Click Here!

Forging the Machine - notes and responses

RogueMudblood

Forging the Machine

Notes:

First, thank you for taking the time to read this. I truly appreciate it.

Now, you'll notice as the story unfolds that I've taken some liberties. In the movie, Baker Team was only composed of eight men. A traditional Special Forces unit is comprised of a minimum of twelve men, so you will find some discrepancy between some of my tale and the world depicted in First Blood.

Having said that, I've only seen the first of the four films. If some events in my story don't mesh with events laid out in later films, do bear that in mind. I will try to be true to the timeline of events, but I cannot guarantee that I will not at some point make an error in regards to story continuity versus canon continuity. Story continuity will win in these scenarios.

Without giving too much away, I am intending to explore some darker themes, yes, because this is based on a story about war. There's no polite way to address that, and I will not make apologies for something being 'dark'. I do not, at any point, intend to be grotesque in my handling of this. I do, however, want to caution to expect a great deal of violence and death.

There will be no graphic rape in this story.

I cannot be clearer on that point. If a rape is addressed at any point, it will be somewhat peripherally. It will also not be perpetrated upon or by the main characters. I feel it necessary to make mention of that here because it is a rather common theme when considering the manner in which soldiers took advantage of their positions.

Baker Team was a Special Forces unit, however, and I (for one) hold them to a higher standard. I will not address partiality using that as a vice.

In regards to their status as Special Forces, while I am no expert, I have attempted to research this military group. As such, I have done my utmost to keep the interactions and series of events within the realm of believability.

Lastly (if you made it this far), I hope that the story intrigues you and that you enjoy the tale I've attempted to weave. I'm more than happy to receive constructive criticism on the piece (here or on the review board) as I do want to improve in my writing.

Thank you for taking the time to peruse this, and happy reading!

Edited by RogueMudblood

pittwitch - You are more than welcome, lovely lady. :D

Thank you for the kind words. I really do hope that this lives up to your expectations, and I'm glad that you enjoyed this chapter. I hope that I can keep you interested as it goes along. :)

And yus, Rambo will get laid. :lol:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.