Click Here!

A Match Made In Convenience: Review Replies and Discussion

Eris Night

HarryGinny4eva 7/9/13

Lol i know right, Hermione had it all thought out until he took that tie off ;} And of course, our Malfoy is not an asshole but he's still the sarcastic and arrogant man we all know and love. He couldn't help it haha. Although you'll find that he's quite capable of getting his confidence bashed in when he's going after someone he likes. He'll learn that it's not so easy to win her over and will have to do some growing before he gets the prize!

Also thank you! I felt it was time to get a Harry all riled up. Your observation of Luna is a good one, she's kind of a mystery so we won't ever know what shes thinking unless we're graced with viewing the story from her POV. It kind of adds to her charms i think!

And seriously, I threw a coin for which weasley it would be, because this was a point in time where stuff could have happened either way. But i tied in a plot line that i had kinda hinted at in an earlier chapter and so i think the ending result was pretty ok if i do say so myself:)

I'm glad you're still reading it even though its kinda clear Harry and Ginny won't be together 4eva (LOL) I really appreciate the time you took to write such a thorough review!!!

Victoria 6/9/13

Say it as many times as you like! I love that someone feels that way, I spend hours writing scene by scene and hoping that i can express to the audience that desire and passion can almost be tangible sometimes. I love the idea of an all hot and bothered Harry and an quirky Luna turning him on by being 100% herself!

As for Astoria, interestingly enough you mention it but that earlier laid plot line gets explained in the next chapter lol. I've got this separate word document that's full of all my plot lines and i try to space them out so that by the time the readers forget that something happens Bam! it's explained. She's just a minor character used to explain the kind of life Draco would have lived without Hermione. We won't be seeing much of her in the future.

Also I swear i break into nervous sweats at the thought of the readers finding me and hanging me if i dont update lol. So i'm trying haha!

I will take the paragraph note into consideration. I've heard it before and so i'm sure that it's right! Little by little i'll get it all ironed out haha!!

Thank you for reading and taking the time to review!! I really appreciate it and love discussing the work with you!!

Chapter Fourteen Spoiler Alert!!

This entire process has been so Darn Wonderful so far!! I absolutely love the honest reviews and the amazing feedback I'm receiving We're going to start getting into the fun portions of the story and so as a special thank you for the Hits, Ratings and Reviews:

Here is a special spoiler from our Chapter 14 entitled "Love Makes You Crazy":

He kissed her on the forehead and pushed the hair back from her face. “I don’t think I've ever told you this, but I mean it with every fiber of my being. I love you Hermione Granger, you’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” Hermione felt her chest swell with emotion. This was the man she had come to adore and cherish. This was the man that she trusted with her life and never doubted. She knew him like she knew her own heartbeat and he, her. This was her champion and deepest confidant and she was so happy to have him back.

Hermione reached up and lightly touched the lightning shaped scar that had made him a legend. “And I you, Harry Potter. The boy who thankfully lived; now and forever.”

Harry gave her a megawatt smile and turned to leave. He had just touched the door knob when a question popped into her head. “What are you going to do to her? Ginny I mean.” Harry’s shoulders drooped but when he turned back to her, she was stunned by the fierce anger she saw peering out from behind his deep emerald gaze. Such a quick change in emotion from the happy Harry that had just turned away from her. “Nothing. I’m not going to do a damn thing. I never want to see her again” and then he left the room.

Hermione watched the spot where he had been for a moment before going back to her bed and laying down. She found herself thinking about the events of the last few days and how she could not believe what Ginny had actually done to Harry. Hermione was at a complete loss for words and could not possibly fathom the girl’s motives. It was just one of those things, one of those moments where desperation could lead you astray.

Hermione rolled on her side and looked out the window to the bright 1912 sun. She closed her eyes slowly, blocking out the light and sighed.

Love makes you crazy.

Edited by Eris Night

Moodysavage 7/10/13

Interestingly enough I always find that when two people like each other there can be similarities found in the way they think and act haha. Poor Draco doesn't know how to handle it and our intelligent hermione is not even bothering to lie to herself anymore. She knows herself too well by now.

