Click Here!

What Do You Think Of The Endless Camping Trip?

Solaris

The Endless Camping trip.  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Was it interesting to you or not?

• Yawn, it was so boring. I flipped through it.
    • I loved the Endless Camping trip! I read it over and over again before continuing on.
    • It was very interesting to me. But it could have been done better and in shorter chapters.

I didn't like it at all, it was too long and boring at times to where I actually flipped pages to find something interesting in the endless camping trip.

I didn't like it as it was so tedious and too long for my tastes.

Beth

It did kind of drag on and on didn't it. The whole book sucked period. After book 3 she got into the habbit of adding lots of unneccesary filler.

More like not closing any of the plot holes till I think Book 6 and that could have easily have been the last book. The seventh really didn't need to be written at all especially if she had allowed someone's child who is a HP fan and swore them to secrecy about the book itself and let them tell her what they thought of it instead of just sending it off like it is.

That Endless Camping trip was like the endless writer's block trying to be broken, but what it did was caused nothing to really be happening.

I'm sure if someone's HP loving kid had read it before it was published and JK told him or her to give her an honest opinion without fear of hurting her feelings over it, told her that the camping trip was too long, she probably would have shortened it up and talked about the other things that just seemed to be bland, she would have yanked it back and started to rework the story itself to where people would say this is a great end to this great series instead of what a fucking let down for a good series and she would have made sure that characters that she claimed is gay after the fact is revealed in the book but that is not book canon so Dumbledore can remain straight if the fanfiction writers want to keep him straight.

Even I would have done that allowed someone to read over my last book and tell me what they thought and I would have told them be harsh with me this is my last book on this series I want it to be memorable for everyone who reads the last book.

But what she got was a book that most people want to forget ever was published! Including some of her long time fans wasted no time in getting rid of that book.

Beth

• 2 months later...

It's just my opinion but if this had been JK's first book I don't think it would have been picked up. The whole camping trip was boring as a whole. I mean it just seemed like she stopped trying. I've heard rumors that after book four, I think it was, that she had a ghost writer.

But anyway Book 7 as a whole stunk in my opinion. Not to mention TOO MANY light wizards were killed off. Book 7 and it's epilogue didn't meet my expectations.

• 1 year later...
It's just my opinion but if this had been JK's first book I don't think it would have been picked up.

Not only your opinion, I absolutely second to that.

The camping trip just went on and on and on and on and... I guess you got the draft. And it was not only this part; in my not so humble opinion Deathly Hallows sucked donkey dicks all the way and I pity those donkeys. Very sadly the whole series started to go straight (Het? Eww.) down to the Eternal Void after Lord Voldemort came back because Jo put all those stupid Evil Overlord clichés together when writing him.

Sheesh, I have seen so much better written Voldemort in fanfiction (both in cases of quality and quantity) that words just fail me. Especially as I usually hate it when writers don't keep their chosen characters in-character but OOC Voldemort is so much better, believable and in-depth person than the canon version so very often that... Guess I made my point clear.

Then again, it's one of those flaws that actually got me interested in HP fanfiction, first reading and then writing it. A very interesting world with so many one-sided paperdoll characters who just screamed for more in-depth personality.

• 4 months later...

In the end there's only one bit of the camping trip I found annoying: When Harry & Hermione are out there alone. JKR pretty much seemed to forget about portraying Ron in any kind of positive light after 'Prisoner of Askaban' Him leaving and coming back just seemed to drag things out and be pretty pointless. I'll admit it did provide some some exposition when he returned but that was about it and that wasn't worth making poor Ron to look like a complete prat again.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.