Click Here!

A Match Made In Convenience: Review Replies and Discussion

Eris Night

HarryGinny4eva 8/25/13

I'm finding the majority of my readers enjoy the longer chapters as long as I break up the narrative frequently. I am also relieved that they are finally engaged, that was a long time in the making haha. ALOT of work went into that and I'm super excited that they are both in a place where they can be themselves because now things are about to get awesome!

Harry and Luna are adorable. Their little scene made me happy, I felt as though I didn't fail Harry haha. So I'll let them enjoy their happiness for as long as possible in this crazy world.

Arthur and Molly wouldn't miss their weddings for the world and are and will always remain the best kind of people:)

Lol oh boy as for Hermione, I suppose this is the part where I defend her actions lol :P

Well as always your points are valid and spot on.

The only clarifications that I can make with her decision making is that she didn't want to just turn down Ron quickly or carelessly because their relationship is in a very fragile place but because she knew that she wouldn't be able to hide it from him that the one she was most likely going to accept was Draco.

She's in love with Draco and so she knew who she wanted to accept but needed to figure out a way to detach herself from Ron in the most gentle way possible. Now remember, Hermione in this work is brilliant, but she's been known to much things up when it comes to guys.

I wouldn't say she was flaunting Ron, he just kept coming over in his attempts to woo her and she was equally stuck because she didn't want to tell him not to come because he's her best friend and that would have been an argument.

Remember her first response to his proposal was basically no, I want to be friends and that was even before Draco asked her to marry him. But Ron was being persistent and Hermione was at a complete loss for as to deal with him.

Hermione knows Ron's temper all too well and spending more time with him was a good thing and kinda necessary because even at his "I'm wooing you, I want you to marry me" best, Ron was still subpar compared to the respectful Draco who gave her everything that she wanted and very clearly put her needs first.

Spending more time with Ron only solidified that he was not a good match for her and it only eliminates any future "What ifs" and points her firmly in Draco's direction.

So while yes, she wasn't very considerate of Draco's feelings, it's only because she was so darn concerned with Ron's.

About Halfway through the month and then completely on the Wednesday before their lunch date, Hermione was complete sure that she wanted to accept Draco. So yes at that point she was pretending that she was still considering him in Draco's eyes.

To be fair (and I'm way more partial to Draco in this) but our favorite blonde has a HORRIBLE track record this story! Yea he's been better as of late because he focused on Hermione but she didn't know that for sure. Usually every time he didn't get his way or she upset him with some form of unintentional rejection, Draco is back to bringing women home and acting like he doesnt care.

Seeing him remain steadfast during that time solidified her faith and love for him. Ron is the safer choice in that she knows exactly what she wanted and if Draco would have resumed his womanizing during that time, Hermione probably would have accepted Ron on principal. So the long wait for her saying yes cleared up EVERYTHING between them.

Yes they still have to talk but Draco showed her just how serious he is and for Hermione that means everything.

Like Hermione said, "marriage is forever" and people really shouldn't rush a choice like that.

Granted, yes you have every right to be pissed lol, but Hermione hasn't made ANYTHING easy so far. So it was unlikely she would just say yes without her brain getting in the way. Good news is that things should go much more smoothly from now on.

:) Don't hate me lol

But yes lol, I was wondering if anyone remembered that not only did Draco cure cancer but Ron thought Hermione was trying to make it up to him for missing his birthday in March of that year. I kept saying that absolutely everything is written for a reason lol, I've had this whole Hermione accepts Draco this way scenario planned for about 20 or more chapters haha:)

And yes sorry... Blaise has to go lol... I can't say more because of Spoilers but yea haha. I've got more in store for him.

I'm working on 24 after review replies:) Thank you for your honest review! It's ok to hate Hermione now but just think! She's fully come into herself and things should be fun from now on!

Until next time:)

Eris

Edited by Eris Night

Luminari Lilium 8/25/13

20 or so chapters in the making! I knew for a LONG while that this would be how Hermione accepted Draco's proposal and was wondering if anyone would make the connection between her mother being sick on Ron's birthday and Draco curing cancer in this fic lol. It wasn't super obvious, but everything is tied together and written for a specific reason.