As for Harry all I can say in his defense is that he's not waiting for anything. His intention is not to break up with Ginny. He knows they are having trouble and admits it willingly but he still loves her. She was practically his first in everything and she really hurt him tonight by pursuing her fame over his comfort. He's hurting right now but if he's learned anything from the war it was not to make rash decisions. In a real life situation I don't think two people would have broken up at that point. Or rather if I did something like that I'm pretty sure my bf would be pissed but he would want me to leave him alone and then once he cooled down talk about it. And make a choice then.

But Ginny isn't stupid. She knows just exactly how close she came and she knows she's loosing him. Between seeing him so cozy with Luna and all their arguing Ginny had to either rise to the occasion now or mess it all up.

The only thing guaranteed here is that this is a Dramione ;-) evil to admit I know lol. Just imagine how much people would hate me if they managed to work it out lol. No but seriously the story writes itself and everything you want is coming in good time! Check out the spoiler that should help give you hints as to where things are going and revisit old chapters for clues!

As always you were one of the first people to review and share your thoughts. I'm writing portions of these chapters with you in mind:-) wait it out a bit and let's pray I don't fail you lol.

Until next time

Eris:-)

Edited by Eris Night

Luminari Lilium 7/10/13

I completely agree with you, this whole process is frustrating because these guys ARE so intelligent. Trouble is, since they were 11 the Weasley's are all they've ever known and are in their hearts more so than you would think. Breaking up with their respective Weasley's isn't just a normal breakup for Harry or Hermione. They stand a chance of ruining their friendships with them as well. Ginny was Harry's first love and Ron Hermiones... first loves are NEVER easy breaks... and often time are the messiest of them all.
Give it just a little bit more time... in true Weasley Bashing fashion, our not so lovable Weasley's will ruin it themselves.

Saman 7/10/13

Lol yes, everyone thought it was slow, that's just my writing style but no worries! it's gonna pick up to the point where you may be reviewing that its all happening too fast haha!

Also i really appreciate you saying that!! I'm glad that you remembered this one! That's like the greatest victory for me because there are so many good stories here! Just so you know there probably wont be an update until saturday earliest, so you don't waste your time checking! but i do try for 2 updates a week now:)

Thankyou for reviewing!!

Eris

Morning Snow 7/10/13

hahahahaha I really should have Draco say something like that lol, it would be hilarious! But yes essentially he's never had any kind of resistance from the ladies and thats why Hermione is sticking with him. Granted she likes him and he knows it, but she's not falling all over herself for his attention. But it wont be that easy haha, still more roadblocks in our future!! Draco will have to work and persevere for her! At least for 6 more chapters that is lol!! Currently chapter 20 is where the marriage law gets introduced and so we will still have some fun until then!

Also yes... i flipped a coin to see which Weasley it will be, (lol because yes at the time i didn't even know myself) but was happy with Ginny because she's more fun to play with.

Thank you so much! I'm becoming better with your lovely help of course!! I'm trying my best to have these characters develop chapter by chapter! so all the things that were vague become clearer now.

And yes, I should have been more specific. The floorboard spell is the one that Draco and Harry cast at the entry way to all the rooms so that they can be alerted when anyone is approaching. Harry is an Auror and Draco a former Death Eater and so they always have targets on their backs. When they first came to live together they decided to err on the side of caution:) However when Draco wanted to sneak up on who was in the living room he had to cancel the spell in order to not be detected!

As always its a pleasure to talk to you! :)

HarryGinny4eva 7/10/11

Lol yes, I know she is and one day I swear I will try and do her justice... Granted she probably wont be paired with Harry... but Ginny won't always be crazy! I'm really excited about the Luna side pairing and trying to figure out how to incorporate her, it's gonna take some work!

Not gonna lie, I kinda like how the issue of our characters being in relationships resolve themselves but we'll see if you do haha. Let me know if it do it justice later!! This chapter with Ginny being the Weasley there is only the beginning!

Lol yes it's a guilty pleasure of mine to have Hermione prefer Draco, I'm loving writing how she's going over to the dark side lol, well just to Draco that is. Cosidering this is a marriage fic just you wait! Draco is being tame because she has a BF and he doesn't want to scare her away. Wait until he can woo her full time!! we are going to all be in love by the end of this!!

