birthing process. He's a sweetie, don't get me wrong, but fuck is he ever clingy. That independence thing hasn't hit yet. Just was stressful, because I'm usually alone all day while everyone is at work and to have someone right next to me all day for 5 consecutive days and on the weekend everyone was off too, jeez. I needed some peace. OK, gotta get to writing. Thanks for your review!

erdufylla- Sometimes I do get that impression. It comes when you have plenty of hits, but only like 4 reviews for each chapter. Like, sure, people are reading, but I obviously haven't given them inspiration to tell me how they like it. From a writer's perspective, it doesn't bode well for confidence. Sure, I get great reviews and tons of encouragement from those who are writing them, but that's 5 people out of 900 reading. The ratio is disturbing.

I really wish there was an easy way to subscribe to a story too. I am not sure why they have no option to do that. I reallllllllly wish they would do that.

But thanks for your reviews! Blood on the Ground is completed, I'm focusing on Daylight, which is a lot more fun I think, there's a lot more humor in Daylight than Blood on the Ground. Thanks!!

Victoria- Well thanks! I'm glad to have surprised you! Primrose's backstory is very much a parallel to Hermione's, but like the darker side of it. If Hermione had not had such loving parents, I often wonder what type of person she would be. Where would her life have taken her? I'm exploring that though in this story through some of Primrose. Only some! She's not a direct parallel, as you can see, but it's close enough for it to be fun to explore for me! Thanks for your review!

Eris- You're so freaking sweet. I love it. Paramour, let me tell you what I think about your review, lol

Luis will soon be unhinged, just so you are excited for it. I'll not tell you when, but some shit is gonna go down. His reaction to Draco is the first part of that plot line. BUT! Will he be mad at Draco? Rose? Anthony? Benny? The Thunderbird? No clues from me yet! Muahahaha!

Yes, I'm going to tell Victoria (the very next review reply) a bit about the Thunderbird, so you might want to read hers too, if you want to know more about him before the next chapter. Yay! Thanks for your review!

Victoria- Woo! Thunderbirds have always been a favorite mythological creature of mine. Well from this side of the pond, anyway. It's just so cool that they can put their feathers aside and go to human form with little to no fanfare during their transformation. So the mythology goes that Thunderbirds can split their feathers and raise their head to become human. They're often depicted as having a human face on the underside of their neck and in their human form, they are wearing a thunderbird headdress. It's pretty cool. And many Native American tribes trace their lineage to a Thunderbird (I've only ever found male ancestors so a great grandfather or even further back). The thunderbird is sorta like a demi-god, but the way that their legends go, it's difficult to discern which are gods and which are not.

Oral traditions have the drawback of being more fluid than their written counterparts. Once it's written down, the legend has less room to wiggle. The Greeks made up stories based on the written accounts of oral poetry (Iliad/Odyssey being only one of many examples) So their culture allowed them to (somewhat) re-write their own 'history' for plays or poems/songs. Like fanfiction, really, now that I'm thinking about it.

But anyway, I digress. The metamorphosis between bird and man is similar to the Greek version of what their gods often did. My point is, whether the Thunderbird is a god or not is uncertain. He can control the weather, but in his bird form exclusively. I added the thunderclap abilities in his human form, just to have a dramatic way to have our strong-minded Hermione fall into his arms- literally in this case. Plus the unblinking stare, which is always fun to add when it comes to mythological creatures, broken with a thunderclap. I dunno, I liked the poetic nature of it. It fits well into the Thunderbird's mythology, I think.

So anyway, way more than I really needed to put into this reply, but I get so excited to compare/contrast the Greeks vs. everyone, and I've never had the opportunity to do so with the Native Americans. They are quite similar when you... sorry ok, I'll stop lol. Thanks for your review!

Aranel- You are just too funny. The Mothman freaks me out to this day also!

The Thunderbird should hopefully keep his hands to himself. Primrose is so fun to mess with, she's my favorite of all the OC's I've come up with in this story. Luis is a lot of fun too, don't get me wrong, but Primrose is so like the dark side of where Hermione's life may have gone. They reflect off of each other, and it's just so fun to play off that idea.

But anyway, apparently there are still sightings of Thunderbirds all over the states! The fun thing is, there really were sightings in 2009 in San Antonio. Super cool, especially since there were massive floods across the region around the same time! Now whether someone said they saw one because there was so much rain or there was so much rain because there is always the chance that they are real is the question. I love those questions!

I live in Texas, there's plenty of room for Thunderbirds to hide out where there is miles of uninhabited land. I mean MILES where a human hasn't been in years. It's awesome how much stuff could exist without our knowledge. Anyway, I gave Victoria (the reply just above this one) a bit of relevant information about Thunderbirds, since she showed an interest. I know you just did a bunch of research, but it might have some information about them you may be interested in. Or a summary of what you've found. lol, I dunno. But, the Thunderbird will be giving some information about himself in a few chapters.

Yep. Thanks for your review! I'm glad to have sparked an interest! Curiosity is never something to hate! Embrace it! The world is full of wonders, why would you ever want to miss out on any of them?!?! I believe in you Nessie!!!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.