Click Here!

Only Human Discussion and Review Response Thread

Hyperminimalism

I thought I'd give this a try, see how it works. Here is my thread for Only Human. Take a peek if you haven't already, but I'd like to respond to my reviewers to take the time to reply.

EDIT: Sorry! I had the wrong link up until someone pointed it out. xD Thanks, Lisa!

Edited by Bun

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter Nineteen - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Lisa:

Well, very exciting events have happened since the last chapter. haha

I would have thought Elliot would be too scared to try and 'sneak' to Michel's motel room. He knows damn well where the cameras are, and even though he tried to sort of bypass one of them, it didn't work. Now he has to trust Glenn (who I wouldn't trust at all). He's also lucky Fenwick or anyone else looking at the footage wasn't the one who recognized him. Unless him, Glenn and Maria are the only ones watching it...

Terrific chapter Dee!

You would think Elliott would be scared, but at this point, he sure as hell doesn't give much of a damn at this point, mainly because he is so far past having crossed the line with Michel that there isn't any going back. Regardless of what he was doing in the motel room--which they don't have any evidence of--he can still get in quite a bit of trouble.

As for Glenn, well, he doesn't trust him despite their being partners. Of course Elliott doesn't trust him, but Elliott has seen a bit of a change in Glenn. While Glenn presents himself in the same manner, there is a different way in which Glenn follows through. Glenn is being truthful with him this time and Elliott can see that. The way I was going with it was a bit of character development on Glenn's part. Yes, he's been an asshole and yes he's been truly heinous to Elliott. He's secretly "tattled" on him by asking Cole to do his dirty work, thus spreading Elliott's secret. He's just been a downright prick. But he wasn't expecting the kind of backlash that followed. And not just the way people reacted toward him when they found out, but the sickness and death of his father, etc. Glenn is--in a way--maturing--to the point where he realizes Elliott is on the brink of completely losing it. He's been there for a little while and if Glenn pushes, who knows what'll happen.

In a way, he was being honest when he said he didn't care about what Elliott did with Michel. He doesn't care. What he cares about is following through with the case and not creating anymore bumps along the way. As long as Elliott is able to control himself and keep a handle on things, Glenn couldn't care less. Glenn knows he's not perfect either. He's not been the perfect image of a detective/cop and he knows Elliott is aware of that. Part of him thinks that, with the way sometimes Elliott snaps at him, that Elliott might turn on him (Elliott has ammo against him, too). Part of it is out of fear. Most of it is out of apathy.

But he is "growing" in some ways. He realizes he needs to pick and choose his battles, and perhaps Glenn DOES have some hidden feelings in that blackened heart of his. He's not entirely a dick, but for the most part--yes, he is. He's just not so dickish that he would do the same thing and torture Elliott by bringing this to the higher up's attention.

As for who is watching the footage, Elliott, Glenn and Maria tend to watch most of it unless it needs to be reviewed by a higher authority like Fenwick. For instance, any kind of footage they can use in a case against Frank and whoever else they end up arresting. This is probably why Elliott didn't bother so much to hide the fact that he was visiting Michel because he knows Maria probably wouldn't tell if she knew. He just so far past giving a rat's ass at this point.

Edited by Bun

• 2 weeks later...

Anise:

(20) It was interesting to see how Michel and Elliot are progressing, I had wondered if they would lose that slight awkwardness that seemed to sit between the two of them. But they seem to be doing well together and yet there does seem to be something missing in the relationship, it's difficult considering the circumstances.

I had also been wondering what would happen if Elliot was found on the security camera. Glenn's a bit of an enigma, you can never really be certain how he will deal with any given situation. That he doesn't care isn't much of a surprise but he does strike me as someone who may hold onto something just to bring it up later. Hopefully he learned to be a little more cautious after the email incident but you can never tell with that guy.

I can't believe we're nearing the end, I'm looking forward to seeing how you wrap things up, great chapter :)

It's still a little difficult to me to pinpoint how I want my characters to react to one another as I have not fully 'developed' them, if you will. While I have a pretty good grasp on who they are, that is the fun in brainstorming, writing and rewriting (which I do A LOT). You never know what you'll come up with. Especially when you've got people to talk to to bounce around ideas with. Fortunately, I've had this in the past, but it has not been a constant. There are still a lot of things about Michel and Elliott that I am not sure of, such as how their relationship will progress after what happens next. I know what they are both feeling and I know what they want and don't want at this point in time, but there are still some uncertainties.

