Click Here!

Dedicated Slash Beta Long & Short Term

Hello everyone,

I have been an avid reader for many years for both fanfiction and books. When I see errors in stories weather they be grammar, spelling or a dysfunctional punctuation, I automatically want to fix it. It is rare that one of those three things slips past me. Writing has been my life for the past eight years, but I really got into writing just after my brothers death in 08. It became my savior and I will always keep my writing close to my chest. Even though I have been writing for so long, I as well as anyone, know that you are not always perfect at it. Which is why I am willing to beta for at least one to two people to start with. If you try to read my stories to get an example, I am afraid it will not be a good one. I need a beta myself because I write so quickly just to get my ideas out, that I miss a lot of things in the process.

I am willing to read just about anything m/m related, whether it be with two partners or three. I really enjoy Harry Potter, Supernatural, Avatar the Last Airbender, and original fictions; but I will be willing to beta just about anything. I am okay with things like rape, some gore, and pretty much anything a lot of people would be against. I am an open minded person and I understand that what a writer puts to paper is not necessarily a reflection of themselves.

For HP fanfictions I would willing read anything femslash between Tonks and Hermione. I am okay with reading twincest and things with the older characters. (Just not Dumbledore.)

I am not okay with reading het relationships unless it's only a brief encounter. I will not read anything with Peter Pettigrew or You-Know-Who in the main relationship. Anything else is pretty much okay unless you name something I find I can not beta.

If you choose me as your beta I will avidly look through your work, edit it and return it in good time. Give me a reasonable time frame to work with; on some days I might be able to do same day returns but not always. When making edits I will put opinions or corrections in parenthesis. (Example: Is this your rnig (ring)?

If you find yourself interested in my beta offer please give me this information.

Email: (This is how I will receive and send beta work)

Would you like me as a long term or short term beta: (Long term; you want me to keep beta reading upcoming chapters. Short term: You would like me to beta one or two things.)

What will I be betaing: (Pairing, fandom, possible rating and anything you find relevant.)

Your writing schedule: (How often do you think you will expect me to beta? I am flexible and will beta often.)

What you expect from me: (Anything you expect.)

• 1 year later...

Email: laurie.wooster.girl@gmail.com

Would you like me as a long term or short term beta: whichever you would prefer after reading the first chapter!

What will I be betaing: semi-Jim Gordon/Harvey Bullock Gotham (tv series currently on Fox in the US) R/NC-17 the first chapter has a date-rape.

Your writing schedule: don't have a fixed schedule

What you expect from me: mostly would like tips/advice on the date-rapey scene. Anything else you want to do.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.