Click Here!

need betas (temp or perm) for a Captain America/OC fic

ChrisCross

I need a quick beta read, and just a one-off is fine, but I'm open to a longer term beta.

1. Give a brief description of what you're looking for from your prospective beta.

I would like a beta who can review dialog, pacing, de-Sueification, and the ratio of angst to lightness. My main weakness in dialog is when I have two female characters talking. Most of my friends are male, so two men or a man and a woman aren't so hard, but I never do 'girl talk' in RL, so writing it is nerve wracking. Good knowledge of the Marvel 'Verse is a plus, but not needed.

2. Say what fandom this is for, or if it's an original story.

This is in the Marvel 'verse, mostly Captain America, the Avengers, and a few cameos by other marvel characters. Most of it is drawn from film cannon, with a few exceptions where I use comic or tv series cannon because it works better.

3. Let the prospective beta readers know what type of story this will be (in general).

The best way to sum up the story is to say that it is mostly a romance story between a de-powered Steve and an OC. The OC has had a tendency towards Sue-dom, so I'm building a back story to give her faults and quirks, but it's an uphill battle. The backstory has some abuse, violence, and non-con regarding supporting characters, but it will not be explicitly shown in the main body, just referenced to explain the OC's weirder quirks. At a future point, some violence/distress may enter the story, but by no means is it the main focus.

4. State whether you'd like to read examples of the prospective beta reader's works before you agree on anything. This is a good idea, since if a person is going to be critiquing your work, wouldn't you like to know whether they really do know what they're talking about?

If you want to give me samples of your work, great! However many people are great critics who don't write themselves, so don't let a lack of samples drive you off.

The story in question is here:

http://xmen.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600091111

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.