Click Here!

Need a New Beta

Though I'm loathe to do this, I desperately need a new beta reader. I'm going ok on my own, but it's always good to have someone give it another pass over.

Things you need to to know:

-I write for a lot of different fandoms, but usually only one at a time. Most frequently, I write for the FF7 fandom and that's what's caught me up right now.

-My preferred FF7 pairing is Rufus/Reno (Renoru). I also write some less explicit romances/genfic for ff.net. I'm a Turks/Shinra fangirl (as you can probably tell from my name tag) and my vision is pretty much solid at this point. Such things can be discussed privately, of course. Mind you, constructive criticism is welcome, but I think we should at least see eye to eye when it comes to fandom/fanon outlook.

-I need someone who is willing to look not just for typos or spelling errors but awkward word smithing. Though I have learned to edit things down for myself, my first draft of a story always has some twisty phrasing and sentence convolution. I'm extremely verbose and I need someone who can say, "ok, not bad, but hey, let's dial down the pretension a little."

-I'm not difficult to work with, but I can admit to being old and set in my ways.

Let's talk a little first. I must confess that my last beta reader and I were very close and eventually pretty much became each others muses. Time and real life separated us and anyway, I don't think I'll ever be able to stop writing erotica and he's since sworn off of it. You know how that goes....

• 2 months later...

Did you find a new beta or are you still taking applications?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.