Click Here!

FF7: Cloud relives the storyline repeatedly, hoping to change it

Aerawyn

I believe this story was a one-shot (if not it's still quite short). It's rather dark.

Reeve contacts Cloud about a new materia he discovers that has the ability to send the user back in time. Though Reeve warns him not to, Cloud activates the materia and goes back to the time when he and Zack escape from Hojo's lab in the hopes of changing his and everyone's fate. Unfortunately, Cloud is incapable of altering the events at all and has to relive the entire plot knowing what will happen and being powerless to prevent it.

It's implied that Cloud repeats this attempt to change history every time he reaches the point in the storyline where Reeve gives him the materia.

I swear I read it here on AFFnet not that long ago, but I've been digging through the FF7 section and haven't been able to find it yet. It's possible I read it on FFnet. Google is failing me; I'm hoping it didn't get pulled down as it was one of the most interesting stories I've read in a long while. Hopefully it's just older than I remember; years of reading fanfiction do tend to blend together, as I'm sure many others have experienced.

Please let me know if you know the title, author, or have a link. Many thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.