I'm glad you liked this one:) It was one that could go either way because of Hermione's indecisive nature but I think she turned it around pretty ok and now there is nothing between them but awesome Dramioneness!!

There is much more to come!

Eris

Victoria 8/25/13

Girl lol, Hermione just said yes. She managed to completely shake off Ron and she was bent over a couch ready to get it from our all too sexy begging Slytherin Prince. I think the actual penetration can wait one more chapter for the sake of everything that just happened lol.

The time line for events so far has been less than 6 months lol. Draco makes her cum like its his job and tempts her but it hasn't been necessary for them to have sex yet. Also Luna and Harry are there to tide you over with the lovey dovey ness while our protagonist's get themselves into gear.

If for some reason Hermione hadn't said yes this chapter and her choice was dragged out over another span of 12000 words lol, then yes I would agree with you completely but UST is so frustratingly necessary in this story because actual sex between them would have sent Hermione on a tailspin out of where we needed her to be.

Draco has finally proven to all of us that he is capable of being a one woman man, especially when everyone was scandalized that he did Celeste and Hermione has officially come into herself and is the person we all want to see. Now and only now are they ready to be together lol.

The good news is that they are getting married next chapter which of course means smut time. Oh and let's not forget Draco still has no clue that his fiance is a virgin lol so that should be fun:)!!

Thank you for reviewing!

Eris:)

EEvans 8/25/13

I KNOW RIGHT!!!! Lol, that's exactly what Harry was thinking at the end:)

Morning Snow 8/25/13

AHHH My Author Friend Paramour!

I'm glad you liked it!! :) The cancer thing has been 20 chapters in the making lol. I knew for a while now that this is how I wanted her to accept him. The early chapter clues were of course Draco having cured cancer and was Hermione missing Ron's birthday because her mother was sick.

I victory dance whenever one of my plot points gets completed lol. You should see my word documents, my notes document has a TON of little things I have to finish up lol and so i'm like spending today re-reading the entire work and then continuing because everything is about to fall into place.

My current goal is 30 chapters with an epilogue lol. I don't want to go past that but I also don't want to rush the action lol, so wish me luck haha.

Super excited about your review and waiting patiently for Daylight:)

Eris :)

Aranel 8/25/13

Do you know that i LOVE Doctor Who and still have not watched Torchwood even though I love Captain Jack Harkness lol. I really need to get on my game with that. I especially love that Torchwood is an anagram for Doctor Who haha its what gave me the idea for my riddle for this story.

Morning Snow definitely has that kind of Draco down lol:) I LOVE reading her sexy bits because her Draco is so damn powerful! I'm thinking my Draco is similar with the controlling aspect but in a different way, he's more of a make you so crazy with desire that you do as I say because you're dying for my dick and Daylight's Draco is more like I'm your master do as I say.

Either way I love and want both of them in my life haha! Gosh I wish my Draco was capable of having a scene where he pushes Hermione down on her knees and forces her to suck him off lol. But that's def out of the realm of my story.I will reserve that for my one shot though haha! and maybe I'll have Draco do that to Harry instead!!

Also yes lol! The breast cancer was unexpected and completely unknown but not so random lol! Remember Draco cured cancer and absolutely everything that i've written has been for a reason, so with that in mind you guys would actually be able to predict a lot more of whats going to happen since I'm essentially concluding plot points from now on lol.

Remember how Ron thought Hermione wanted to have sex with him to make up missing his birthday? Well Hermione's reason had been because her mother was sick. Granted she didn't know but that was were it all came from:) Chapters and 2 lol! This has been about 20 chapters in the making:)

And yes lol Ron is pretty bad but i've still got something in store for him so we'll see how this ends up!

Luna is a doll, by far my favorite because of how honest and perfect she is for Harry. She is simply lovely!

And OH YES lol! I love that song! I'm gonna listen to that when I write their smut scenes haha! This is about to be good!

Woo now I'm pumped up to continue writing lol!!

Until next time!:)

Eris

Bella 8/26/13

Lol I know that sentiment well haha, that is exactly what Harry was thinking! The best part is everything is cleared up between them and so now they can finally just BE together! Granted they still have to talk but that will happen soon:)

I'm like so freaking amped to write this all lol.

