Click Here!

Why Is It So Impossible To Convince A Girl That She's Beautiful?

DarkInuLord

Society, media, pop culture, you name it. Though for some of us it goes a lot deeper, too. Some of us end up with parents or grandparents who tell us at age 3 "No one likes a fat baby" - some of us are teased merceliously for years and never completely get over it.

As for me, I've battled with anorexia since I was 11. Nearly 12 years later I can count my ribs and my pelvic bone does stick out a bit - however there are times I'm still called fat despite being a siz 6/8 (depends on who makes the cothes). And do I still feel overweight and or generally unattractive - fuck yes. Also thanks to society, the media and jackasses like those your gf's run into on Yahoo.

Anyway, like everyone else has said, don't stop with the compliments. Don't entirely shower her with them either though because then she may think you're just saying those things just to make her feel better and given she may feel that way already, you don't want to add to it.

In the long run all you can really do is love her for her and let her know that - it's up to her to believe it and accept it

• 3 weeks later...
Seriously, girls? Why is it so hard?

My girlfriend is gorgeous, stunning even... She's calling herself fat, and she's not... She's 135, a healthy weight, not FAT.

Just because you can't see her pelvic bone sticking out three inches passed her stomach, doesn't mean she's fat... It's just... Gah... It's so hard to convince her, that she's beautiful, and she needs to stop putting herself down.

And now she's gone and made a Yahoo question thing about her weight... And some jack ass guys are making it worse... Halp?

You know, I think I may have seen that Yahoo Question post. :S

Anyway, speaking as a girl, a lot of girls don't make sense. Especially the skinny ones. I'm clinically overweight, and I look in the mirror and think "Yeah, I'm heavy. But damn I look good in my black dress." My best friend is underweight and pregnant, and she say "I'm fat! It looks terrible!" even though everybody has told her she looks better now that she's gained weight.

Unfortunately, if a girl is set on something, she won't admit defeat. Personally it bugs me when my boyfriend tells me I'm beautiful, simply because I'm happy thinking of myself as average. At average, there's no getting hurt when somebody calls you ugly, and there's no getting stupid when you get compliments. At the same time, though, I can't help but blush and want to smother my boyfriend with affection when he compliments.

Quite simply I think it's stubborness. Try directing her attention to a a real flaw. If she's focussing on fixing something that needs improvment, she won't have time for ridiculous weight thoughts.

Well, from my experience and observations, I can tell that what makes a girl really attractive is her conviction that she really is :angry:

No, I dont't mean vanity or overestimating. I mean the belief that I AM attractive. Not slim, not 'beautiful-faced', not a hot 175cm model, but a woman who can make men's hearts beat a little faster. I believe that what is in my mind can have a bigger impact than what I have as a cover, although this impact comes a bit later. It lasts longer and is far more subtle and fascinating :lol:

So, never mind if you see your legs as greek columns, if you think your hair is too thin or whatever... just BELIEVE that your beauty is within and make others believe it too :D

My friend used to say: "Men are not dogs... They are not after bones :D "

• 1 month later...