Click Here!

Email Notifications

shinigami69

Can someone please tell me how to I can get notifications when someone updates their story? Maybe an email notification? I guess it'd be like an alert over on FF.net... I was sort of hoping I wouldn't have to stick around and check up on the stories I wanted to read all the time but rather, get a notice that says they've updated. Is there something like that here?

Really? So then, I guess I just have to make a list of authors... Do you know if it will ever be able to do email notifications of stories?

Shinigami69 :jaws: Is your name from "Death Note" Actually the Shinigami are my favorite Characters on the show, both Light and the weird detective.... rub me the wrong way... I think the weird detective is more than he appears... he may be rightious, but he still very weird! :D

Just click on the stories you like, On Your Favorites Center on your computer and the AFF story pages will come up, at least it does on mine... then you can quickly check to see if the authors updated. Cal

Edited by Calanthee

*sighs* dunno if we're planning on doing that, but it'd be a long time before it would happen, if so. We have loads more work that MUST be done before adding something like that as a feature.

Aside from that, there is the question of protecting the member db at large from spam harvesters, among other things. Which is why email addresses themselves are hidden currently. Plus, we have no way in that piece of software to allow for secure mail, like you can do here in forum. By that I mean that if a user wants send another mail, the forum automatically masks your sending mail information and shows it as coming from the forum. So, as you can see, there is much to just mail funtions in programs like this in general that has to be looked at.

Shinigami69 :jaws: Is your name from "Death Note" Actually the Shinigami are my favorite Characters on the show, both Light and the weird detective.... rub me the wrong way... I think the weird detective is more than he appears... he may be rightious, but he still very weird! :D

Just click on the stories you like, On Your Favorites Center on your computer and the AFF story pages will come up, at least it does on mine... then you can quickly check to see if the authors updated. Cal

LOL I got the inspiration for my name partly from "Death Note" and partly from "Gundam Wing"'s Duo. Gawd, yes, Light and L are TOO WEIRD. But I adore the show, anyways. I can't believe Light is the main character but... well I can't seem to stop watching it!

'On Your Favorites Center'? I'm not sure if I have that... but I think if I just favorite the authors I like from the website then I can just check them every now and then. Rather annoying since I've gotten used to the system over on FF.net...

*sighs* dunno if we're planning on doing that, but it'd be a long time before it would happen, if so. We have loads more work that MUST be done before adding something like that as a feature.

Aside from that, there is the question of protecting the member db at large from spam harvesters, among other things. Which is why email addresses themselves are hidden currently. Plus, we have no way in that piece of software to allow for secure mail, like you can do here in forum. By that I mean that if a user wants send another mail, the forum automatically masks your sending mail information and shows it as coming from the forum. So, as you can see, there is much to just mail funtions in programs like this in general that has to be looked at.

Aw, well... that's too bad. But I'm glad about the email addresses being protected; it's nice to know. Well, thanks for answering my question!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.