Also I am SO FREAKING HAPPY that you like it! Every review is like the best kind of everything and to read that you're reading it again! I'm like so ecstatic it's insane lol.

Thank you so so much for reviewing and sharing your thoughts! I'm so extremely grateful that you're reading my work and only hope that you love it even more as we continue!

Discord The Lunatic 8/26/13

I KNOWWWW Lol!! Just to be clear I was JUST as frustrated as you guys were with these two haha but even as the author I couldn't cut corners:) So now we've finally gotten them together and there is NO excuse for the bullshit anymore haha! i'm working on 24 now and things are already starting to look up! it's so nice to finally get to the Dramione aspect of this work!:)

Hey there,

I could never hate you, hon! lol Thanks for the answers and while I do understand your thinking, I still think she has a lot of apologizing to do. :-) I hope he doesn't find out about her manipulations and that things are actually easier for them now. And, I hope they hurry up and get married before this stupid law screws things up for them. When is Harry going to catch a break in the case? I know, I know, you won't tell me. ha ha ha Looking forward to more, as always. :-) Take care, HG4eva

Kthrnlxndr 8/26/13

You're Welcome! I actually really love writing this fic and it's such a relief when I get to update:)

Hermione knew where her heart wanted, which was exemplified by the fact that the very same night Draco asked her she wanted to say yes. But being the brainy over thinking witch that she is, Hermione couldn't just agree without saying yes.

That time she spent with Ron only helped to further solidify why he wasn't right for her which in turn helped to quell any possibly future doubts she had about her choice.

Yes Draco got the short end of the stick having to wait but by being completely focused on her, he proved his devotion and further helped her to ultimately confirm that yes choosing him was the right thing :)

And GAHHH when i read your last part I was just like "YES I COULD HAVE" lol... 23 chapters and i totally could have ended it lol and given myself a break to write new chapters but oh well I'm in the long haul now haha, I'll keep that in mind for my future works!

But that was an amazing idea:)

Thank you for your review!!

Draconian 8/26/13

I know right, Ron was doing sooo well until his true colors shown through.

I'm glad you liked it:) I wanted to highlight Draco's devotion to Hermione despite the uncertain nature of their relationship.

He tries his best to hold it together and give her the space he needs and as you can see he's damn well near his breaking point on that Friday after the lunch to the point where he is begging her to accept him.

Draco has done so much growing from the man he was months ago and it's all loves influence:)

I definitely adore him!

But yea I've had this whole thing set up for a while:) Hermione is brilliant but sometimes she needs a push and I wanted to have something definitive that would make her drop all her reservations and just go for it:) Saving her mom definitely qualifies:)

I've been writing Chapter 24 all day and I'm so excited!

Yay they are finally together!!!

:)

Guest SlytherinEnchanted

1) awwwwww

2) I've reread the last scene AT LEAST 3 times. I may end up reading the whole story again soon...or whenever it's complete.

3) I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting the next chappie hoping that I can read it before the Mr. comes home and if it's after, I'll just be distracted with reading for a bit. ;)

4) You're awesome, I love it, I love how you've been tieing everything in and how it is just a very well rounded story. Is the seriously your first story posted or have you posted elsewhere and under what name?

Shaymars 9/1/13

I spilled hot chocolate on my laptop last week and writing the chapter on my phone has been horrible!! I had to wait until I got paid but I just bought a new one yesterday and so i'm typing up all the parts of the chapter 24 that I wrote on paper and putting them into the word document now. My laptop breaking threw a huge kink in my plan and I didin't have access to another one. But never fear lol, 24 WILL be up by tonight! I will not sleep until its up haha:)

Slytherin Enchanted 9/2/13

Lol I know right! I've been rereading on my phone since that was the only thing I could do but I broke my own laptop by spilling hot cocoa on it and had to wait until I got paid to buy a new one. So everything is ok but I'm super behind on the work which is terrible haha. I'm just glad no one has threatened me :)

I'm super glad you're enjoying the story and i'm looking forward to a rousing conclusion:)

Thank you for your review and concern!!

