Click Here!

Dream Writer Anyone?

Has anyone wrote a story based on a dream they had? I have done this and it seems to be a good way to start a good story. Right after I awaken I have a notepad and a pen ready before that dream fades away and I will forget about it. Just wondering if they are any dream writers here?

yep.

Paradise Gone

Office Mess

OH Brother

"Paradise Gone" was kind of a waking dream while I was waiting in line at the grocery store, glancing at magazine covers.

*Sigh* actually my 'Badfic', The vampire Alexxandra' is the result of a very naughty dream, watching 'Queen of the damned' and some killer writers block.

My Badfic

Guest Rosemarius

When I was around 16 I've been having a recurring nightmare for a few nights that scared the heck out of me, so one day I wrote down everything I remembered about it as to "trap" it on virtual paper. Reading this topic made me think about that one. And, going a little OT, now I wonder if I should post it, 'cause it has very disturbing content...and also, can you post stories you wrote when you were younger? 'cause I think I have read some rule against that, but I am not very sure.

When I was around 16 I've been having a recurring nightmare for a few nights that scared the heck out of me, so one day I wrote down everything I remembered about it as to "trap" it on virtual paper. Reading this topic made me think about that one. And, going a little OT, now I wonder if I should post it, 'cause it has very disturbing content...and also, can you post stories you wrote when you were younger? 'cause I think I have read some rule against that, but I am not very sure.

I would like to read it if you ever post it....

A lot of my ideas come from either dreams or daydreams. My current story, Winthrop Manor, is loosely based on a strange dream I had. The link is at the bottom of the page.

Sometimes the dreams I have are so streamlined and cognitive that I can just be stories that I just need to record while seeing it replay in my head. Others make no sense that I can only loosely base a story on them.

No my dreams don't become stories...But I've had the opposites. Dreams about characters I've created or like. They are (sadly) never pleasant though.

Usually I am being hunted down by one of them: In one dream there was a huge deserted city (like NY or Chicago) it looked to be in ruins. Martel from my story (an OC I created who is a hitman), and he was hunting me down. I think he actually wanted to kill my husband and was using me as bait.

I was running and running and sped around a corner when I ran right into Martel and he just grabbed me in his hard grasp and put a Glock pistol to my head. My husband and son where watching from around a ruined building and I remember of course being terrified.

Martel said something to the effect of "Come out of I will blow your wife's brains out all over the cement". But the husband and son remained half hidden. I remember I was mad at the husband for not trying to rescue me, but my logical mind also told me what could he do? He was unarmed and Martel wanted to kill him. If he came out then my whole family would be killed horrifically.

I remember Martel putting that Glock right up to my temple, how serious his face was, the coldness of the gun and the scent of gun oil. He pulled the trigger and time slowed down, I was bracing for the pain and impact I knew would come. The gun just CLICKED with a resounding and taunting noise as the hammer fell on an empty chamber.

Martel then just chuckled and called out "That was just a teaser, the next time I pull the trigger it won't be empty..." He shifted the gun to my temple and I thought my heart would explode out of my chest from fear. Needless to say I woke up!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have happy dreams unfortunately. All of mine are usually very terrifying and involve tornadoes destroying my home and me, strangers hunting me down, people killing or maiming my family, stuff like that. I do occasionally sleep walk and have sleep terrors, but I think alot of that bad dream crap is from growing up very physically and emotionally abused. Or maybe, I just have a screwed up brain that can't dream *nice* dreams. All of mine are sad or terrifying.

Ah well... <_<

Guest Rosemarius
No my dreams don't become stories...But I've had the opposites. Dreams about characters I've created or like. They are (sadly) never pleasant though.

Usually I am being hunted down by one of them: In one dream there was a huge deserted city (like NY or Chicago) it looked to be in ruins. Martel from my story (an OC I created who is a hitman), and he was hunting me down. I think he actually wanted to kill my husband and was using me as bait.

I was running and running and sped around a corner when I ran right into Martel and he just grabbed me in his hard grasp and put a Glock pistol to my head. My husband and son where watching from around a ruined building and I remember of course being terrified.

Martel said something to the effect of "Come out of I will blow your wife's brains out all over the cement". But the husband and son remained half hidden. I remember I was mad at the husband for not trying to rescue me, but my logical mind also told me what could he do? He was unarmed and Martel wanted to kill him. If he came out then my whole family would be killed horrifically.

I remember Martel putting that Glock right up to my temple, how serious his face was, the coldness of the gun and the scent of gun oil. He pulled the trigger and time slowed down, I was bracing for the pain and impact I knew would come. The gun just CLICKED with a resounding and taunting noise as the hammer fell on an empty chamber.

Martel then just chuckled and called out "That was just a teaser, the next time I pull the trigger it won't be empty..." He shifted the gun to my temple and I thought my heart would explode out of my chest from fear. Needless to say I woke up!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have happy dreams unfortunately. All of mine are usually very terrifying and involve tornadoes destroying my home and me, strangers hunting me down, people killing or maiming my family, stuff like that. I do occasionally sleep walk and have sleep terrors, but I think alot of that bad dream crap is from growing up very physically and emotionally abused. Or maybe, I just have a screwed up brain that can't dream *nice* dreams. All of mine are sad or terrifying.

Ah well... :P

:) Oh cielo! that's really sad!

*hugs Kanashii* :yes:

My dreams don't make enough sense to be made into stories. I mean, in one dream I had I was Indiana Jones. I was fighting off little blue people and then running from that big boulder. I was safe once I got into this maze of bedrooms. But then I had to rescue the daughter of the guy that hired me from the evil pink teddy bears. Would anyone actually ever want to read a story about that?

Though I did once have a dream that I was the first ever pregnant man. That one was interesting.

I dreampt once that I was a man....(actually, I'm every character in my dreams usually)...and I seduced this young woman on a river bank. It was kind of set in the 1800's, which I guess I had been reading some gothic novel, or had just watch Alan Rickman being Captain Andrew in one of those Jane Eyre stories. (was his character's name Andrew? can't remember now).

er...what was I saying? Got sidetracked there for a moment.

Anyway, I never wrote that one down, but I never did forget it. I think I not only robbed her of her virtue, but planted a seed, and damn, she loved it. Fuck it was good.

colonelbrandonwl4.jpg