Click Here!

A Match Made In Convenience: Review Replies and Discussion

Eris Night

Hello!

I've just discovered that we can reply to reviews in the forum and discuss the story! Here i'll be posting spoilers for the up and coming chapters. Replying to the reviews I receive (Thank you so much BTW!) and pretty much discussing the work as we go along!

The first things that I would like to say is : Thank you for reading the story:)

You have NO idea how cool it is to see your work get to 1000 hits in the matter of 3 or 4 days!

I find that I'm loving the way this site is set up and will probably continue to publish fan fictions here.

A Match Made In Convenience has the structure for 15 chapters already, and while I'm only on chapter 8, I am thoroughly enjoying the ride.

I wasn't kidding when I said it was a slower paced story haha, I don't think it would be realistic if they suddenly just went at it. But I can say this! By the time we've laid the foreground for the rest of the story. You WILL NOT be dissapointed! (Or well I hope not anyway).

Ok so ground rules:

I value EVERYONE'S opinions, negative and positive. It's the only way I'm going to grow as an author but flaming and spamming will not be replied to or tolerated. It's ok if you don't like the story or how the pace is going. Be honest! But please do it in a way that is respectful to me and everyone else who is sharing their opinion.

So without further ado let's talk about this!

Moodysavage 6/12/13:

Yay! My first review!! You have no idea how much I victory danced when I saw this! Despite the fact that i'll still upload even if I don't receive any, I still absolutely loved your review!

Honestly my motivation was when I read the epilogue and was forced to watch it in DH part 2, all I could think was "Ugh Hermione is wasted on Ron" and so ever since then I've always been pairing her with everyone else lol! So of course HELL YEAH she needs to dump him! And we'll get to that in the later chapters!

Also I do have something special for Harry as well :) Just because it's a Dramione doesn't mean my other characters won't have fun ;}

Also I totally know what you mean about those crisis words haha, I literally cringe normally as well, but i'm telling you. When i'm writing in Draco's POV they just flow with whatever he's thinking and so pardon me haha. It will probably get WAY worse before it gets better if Draco is allowed to have what... (or shall i say who) he wants! He's my Slytherin Sex God!

Anon 6/13/13

You know, you are probably right. The great thing about the Weasley's is that they were a family through and through and humble about their awesomeness. That being said, I've never read a fiction where the Weasley's were anywhere else but the Burrow and while that is canon, I like to take creative liberties with certain aspects. Considering in the movies the Death Eaters blew up the Burrow (not cannon, i know) I went from that and had the ministry build them a new one... But considering it wasn't the home they were used to, and Ron was freshly in his hero glory days, he managed to convince them that they needed something bigger and grander! With help from his sisters as well. I assure you the Weasley manor has the same touches of home we could expect from the Burrow but more!

But thank you!! As I was writing it, I was thinking "I wonder if i can get away with moving the Weasley's" haha!!

Moody Savage 6/14/13

Lol no unfortunately not, imagine if you were Hermione and Draco (A man you still think is up to something, and you haven't seen in years) suddenly attacked you and laid down one of the best sexual assaults ever... Hermione would freak haha. She wouldn't just go with the flow... not in Chapter 4 anyway lol. It's way too early for that. Buttttt we've already began to unravel her reservations and the slow seduction that Draco doesn't even realize he's responsible for is happening!

I know we want hot sex! God I want it too! haha! but i'm trying to pace this so bear with me!

P.S. you may now be my favorite haha! Two reviews! Thank you so much!!

Victoria Cox 6/15/13

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Not gonna lie, I'm trying to tone it down but Weasley bashing fan fictions are usually my favorite haha! I want to be reasonable but at the same time I'm just like nah! Dramione forever!!!

Stay tuned because there's definitely more to come!!

Thank you for the review!!

Moody Savage 6/15/13

I'm glad you like it! Just imagine how delicious it would be to be the complete center of Draco's attention... *sigh* :) I swear I write as though I'm hermione lol

And I completely understand about auto correct. I tend to reply in the forum on my phone and I have to work hard to make sure everything come out correctly :P

HarryGinny4eva 6/16/13

Honestly, I wasn't sure how the time magic plot would be received, so i'm glad to hear that some of you like it. Also thank you! Most people love the whole "Draco and Hermione fall into each others arms ASAP" kinda thing, so its even better to have an audience that can appreciate a change in the status quo.