Oh Blaise, my sweet Blaise! I love him too, the whole "touchy feely" bit came to me as i was writing and i just died laughing at how i could imagine Blaise delivering that line. He's clever and brilliant and amazingly hilarious! We'll get alot more of him later:)

Also BOOYAH!! Success! The fact that one person noticed that I've got Hermione falling in like with Draco in a method that actually makes sense is gratification enough! I really hate when Hermione just throws caution to the wind, but yes, here she is growing to like Draco after reasonable encounters with him allow her to learn more and more! Just wait until she falls in love:)

Sigh... you havent seen anything yet with Ginny. Makes me want to post chapter 14 now so you can facepalm. Yes thats a spoiler combined with the official chapter spoiler... but chapte 14 makes me cringe. it's like shits hitting the fan so severely that, I just want to change it all and make them have a nice breakup haha.

And yes lol! I wondered if anyone would think it odd that out of the blue Luna wrote an article! I tried to exemplify that point with the fact that Hermione admitted she hadn't talked to her or thought of her in over 3 years!

I love the rumor/fact/ or whatever it is where people say Luna's mother was Draco's godmother. It tends to allow me to have Luna be pureblood (because Malfoys did not associate with alot of halfbloods being pureblood supremists and all) and it allows for a nice entry strategy for introducing Luna.

But yes, I like fist pumped when no one questioned me on the fact that Luna wrote an article and was happy to bring it full circle with our lovely Draco being caught out:)

Chapter 14 will be coming soon!

Thank you for reviewing!! I love that you've been discussing this work since the beginning and i appreciate it!!

Buttercup 7/11/13

Lol NO worries! I would never do that to my Blaise! If i ever wrote a fic where Hermione and Ginny were best friends and it was a Dramione, then i may have a minor pairing of Blaise and Ginny. But not here in this one lol. Ginny doesn't deserve my awesome Blaise!

Lol thank you for taking the time to review!!!

Victoria 7/11/13

I definitely see your point and when deciding on what Blaise's trademark would be, I was at the crossroads between outright laughter and a grin. For my Blaise, and his comradery with Draco, it absolutely would have been appropriate for him to burst into a boughts of laughter every time Draco was forced to repeat his declaration. However, Blaise has been able to see that Draco felt a little bit more stronger than usual for Hermione and so at that point in time, he wouldn't have felt that Draco's declaration was that amusing. In fact by making him repeat it, he's only trying to help his friend realize it completely himself.

Granted it's still an interesting and funny thing to see our big suave Draco admit that he likes a girl neither of them would have ever expected but he does and Blaise accepted it immediately.

Plus our Draco is easily embarrassed and prone to small boughts of anger. Although Blaise is his best friend he still closes himself off from time to time. Draco doesn't fully know how to deal with such strong emotions and so even though Blaise wouldn't have meant it maliciously. a laugh at that point would have probably made the scene develop differently. I mean if Blaise grinning humiliated him, then laughing would have sent him flying out of the room haha. Draco was very insecure in that moment.

Then he wouldn't have listened to the rest of Blaise's pep talk and the story would have been forced to go even slower! Lol but I'm glad you caught that moment and spoke up! I'm trying to keep these characters developing toward new heights but consistent:)

Also i've looked into Hawthorn and Vine, it looks amazing! I'm gonna keep going from here for now, only because (and this is not a real excuse) managing two sites right now looks like a daunting task haha. I get anxiety when my updates are too far out on this site, I can't imagine on two of them. But maybe once I get closer to the end of tis one I'll put it up there:)

I'm glad that you enjoy it! I'm trying my best! Thank you for taking the time to review! You're very insightful and i enjoy reading your thoughts!

Eris:)

Sheedy 7/11/13

Well let's hope I can keep the ball rolling then!! :)

Heather 7/13/13

I can definitely understand what you mean:) A lot of information can be a bit boring, but sometimes setting a strict foundation is the only way to create a strong basis for a longer story haha. I would love to always write dialogue but alas I'm forced to explain much more than the usual "I want you" haha! I'll do the best I can to keep it going! But no promises ;)

Thank you for reading!!

