Click Here!

2009 Profile available on site instead of 2013 profile?

EnergizeMe

post-25012-0-91669400-1363119329_thumb.png post-25012-0-29580600-1363119334_thumb.png

Please see the picture above to see the regions I refer to.... Red is outdated and wrong, green is updated and correct

Okay, here's the dealio. I can see my profile as normal, the 2013 profile whenever I click on my username as an author as a particular story. However, when I click on my name in the "active users" list in any sub domain I see the 2009 profile with the incorrect information in it. I'm using Firefox web browser. I cleared my cache, offline web documents, history, cookies, everything, and the problem still happens. Though, I"m not surprised because I didn't own this computer in 2009 so I don't know why it would have been my computer. Still, I did it anyway just in case! Also, I switched browsers and the problem still appears in Internet explorer.

This isn't really an urgent problem, it's just that there is some really terrible outdated information on it, including an email address that I never check any more. Whoooops! xD;

ah, okay! So it's absolutely normal? And I don't have to worry about that data being up for long is what it sounds like you're saying? Thanks! :D I know you've got Hell on your hands at the moment, and I didn't expect that someone would review this so quickly. ouo;

• 5 months later...

Is there any ETA as to when this is likely to happen as it has been quite a while since this was posted now.

The old profile has a link on it that lists my old username and obviously I cannot edit it out myself, so the sooner it is gone the better!

As we still have that part of the old code up for now, what I do is if a user asks me to empty the old profile, I empty the old profile. That's something I have to do in the database itself, so if you want it done, give me your user ID so I can remove that data.

The coder is not finished, so this part of the database does still remain.

From your current profile:

Someone told me that they couldn't review one of my stories on this site, so if you have trouble could you please use the link to Dreamwidth and leave a comment on the top entry to let me know? I'm always happy when I get a review and if the site is messing this up somehow I'd like to know so I can get it sorted out. (It could just have been a glitch, but it's been so long since I had any comments from this site that there's no way for me to know!)

Can you explain please what the issue was? Did they describe it at all? Because if it was while they were accessing an old link yesterday while DG was getting the URL redirect in place, that could explain it.

As far as I'm aware, there are no issues that would cause this. Now, if the user as banned from the site, and their complaint was that their profile was removed and they couldn't login to leave a review, frankly, we don't delete without reason.

If there is a technical issue, we'd prefer to be aware of it rather than users choosing to just post about it on their profiles, to be honest. Unlike some other sites, we pay attention to reports we receive. ;)

Sorry, all they said was that they went to review and it 'freaked out their computer' so they went and found me on FFN instead. I have no idea of what the problem was or if it has ever recurred as no-one has said anything and it's been a while.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.