As for Glenn, well, I didn't like him being so one-dimensional in terms of the "bad guy". I felt like he needed to be something more than just, "jealous-partner-with-the-upper-hand-" / "good-cop-bad-cop". Glenn is a person, and while he has anger issues and some things he needs to work on, he does have feelings and he is capable of expressing them. In fact, most of the anger he's been expressing has formed out of fear. For instance, when the article spread around and when Cole and Elliott went head-to-head, Glenn did not expect that. He hesitated, actually tried to convince them that it wasn't a big deal and they needed to calm down, but that obviously didn't work. I don't know if you noticed that, but it was just one snippet of his emotions.

And, of course, this new development with the security footage. He really doesn't care what Elliott does, but that means on his personal time and as long as he doesn't make a big deal out of it or bring any attention to what he's doing. Glenn is looking out for his own ass and no one else's. There is going to be another turning of a new leave in the next chapter. Glenn will show a side of himself that he hasn't showed before, and for good reason.

(21) I liked seeing Elliot and Michel interact with each other outside of sex, there's a friendship there which is good because they both seem to need a friend even more so than the sex :) Maybe when this is over they can figure out exactly what this is, for now they seem happy with the status quo.

I'm glad Elliot isn't so oblivious that he doesn't realize that it could be Glenn that was involved with the sent email. He's also smart and aware enough to realize that bringing it up now could cause more problems than if he just lets it go. You wonder if they'll be able to go on as normal or will this lead to some sort of blow-up, time will tell I suppose.

It was a nice little chapter before we got into what I assume is the action part of this whole investigation, although I do wish it was longer but that's just 'cause I'm greedy :D Looking forward to the next update :)

I wanted to bring Michel and Elliott's relationship back to how it started instead of leaving it how it had ended up. That's not to say it's no longer to the next level, but it has certainly matured to something past the point of just sex. Yes, they've had sex, but there is more to it. Much more. It started out as a soft place for Elliott to fall on, and it will always be that way. Despite coming from two different worlds and living opposite of one another, they have met a common ground and realized they are more similar than they think, than how society construes them.

It's funny that Glenn--of all people--simply does not care about what's going on between them. Elliott is smart and thorough. he could have simply met up with Michel at another location, but he didn't. There was a point in his life where he decided that he didn't care enough to take those precautions. He was at the end of his rope, thinking that even if he did get caught, it would've happened sooner or later and he'd be out of a job anyway. So Glenn's finding out about it didn't necessarily surprise Elliott. He knew exactly what Glenn had come to talk to him about early on in the brief confrontation.

I think I like the way everyone's relationships and characters are heading, but the plot does need to come to a head, and it will. Definitely look forward to the action as that it was is planned next.

FortunateM:

**Chapter – 19**

Do believe that subconsciously Elliott knew his rendezvous would be discovered and he was trying to be discreet rather than actually hiding.

Surprised that Elliott initiated a kiss between Michel and himself, as his personality would seem to reject an action that is far more intimate than a 'hand job'. Definitely could see him giving Michel a steady handshake and a ‘Thank you’, for his troubles.

However, it does seem, as if sex is quickly becoming part of how he connects with Michel, and though there is an unsaid mutual and respectable distance they are keeping, it will be interesting to see how that changes (if it does) as the story gathers momentum.

**Chapter 20**

Elliott is right to question the motives of Glenn. Glenn likes to pick his battles and do believe this is one far from over.

The whole indifference to their situation that Michel shows, and Glenn’s sudden awareness, has him questioning his reasons for walking into this relationship so readily without much recourse, irrespective of the heavy negative outcomes.

He is therefore questioning his feelings towards Michel, but he has yet to delve into the emotions that come with those feelings. It is not so much, what he feels, but how they affect him and that will determine how it affects the case.

Great updates and steeling for the next two days of the sting.

I have to admit, the kiss thing was hard for me to decide on. Elliott is a much more passionate person when it comes to sex. He doesn't just have sex. There are feelings behind it, although at first--for him--and at this time in his life, the first time had been just sex. When he came to his senses, and when they had sex again, Elliott felt a little more romantically involved; not necessarily to the point where love had blossomed, but the respect, the understanding and the mutual attraction played a bigger part.

Michel, on the other hand, can be romantic and passionate, but this was more of a 'just sex' situation for him. He likes Elliott, he respects him and he always has felt that way. I would say Michel feels a bit more concerned with how this man, this detective, is going about trying to act like nothing is wrong when he knows and has seen first hand that Elliott is torn up inside. There is genuine worry that exists, and he has no qualms helping out in other ways, although at first it was a little awkward. Michel just felt like being a bit reckless because he too had been going through some serious issues. He's afraid of what Frank will do to him if he is discovered, so he has to trust Elliott and Glenn will look out for him. And while he doesn't trust Glenn any further than he could throw him, he really does trust Elliott because he's seen that they're not so different.

So it's a little complicated when it comes to their relationship, and it's not over yet by any means. There will be changes with Glenn, Michel and Elliott and I look forward to sharing the next chapter with you. :D

• 3 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.