Click Here!

Disclaimer Issues?

Guest ReighHpFiction

Guest ReighHpFiction
I received this review from a moderator on my story "The Aftermath of War" in the Harry Potter Subforum.

Please add the proper citation(s).

Upon review of your story, it was observed that you cite/quote from another source or sources, but that it is not properly cited. It is not enough to add the source to your disclaimer, as that does not serve as a proper citation. Should you use extensive quotations and references, footnoting would be best in that instance.

If the citation(s) is/are not added, your story will be hidden from public view (but not deleted) after 7 days from the date of this warning. You may still add the citation(s) and the story will then be unhidden again as soon as possible. However, if the citation(s) is/are not added after your story has been hidden for 30 days, the story will be deleted. Re-uploads of hidden stories are deleted immediately with no additional warning given.

Below is a link to the Terms of Service in its entirety:

In addition, the next link listed is to the FAQ regarding citations:

We also recommend taking a few minutes to read the Content Guidelines:

You can remove this review once the citations have been added.

Thank you,

Danyealle, AFF Archive Moderator

As far as I am aware, I have only ever used the Harry Potter Universe as a source for my writing of this story. I went through the story again, twice, and I still cannot find these other supposed sources that your moderator is speaking of. She did not leave any specifics about these sources, so now I do not know how to fix this issue before the story is hidden from the public.

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what other sources I have apparently used other than Harry Potter this way I can properly disclaim them. Thank you.

The issue is that you used the school song from the books. As you pulled it directly, it has to be cited just like anything else.

Guest Guest

Ohhhh okay. Lol I'm sorry then I thought that the disclaimer was good enough. Can I just put like a (Song copyright J.K.Rowling) right into the text beside the quote?

mostly, you do need to add which book it's from to it. As she has several... you know LOL

perfect and, yup, that's where it's from. I didn't even have to drag my book out to check it when i saw it :lol: You're good to go and will note as corrected

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.