Also Blaise is possibly my favorite Rowling creation, we don't know a lot about him from the cannon books and so it leaves a world of possibility open as an author! I look forward to more encounters with him as well:)

Lastly, I you would like to keep reviewing in the story and then receive replies and continue discussion is here that's totally fine too haha. Either or is fine with me, whenever someone reviews in the story I get a notification in which I reply to with my phone here. So whatever works for you but above all thank you for reading and reviewing, your feedback means everything!

Trelweny 6/16/13

I completely agree and honestly, just with the way he was characterized in the book, I completely believe in Draco's brilliance. I'm glad you like the time magic theory:)

And you've caught that eh ;) very astute of you haha!

Thank you for reviewing! It's awesome to hear your thoughts on the story.

P.S. no worries with Hermione she's a smart girl

Genr 6/16/13

I'm telling you, I think about it all the time. Harry and Draco are dead sexy, and if i throw my now fully adult but sweet virgin Hermione in the mix, I SWEAR it would be too hot to handle! It makes me want to do a AMMIC spin off one shot that could be called "The missing chapter" or something and they just have a go at it lol!

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you like it:)

Moodysavage 6/18/13

It truly almost happened, that's essentially where I was going with it, but Ron wouldn't be so passionate later or upset when things happen (in which i can't divulge now) if he was still cheating. Plus the whole catching him thing is so overdone in fan fiction lol.

I need Ron to be trying to win her over now so that the blow out later is all the more realistic:)

Stay tuned and be patient for just a little bit longer haha

Victoria Cox 6/18/13

Hahaha, that's exactly how I feel, everytime I'm forced to make her affectionate with Ron, I'm just like Oh its gonna be so much better with Draco. But I understand, I tried to warn you haha, this is a slower story, I'm still building the platform for a romance that will last.

Skim over the Ron parts if you must but hang in there haha:)

Thank you for reading:)

Poor Hermione. Sigh... I like Ron, but she has to realize soon (very soon) that convincing and reminding yourself that you want your boyfriend is not a good sign of success. I know she knows little else, but it's time for her to spread her wings and be happy. I hope Draco makes a move soon to let her know that she's a desirable woman with other options!

As for Blaise, I feel the same way! That's why I had to include him in both of my stories. He's a "known" blank canvas. :-)

Thank you again! HG4eva

Upcoming Chapters Spoilers:

I absolutely love how you guys are seriously over the whole Ron and Hermione relationship thing. I know the feeling whole heartedly because writing scenes with them is exasperating. Good news is there really is only one more scene before Hermione starts coming to her senses, but that whole process is extended over the next few chapters.

I can honestly say that once Chapter 11 ends, we'll finally be able to get to the good stuff

Yes, it's not as soon as mostly everyone would like but I'm a firm believer that a good story writes itself, so I go with what feels right. Hermione would not realistically just drop Ron no matter how bad he was in pursuit of Draco, not until something happens that changes her opinion of him at least.

And don't forget this is a marriage fic, but it has a developed plot that will include much more than the ordinary wham bam romance and then done. We're looking at a 20+ chapter story:)

I'm currently on Chapter 12 and can tell you that if you hang in there it will be over soon haha.

Granted it may not be as soon as you like:) But it's coming.

Thank you so much for reading!

For your honesty and awesomeness I'll be posting Chapter 6 much earlier than planned:)

XiaoZhen 6/19/13

I have but considering this is my first work of fiction, I wanted to launch it in one place and see how it did before I branched out :) Once it's finished I may post it elsewhere. But I completely understand what you mean, even though I'm writing I'm still keeping up with all my reading because I love FF but i have to keep checking for updates... Maybe one day they will fix it.

Thank you for reading and reviewing.

Moodysavage 6/19/13

Honestly at the time I was writing that scene, my FB status was like "I could have Harry kiss Hermione right now and it would be amazing." And so all my friends who are reading basically told me to do it. But I had to refrain for the sake of their precious friendship. I love their relationship. It is the epitome of what I think true friendship should be.

But god... how that moment would have been:)

Trelweny 6/19/13

Arthur Weasley has always been a favorite of mine. You'll see that i'm portraying Molly the same as she usually is as well.Matronly, motherly and taking care of everyone. I aim to take certain liberties with characterization but ultimately make this a believable story.

Ginny Weasley fell in love with the image of Harry potter, the stories, not the man and was not there for him during any of his tragedies like Hermione was. Just like i think Hermione is wasted on Ron, Harry is wasted on Ginny, I mean with her he got the big family that he wanted so I guess I understand why they ended up together but it kills me when people portray Ginny as this awesome support system for the virtual stranger who was damaged by his entire life. But once again these are only my ideas that I reflect in my fictions only. When i read others, I definitely accept whatever anyones views are. That's the beauty of FF

Also, I definitely like your observation of Ronald's character and his relationship with Hermione. Truth is, he abandoned harry during the goblet of fire, he saw fame and attention in the mirror of erised and then leaves them at a pivotal point only to be forgiven? And then once we have the happy epilogue everyone forgets what he can be capable of given the situation...