PS!! Afterthought! And yes this is the first story that i've ever posted anywhere:)

Edited by Eris Night

Discord The Lunatic 9/3/13

LOL that's definitely the lesson. I'm 22 and I actually cried lol. I lamented the loss as though someone important to me had died haha, I was really far in chapter 24 and of course when i went to resume it from google drive the story hadn't saved itself. sigh. so here I am starting over lol

Charlotte 8/29/13

Don't feel pathetic lol! I do the same exact thing when I read! I've just had the worst luck ever as an author haha. Usually updates are in fact 3 to 4 days apart and that will resume starting today for certain. Considering they are over 10000 word chapters its unlikely that they will be sooner and so if you check back within that time frame you wont have to check all the time lol:)

My friends laughed at me too but then I got them all hooked on HP FF and so now we're all update stalkers together lol. Convert them!:)

But lol overall I'm glad you like this work! I'm super excited about it too and I'm like so amped to finish it now that I've got a new computer to do so!

As for Ginny and Ron, you are not alone. Most people who are partial to him absolutely hate my characterizations and Weasley bashing and I'm alright with it. For this work it was necessary but there might be some form of redemption in the works for them:)

I'm working on the Christmas eve and Christmas's now and i don't think it will be what you expect:) Evil laugh haha, I very rarely give the readers exactly what they want but by the end of the chapter i think it will all have concluded itself really nicely:)

The nickname thing is really just another separating factor between the friendships for Hermione. Her parents know her most personally and so they have a nickname. Harry and Ron are kind of a special segment of her life and so they shorten her name to "mione" "My-nee" or just the ending of her name. I wanted to show the varying levels of the kind of relationships she has with the people in her life.

It even serves to highlight that its crazy for Ron, someone close enough to her that uses even a nickname treats her the way he does. Really I just wanted to include another indicator of depth with her relationships with the other characters.

This ultimately helps to make the moment when Draco stops calling her Granger all the more special.

But yes! Lol I hope you see this entry soon and continue to discuss the work with me!! I loved your review!! I've read it like 3 times now and your enthusiasm gets me amped!:)

Thank you!

Moody Savage 8/31/13

Muahahaha! Exactly lol! :) We'll get that in this chapter! Let's see how Draco handles it:)

MargeW76 9/2/13

Lol I wish I could say the suspense was intentional lol but of course not, just me being silly and ruining my own laptop! So i'm gonna work my fingers to the bone to try and update today!! Hope you like it:)

Anon 9/3/13

Lol fair point! I'm sorry haha! I'm working on it now:) I spilled hot cocoa on my laptop and ruined it simultaneously losing the entire chapter as well. So i'm rewriting it from the beginning and will do my best to update today! Just so you know updates will be every 3 to 4 days so that way you don't waste your time checking back before then:)

Thank you for reading and the review!!

Guest shaymars

Just read chapter 24 and it was wonderful...I was sad to read Blaise had to leave..Had a few tears in my eyes over that....I hope there is way to bring him back maybe he will find his wife while he is away and come back....I hope he wll be able to come back.....I can't wait to read the next chapter dealing with the wedding night....I know it will be really good...Lookng forward to the next update....

Guest Shaymars 9/5/13

I know! I figured everyone had pretty much forgotten about the fact that he did have to go but hopefully we'll see him again someday! The wedding night scene was actually pretty difficult out of them all. I had to reread the entire story and figure out just how the characters would deal with it. Hermione is no longer the bashful woman that she once was. So it was a challenge lol.

I'm kinda relieved I finished it though, now onto the good times!

:)

Draconis 9/8/13

I'm glad you like it!! Any wedding planned by Narcissa was bound to be beautiful but I really liked the whole scene as well. I'm thinking Chapter 25 won't disappoint, although I'm pretty sure it won't be what anyone was expecting. :P

Aranel 9/5/13

hahahaha:)

Yes it is lol but not in the way I think anyone is expecting. I'm pretty sure they expect a nice slow and gentle time and for Hermione to fess up lol. well think again lol, I kinda like their sex alot better than the typical slow virgin sex:)

I couldn't really imagine Ginny nor Ron there though. I mean sure Hermione missed Ron but she got over it just as quickly.

And I know right!!! I kinda wish I could write him back in. Blaise is an amazing character but the law is the law and better in Italy than potentially Azkaban.

There is a scene in the next chapter I think you'll appreciate though:)

Eris :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.