Click Here!

Cannot add chapter to story

Guest PurpleOwl

Guest PurpleOwl

Hello!

I tried adding a chapter to my story everything went fine until the add chapter part where this page appeared saying:

POST to /base/trans.php not supported.

Not sure what happened or how to go around it...

PurpleOwl

Please advise:

Which browser and version are you using?

Which OS?

And what version of Java do you have?

These details will help DG to determine the issue.

Also, what part of the archive are you adding to? (anime, originals, etc)

Edited by RogueMudblood

Guest Guest

I'm on windows 8, have been for a since I'm a member here.

I'm using Firefox, java has last updated this morning with 10.21.2.11

I'm adding to HP.
I tried to copy/paste using the windows paste icon.

Try doing a copy/paste directly to the text box without using the Word paste icon. I usually get a second popup box with an advisory that my browser didn't support the paste, but I can then copy/paste into the popup box with no issues.

I have to admit, I don't have Win8 and won't be getting it anytime soon. I'll wait until they fix it, like Win7 fixed Vista's holes (I skipped Vista, too.) But this means I can't replicate your issue to see where it might be going awry.

Let me ask one more thing and see if that could be it. Do you have third party cookies enabled in Firefox? And do you have JavaScript enabled? These settings might have changed if your version of Java changed. It's worth a check.

Neither do I, and the only thing I can say might be a factor is something with Win8.

I have heard that it tends to have some memory holes, and programs don't actually shut down even if you close them. It's always a possibility that clearing your cache and restarting the computer might close something that was open in the background and conflicting. But aside from something like that, it's not making sense to me for it to stop working, unless it's the new Java update.

Hopefully our tech admin will have a few answers when she's back around tomorrow. I'm sorry we couldn't solve this easily.

I've got part of the problem figured out, and will fix that shortly. But, it's only part of the problem. The biggest issue is the OS itself, unfortunately. I'll let you know when I've finished upgrading the rte, and then tell me if you're still having the same issue.

Back to the .php error for a moment, because my brain is strange and retrieves data at the oddest times, it may be that there are certain symbols used in your document, maybe in an author's note, that are translating as tags?

I recall someone having everything cut off after incorporating <3 into her text, and it drove us nuts until we figured it out.

You're welcome! Apparently, IE 10 has issues with embedded apps, which is what a rich text editor is. In the meantime, I have the coder checking the newest version of it, to be sure that if I upgrade, I won't screw up what she's doing behind the scenes while we're still running both old and new stuff. Until I get the go ahead from her on that, I won't be doing that upgrade

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.