My Ronald isn't a bad guy but he's also not the right guy for Hermione.

But this is just my own Ronald. He's vane and jealous and temperamental as seen with canon. I've chosen to extend that to his adult life and after beng a war hero I think it's reasonable to assume that he may have gotten carried away with fame considering it's what he's wanted his entire life.

I personally hate fictions where everyone has the NERVE to guilt trip Hermione when she breaks up with him and especially the ones where Harry sides with Ron... I would think Harry and Hermione had the closer relationship. So by the time we're done exploring their relationship we wont hate Ronald but we'll be able to make a clean break from him. Ginny however.... ;} she's another thing entirely!

Also yes, Blaise as Draco's best mate and fellow Slytherin he would Definitely be able to tell the difference in Draco's behavior considering they are bachelors who party together. But since its not brought up and they are just running into Hermione they would have no way of knowing she's a virgin. I mean she's dating Ron and has been away, so cruelty or not. Some guys are capable of sleeping with girls and getting it out of their system and moving on. Blaise's only concern is to help his friend, but I think Draco's response, highlighted by Blaise's musings that basically call bullshit on his reasons for not just doing Hermione are indicative enough to where this story is going lol.

So no worries, this is not the typical heartbroken Hermione Fic. I know I warned for Angst but of a different kind!

I loved your long review and you brought up AMAZING points! Thank you for discussing it! It really helps me decide on how to continue!

Dracosgirl007 6/19/13

I'm working on it as we speak haha! Thank you for reading and especially for taking the time to review! It means alot and keeps me motivated!

HarryGinny4eva 6/22/13

I actually hadn't thought of that! So thankyou! I hope others see it on the list and read it! I'm terrible at summaries but that's why I tried to have an extra exciting opening scene haha! Between the ratings and reviews I'm beyond excited!

Also Yes! I'll be posting a spoiler here in a short while and play with her Draco will! We're almost there!

Stay tuned and thank you for reviewing! I really truly appreciate it!

Siona the Green 6/24/13

Can I first just say thank you for reviewing the chapters as you read them. I absolutely do not mind if you have something to say at the end of each chapter, hat is totally amazing and really helps me grow as an author. Getting any kind of feedback, or even just hearing that you like it is amazing and literally makes me want to do nothing but spend my days writing!

Also thank you for noticing the character development for my characters! I really write longer stories because I don't like to rush their reactions and I like to allow them time to actually develop feelings and such. Plus Draco is a good man! He always has been, we just never get to see it, so more than any other character he is my favorite to create.

Seriously, thankyou for reviewing chapter by chapter. That is amazing and genuine and awesome, I really appreciate the time you took to write to me!

Stay tuned and keep letting me know what you think!! We're are gonna get to the good stuff soon ;}

Chapter Nine Spoiler Alert!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls... Can I just say, we have been waiting for something to spark between our amazing protagonists for 8 long chapters, but we have finally made it! I really want to just say thank you to everyone who has read this story.

So as a special thank you for the Hits, Ratings and Reviews: Here is a special spoiler from our Chapter 9 entitled "Red Handed":

He couldn’t get enough of the feel of her, the taste of her. Granger had opened her mouth completely to him and was allowing him all of her. Draco ground his dick into the area of her navel wishing beyond everything he knew an undressing spell. It was quickly all getting out of control but if she kept mewling into his mouth and pressing herself even closer to his engorged length he was going to let it. All he had to do was unlock the door he caught himself thinking. If he could reach his wand, he would unlock the door and finally have her, all of her. Draco felt himself practically shaking with the desire to bed her. Granger was like no other woman in the world. Her reactions genuine and sweet, he was bursting to cum just thinking about it. He wanted to have her one the bed the first time, and then against every other surface imaginable. But she definitely deserved the bed right here and right now and Draco had every intention of giving her everything. He lowered his hand from the door and went for his pocket.

Moodysavage 6/24/13

Oh no worries there! I got you covered!! :)

Luminari Luminum 6/24/13

I was thinking more along the lines of Ginny's responce to Harry's "Contract" with Malfoy and the fact that Hermione lives with them. The chapter titles kind of create themselves and I roll with it haha:) But i'll try and do better in the future!!