Luminari Lilium 7/13/13

Haha exactly. It was pretty easy for Hermione! Ron is prone to over react when he looses his temper and this allows him to have some free time with any witch that catches his eye. But if you can't tell he's rather possessive of Hermione, just from the way he touches her and interacts with her. There's no way that's going to be the last of Ronald Weasley. It may be for a few chapters Hermione is "free" of him but he hasn't even been seen at his worst yet ;}

Appleblossum, 7/13/13

Not gonna lie. You review made me want to post the already completed chapter 15 tonight haha! I'll do my best to keep with the updates! Usually they are 3 to 4 days out though:) But who knows what the future may have in store for all the kind readers of this story!!

Edited by Eris Night

Victoria 7/14/13

I know right, she knew she was losing him but her actions were a bit extreme smh... Also she actually meant her apology, it's not that it was all a ploy. But she thought up the spell in order to ensure that he forgave her lol.

Also i'm working on the more obvious forms of Dramione action lol, sex and all that is coming haha. But we've had leaps and bounds between our two characters lol I'm proud of them. I'll stick by my ideals that in order to build a foundation for a longer story,I've gotta lay the foreground:) He can't keep kissing her every chapter but the time in which it can happen more often is here! So just bear with it a little longer:)

Also, Thank you! I swear no matter how may times I read these darn chapters, even aloud, I still miss things! It's incredibly annoying but I appreciate you pointing them out.

I'll do my best to update soon!!

HarryGinny4eva 7/14/13

Lol:) Exactly Ginny was clearly Not thinking.

Draco is dying for the chance to show Hermione what kind of man he is and he's taking the small opportunities and capitalizing on them.

But Hermione has been distancing herself from Ron and in that moment it kind of just clicked. Most people don't feel it but the end of some relationships provide a unique kind of relief and Hermione is going through that now:)

Of course Ron will be back lol, i cant let him go that easy and he's slightly possessive of Hermione!

So wait and see:)

Thank you for reading!

Morning Snow 7/14/13

Lol, Hermione was livid. Thank god she's the member of the trio that has the best self-control! But yes Ron is a fool haha. He'll regret it later though:) Hermione would have settled with him had he been a bit more patient.

The best way i can explain my idea for the Wizards Oath, is that when wizards get married it ties them together just the same way. In fact a wizards marriage bond is for life and is pretty much the equivalent of a wizards oath to love and to cherish and all that. So in the event that Harry had no one, Draco's bond with him especially one that makes him loyal to harry allows him to act in his best interest. It's almost as if the magic can recognize that Draco is Harry's guardian angel in his time of need.

But forget all that!!! You are the only one who got one of the most important moments that i included! Draco has been ashamed of his involvement in the wizarding war. He hates the dark mark and the portion of his life it represents. So when he showed Hermione without a second thought, it was a really telling moment. Draco feels strongly toward her and he trusts her.
In the beginning Harry noted that Malfoy unconsciously shifted his left arm out of the way whenever someone reminded him of the darker times.

There are tons of little clues and moments that people miss when reading, I am continuously tying them into the story as we go along!

But i'll keep this ball rolling! Smut coming soon!

Morning Snow 7/14/13

Back to back reviews! Lol but ohh yes! Things are gonna heat up lol! I'm excited haha, it puts me in a right state just writing about it though lol.

I will repeat again! How cool is it that you figured out the riddle lol! :)

But yes the eagle was in chapter 5 and Hermione's thunder issue was mentioned as a comment one of the mornings Hermione oogled Draco at breakfast!

Unfortunately, Thursday must be the day lol, I wont have alot of time to do chapter 17 until wednesday and i like to have the next chapter completely finished before posting the next one:) Hopefully you will think it was worth the wait!

Anon 7/14/13

I'm so glad you like it so far!! And I know, cliffhangers are evil aren't they!!:)

Colao 7/14/13

I think so too, i keep thinking of all these scenarios to put them in and i can't even handle it. It's like they are on a level that only the two of them can understand and so he can genuinely evoke real emotion from her and she him.

HarryGinny4eva 7/14/13

Lol any review is a great review when they are coming from you!

Thank you btw! I have been dropping hints in all 15 chapters for whats to come and so there's a lot more things that haven't come to light yet. I think the readers get so caught up on the dramione interactions they miss detail sometimes but I love it because it seems to shock you guys when i bring something back or realization dawns!

