Click Here!

Not able to edit chapters

Hello. I am trying to edit my stories, and finding it to be impossible. When I am in the control panel I can access the story, and go into edit chapter and select the chapter, but then nothing shows up in the text box. Its as if there is nothing in the chapter at all, but I've checked the archive and all the content is still there. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I'm using a new computer (the old lappy broke), and I'm not sure if that is the problem, or that I'm using Internet explorer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure I'm just overlooking something simple...

It's my understanding with IE that sometimes a browser restart will reset it, and sometimes a full restart of the computer will do the trick. There's absolutely no tech reason for that, just an observation on the lines of what my physics professor told me eons ago: If something isn't working, hit it. Roughly fifty percent of the time, you will fix the problem. The other fifty percent of the time? Well, it was already not working, so what did you lose? :D

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem. what gives? I was able to do it a few days ago. today, I had to login again. I had to reset my password. after I tried to edit my chapter, and I couldn't do it, I looked on my home page, and it said I don't exist. how could I not exist yet my stories still be here? it makes no sense

Hello, I'm having trouble with my account. I cannot edit, or add a chapter to my stories. Even with two different computers. ( windows 7, and windows 8 ) I'm also logged in, and have third party checked. The imput text, and browser page doesn't allow me to add text. Thanks.

Edited by v-zon20011

I need help! I can't edit or add chapters every time I try the text area is a solid block of gray like the border that surrounds the toolbar for the text area. I've tried all the suggestions you made in this thread, and nothing works. If you have any suggestions please let me know. Thank you.

I reset my windows 7 computer from I.E. 10 to I.E. 09. I can now access the text field.

My windows 8 computer still has I.E. 10, and there is no text field. I'm not going to bother changing the explorer on this one. Since I have the other one working. It's a real damper not to use ten. Thanks anyway. :2tubs:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.