Thankyou for reviewing!!!

Guest 6/24/13

Thank you for reading! I really am glad you like it! It means everything! And don't worry they will

Serpantstongue 6/25/13

All I'm gonna say is *spoilers* that's the plan haha!! :) But yes I agree, Harry and Ginny are not my personal preference and don't worry! it's all coming sooner than later!

Thank you for reviewing and reading!!!

Victoria 6/25/13

You're review literally made me laugh out loud! I am spending tonight writing so I can update this just for you:) I like to be at least 4 chapters ahead of this story fully beta'd so once i finishe Chapter 12, I'll be updating! :)

Thank you for reading and reviewing! It totally made my night!

Atlantean Diva 6/25/13

I can see your point, but I think you're missing the fact that women tend to do that all the time. They create excuses for themselves because staying is easier than leaving. For this story it's all about the characterization, Hermione is a strong beautiful woman, but Ronald has been her everything for the past 6 years or so. Furthermore she is a virgin who doesn't have a lot of male attention and is prone to being more emotionally attached than a woman who has been in a few relationships. It may be frustrating for some readers but authors like to explore different avenues with their stories and I think its best to see a character grow as a story progresses rather than stay static the entire time. We've already seen some growth in our characters. This will be a 20 plus chapter fic and we are on chapter 8. Hermione isn't gonna turn into a super woman in the space of a few hundred words, she needs someone (like Draco) to show her her true worth and make her feel as sexy and awesome as she really is.

Also not all fictions Weasley Bash, this one just does haha. Ronald is not always a monster, in fact more people like him than dislike him i'm finding. I knew that i wouldn't be able to cater to everyones tastes with this one but I HATED Ronalds behavior in the cannon books and I dont think he would have suddenly matured when he's spent his entire life wanting to be a hero and in the spot light.

So even though he did "grow up" in book seven, that doesn't mean he was forever cured of his anger, insecurities and jealousy issues... which are all thinks exemplified by his actions here.

Plus, it's a fan fiction lol! The beauty of the craft is that we get to see authors take their own spin on things, we are not writing to the cannon. We are taking Rowlings world and expanding on it in whatever way we see fit.

I know its easier to write a story that is cannon based, but i definitely like to go against the grain.

Also think in real life, if there is someone you like, if you see them once and think they are handsome or beautiful and then that's it? you're not allowed to ever have that same thought again? Lol, no, people obsess and infatuation only gets deeper and deeper until the person you like becomes your focal point! I will try to do my best in the future haha, but that was my thoughts behind Hermione and Draco's repetitive attraction for eachother!

Considering I'm nowhere near the finish though, I will try to redeem Ron, and work on his happy ever after with someone haha.

Thank you for your review, I love thinking critically about my work and explaining where I was going with a thought. It's really good for the character development.

:)

Atlanteandiva 6/25/13

You are absolutely entitled to feel however you want haha, I fully understood that I couldn't and further more don't want to cater to everyone's assumptions of "what really happened". By that same token, you have to realize that you don't know what happened to these characters either, in fact they are fictional. Therefore as a fiction authors we have every right to stretch them in any and every way that we choose. There is no such thing as sticking with carefully laid or even the most common assumptions of their future. If you mean "you should have written these characters, exactly as everyone else has on this site" then you are right. I am clearly missing that by a long shot. But the fact remains, if I wanted Hermione to be a lesbian who is addicted to drugs, Ronald who is a serial killer with no redeeming qualities and Draco the man who saved them all, I could have. Sticking with "what you should have written because everyone else seems to think this is how it really went" is boring.

Improbable and cop out? Lol, I like to think the stories where Hermione is fucking Draco immediately as improbable, and the stories where Ronald's personality flaws are ignored in lieu of a friendly breakup a cop-out. Nope there will be absolutely none of that here, and for what this story is heading toward and will achieve, what's better for the plot is only a matter of opinion reserved to me to ultimately decide on. I can't stress enough that this story is slow building but will speed up and come to a screeching halt at the end. There are greater things at work than what you as the reader see here.

The only two Weasleys that are acting not up to the golden standard are Ron and Ginny. Everyone else is semi-normal, the whole Wealsey's suddenly liked the fame and attention thing got everyone riled up with this fiction but I go against the grain of the general assumption. It's the beauty of creative licence.

Also if we are to work under the assumption that the burrow was blown up as per the movie, who's to say they didn't want more space for their grandchildren and family, who's to say that the family that never had anything struck the opportunity to have better, especially if Ron and Ginny were feeding that flame. Ron has been proven to ALWAYS have wanted the spot light, and Ginny fell in love with Harry based on stories... not the real man.