"Poor Draco" lol! I know right, but he better behave!

And yes, Amos portion will come to light later. I feel bad for him, and what has happened to him. He was never the same after Cedric's death.

But yes until Thursday! Don't forget a spoiler will be posted tomorrow!

Luminari Lilium 7/14/13

Hermione feels rather ashamed of being 22 going on 23 and still being that afraid of thunderstorms. She's a logical mind and knows her fears are unfounded. But for her to get into it with Malfoy, someone whom she's just getting to know and wants to impress on a small scale, she just wouldn't have felt comfortable. She doesn't know how he would react and it arguable took much less time for her to say "i don't want to talk about it" rather than explain the story to him. At that point she was slightly distracted by a almost naked Draco and really just wanted to calm down her frazzled nerves and so all of it will come in good time.

But remember at this point its only little over a week from Harry getting attacked, they've just started spending time with each other. I don't think people dump their biggest secrets that early, so yes she had a perfect good reason to be afraid but for her purposes that evening it wasn't necessary to explain.

Also definitely a teaser! but not in the way you'd expect i think.

missanonymous 7/15/13

Well then welcome and thank you so much for taking the time to reply!! I'm glad you thought it was a worthy enough experience to do so!

But yes I feel badly for that lol, people keep saying they check and so that's why I keep telling them my next update day.

There will be a spoiler tomorrow and a update Thursday!! If you ever feel inclined again please review and share your thoughts! I would love to discuss the work with you!

Thank you!

Eris:)

Discord the Lunatic 7/15/13

Oh yea :D That's what I love to hear! Hopefully we can keep this going:) lol

Thank you for reviewing!!! :)

Eris

Aranel 7/16/13

Ahh, That feeling is the absolute worst!! I personally hate WIP because of that! If it's any consolation, I do my best to update as often as I can. Usually twice a week.!

But thank you for reading and for taking the time to review!! I've got more in store for our characters:)!

Eris

Emmam 7/16/13

Thank you!!! IT's about to get good in chapter 16!!

Dylan Harper 7/16/13

Woo! I'm so glad to here that! I will def keep the updates rolling in! :)

Chapter Sixteen Spoiler Alert!!

Here is a special spoiler from our Chapter 16 entitled "Thunder Thunder In The Night":

Hermione had failed to mention to her chivalrous roommate that just being near someone during a thunderstorm helped her tremendously. Granted she still flinched every time it thundered, but that was just an involuntary action on her part.

Hermione was, if not anything else, a logical woman. She knew her fear of thunder and lightning was completely irrational. But just as long as she could repeat her mantra and be near someone that made her feel safe, Hermione could keep herself calm enough to sleep through the night.

In hindsight getting struck by lightning had been the most painful experiences of her life, but it had jump started her magical core and that was something she was eternally grateful for.

Not to mention, it made her feel devilishly naughty to take advantage of this once in a lifetime situation.

Malfoy was trying his best to cater to her needs; he was being the model of a perfect gentleman. He shifted every so often in order to hide his erection and the fact that Hermione had been able to inspire such a reaction from him made her feel incredibly sexy.

Turns out Malfoy hadn't been in the midst of wooing another woman as she had earlier suspected and that alone put her in a playful mood. They had been dancing around each other all week and for once in her life she wanted to do something completely un-Hermione like.

She wanted to seduce him.

Edited by Eris Night

Siona The Green 7/17/13

Ahh Siona!! I hope you check the forums!! I get everyone's reviews almost instantaneously through my email and your last comment excited me! I'm assuming it's about chapter 15 but if you happen to check this. Read the chapter 16 teaser lol! What kind of romance novelist/fanfiction artist would I be if I didn't get my protagonist's into all sorts of delicious situations!!

That's all i'm gonna say!!

:)

As for Harry and Luna! I'm glad you approve haha:)

As always reading your reviews is a pleasure!

Thank you for reading!!

Eris

Guest Siona

Yeah I just read the spoiler and I can't wait! I know Hermione is a virgin and at times can be shy but she can also be equally bold. Draco goes crazy enough when she's not trying let's see how he reacts when she does ;) hot!!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.