Click Here!

Review Replies: And We Continue On

RogueMudblood

pittwitch - LMAO! I don't think your writing is forced either, and I truly appreciate the compliment!

I promise, I'm not aiming to desecrate your childhood memories. :) Rudy will still adhere to a lot of the characteristics he displayed in the movie, but Phoebe I get to play with quite a bit because she's going to have developed a lot more.

I'm very glad that it didn't come across as stiff. I hope to have fun with this one exploring the classic horror genre while bringing in a few newer elements as well. Hopefully, I can keep you interested, and not give you nightmares. ;)

Thank you so very much for taking the time to read and review! I truly appreciate it!

My writing always feels forced and stiff, lol. I hate it most of the time.

I loved this little desecration. Write more, please?

• 4 weeks later...

pittwitch - Thank you! I did try. :) Personally, I'm wondering how long my Rudy muse is going to make it before he demands I fast-forward and write a scene the story's not ready for just so he can have a little respite. :P

Seriously, thank you for taking the time to read and review. I truly appreciate it! :wub:

• 1 month later...

BronxWench - Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review! I truly appreciate it.

And thank you for the praise. I'm always glad to know that someone enjoyed the story! :)

I was a bit stuck with the last prompt (the scene I wrote felt forced thus I obliterated it), so unfortunately, I didn't make it in time for the deadline. But I do hope to manage that one adequately as well as the current prompt (in a fifth chapter, of course! :P ).

I hope you continue to enjoy the story!

BronxWench - You made my day! I wasn't expecting two more reviews, but I'm glad you enjoyed the read! I shall endeavor to keep intriguing you. :)

I'm glad I could interest you in a fandom you weren't familiar with! If you ever do have the opportunity to watch the movie, bear in mind the script was written for teenagers, and it's not overly sophisticated. I'm attempting to "raise the bar." I loved the movie when I was a kid, and its focus on the specific "Universal Monsters" has, as an adult, raised so many "what if.."s on the other creatures of that group that were never addressed.

I've got to finish the sheet I'm working on, but then I'll get to work on some writing! :D

BronxWench, thank you for your lovely reviews! I really appreciate that you take the time to read and review.

I'm very glad you're enjoying the story.

Many thanks for letting me know I got the realism on the little girl spot-on. I always think that even though it feels right in the scene to me, it won't to anyone else. Knowing that it did come across as intended is the highest compliment I could receive, so a profuse thanks for that.

You flatter me by saying that this is enthralling. I fear I may not live up to expectations, but I shall endeavor just the same. :) I'm glad that you are enjoying the story, and I'm grateful to you for letting me know that I'm actually conveying what I wish to in my attempts at writing.

Thanks again for reading, and I hope I can keep you interested!

anesor - Thank you for taking the time to read and review!

I do try to pay attention to the details - it makes the story so much more realistic and fluid. I'm glad that you enjoyed that aspect of it!

I hope I can continue to deliver the detail while integrating the prompt words and still meeting the word count requirements.

I'm glad you enjoyed the read, and certainly hope you continue to read and enjoy. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Demonadine - Thank you for taking the time to read and review!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. :D I'm trying to keep the aspect of the campy humor that was present in the movie. Even so, I do want it to explore the pseudo-horror aspect as well, so do bear in mind that it will venture into that realm eventually.

With each of the chapters being short (as determined by the requirements of the challenge), building up to that without losing the characteristics of Rudy and still maintaining an air of mystery has certainly presented some intriguing moments in the writing process for me. It's good to know that the approach I've been using is actually being perceived as intended. :)

I hope you continue to read and find the piece enjoyable!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

BronxWench - Wow, two reviews! :D

I really am happy that you're enjoying the story. :) I suppose I could have fit the last week's prompt in with this as well, but the other idea came to me so clearly, I just had to tell that story. (Of course, it's Melrick's fault. ;):tongue2: )

I'm glad you're enjoying the play between Rudy and Phoebe. You flatter me with your description of my writing, and I'm truly please you find it so! :blush:

I do hope that you continue to enjoy this tale.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.