So far, we've had infidelity from Ron, which is something Hermione forgave, got over but didn't jump right back into his bed. This happens in real life.

We've had an angry Ronald who hates Purebloods because they bounced back after the war even though they caused the destruction of many lives. That's a realistic response.

Ron is still a mama's boy who loves food, so he would of course ask to eat at the manor and then hang out with Hermione.

We have Ron who (in a redeeming light) wants to only focus on Hermione so he's asking her to live with him, but someone who has always been terrible at understanding Hermione (so he bypasses her argument and asks her to marry him because he thinks its what he wants.) Also when he is angry he has been proven to do unreasonable things. Like leave Harry and Hermione during the horcrux search. Also in every Hogwarts fan fiction, he is the first to pull his wand on Draco or want to fight him lol.

Personally, I'm not seeing whats improbable? Granted, this is the culmination of everything I've come to hate about Ron, but its Weasley bashing at it's finest. Whether you disagree or can't stomach it, I apologize because it's gonna get worse before it gets better.

There ARE fanfictions where Hermione and Ron grow apart, I've read them and loved them but this isn't one of them. There ARE fanfictions where Ron caters to your need of him not being an asshole, this isn't one of them. I tried to have that apparently clear in the beginning so people who are partial to Ron can hate it, curse me for it and get over it. He is a tool that i'm using to spur along the events of this novel. I won't be deterred and fully expected people to hate it lol.

By the end of their relationship, I want HERMIONE, not the reader, but my character to completely understand that she was better off without him. If she just gave up (Hermione NEVER gives up), she would have regretted it later in life. She's too wrapped up in her head to be impulsive. I think it's improbably that people just have them split in the span of a chapter when Hermione has already dealt with these similar issues from Ron. Book six, him and Lavander but on a grander scale in her adult life, Book 4 his treatment of her because he was jealous over Victor Krum, in fact there are instances in every book where he treats her less than she deserves... that just doesn't dissapear. He probably is more mature now, but given the fact that he's trying in his own way to get back with Hermione and can't understand why she needs space, He's bound to be upset when she moves in with the best friend he's always felt inferior to, and his worst enemy.

The main responsibility of the reader is to always be honest, but use their imagination first and foremost considering the bottom line that this is a fiction.

To tackle your main points, Yes Ron is an ass, this is Weasley bashing,it's only Ron and Ginny but it won't change haha. If you like i could include more scenes with the rest of the Weasley's to show that they are still good people?? But i can also just tell you here and now, that people change, but even if they wanted a new home because the burrow held too many bad memories or whatever reason you'd like to invent. The Weasley's are good people and the true idea of what a family should be. IT could have been super intense in those beginning months, which made Harry move out, but that is not a reflection of their character as a whole, considering we've got Author who is still clearly awesome.

Detail, I think you might be missing some of the detail as you read because a lot of this is explained or insinuated. I don't recall having George live with the Weasleys. He was sitting on the couch with his wife one day, and he was at dinner the other. If i missed that and wrote that he lived there then I have to edit it out and will look for that mistake.

Also there has been no personality switch. Hermione was gone and didn't know what to think of Malfoy so she's suspicious... Harry has been living with him for 4 years! Four years! How could he not trust him now when every chapter there is a redeeming Malfoy trait that backs this up lol. Malfoy has never been able to be himself, and now that Lucius has backed off, and Draco hides away allowed to do what he wants. Why would I once again, do what everyone else does and make Malfoy some asshole who Hermione falls in love with?? She's not gonna leave Ron who is an asshole and go to another one, THAT would have made this story improbable.

Trust me, you are not being harsh at all, I enjoy your comments the most. We are clearly just understanding this fiction differently, which means as the author I've failed to explain some of these things thoroughly which is only going to help me write better in the future. Even if you boycott this story and refuse to read it, I would understand. To each their own.

But for the most part, the things that annoys you about this fiction probably won't improve. If it were grammar issues or idea flow, I could, but the fact that Ronald is prone to explosive behavior, the fact that Ginny likes the spotlight and the fact that Hermione not some super woman who is incapable of making dumb choices when it comes to men... Those things will continue. Considering I value your opinion and the fact that you challenge my fiction only makes me hope you will continue to read and discuss the things you like and don't like... but you're going to HATE the next chapter, because you are going to have to deal with a lot of Draco Hermione "oh i like you lol"

Thank you for your review! :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.