Click Here!

Minimum Character Age?

Gamecrazy500

Of the same age? Hm. Good question. Most of the people I know for real (and who are also around my age) started experimenting way early. Some of us were seven or younger. But it can make for an awkward read, sometimes. Or maybe I'm just old-fashioned. (I do have such tendencies, so I wouldn't be surprised.)

However, I will also say that as long as you feel comfortable writing it, you will probably find people who are comfortable reading it here. We're pretty open-minded people, I think. So, in that respect, I don't think the age matters. Average that I've noticed in public is that a lot of people are having sex as pre-teens, 10-12 and such, but there are always those who dive in early or who want to take their time.

And maybe I like to argue both sides of debates. ;)

I'm pretty sure I saw zygote on zygote action in the HP fandom. After that, it's hard to think.

>.< Did the zygotes get pregnant, and was it properly tagged?

• 5 months later...

To all readers. In a sexual exploration story between two characters of the same age what is the minimum age under which you would consider such a story acceptable?

I write PHINEAS AND FERB stories, and the focus is either on the kids (who are around 11) or the teens (who are around 15). My feeling is that because these characters are precocious in virtually every way, it makes sense that they would be sexually precocious, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I wrote one fan fic where a character was 14, borderline to 15 about a decade ago. I felt really strange when I wrote that one, so never repeated that specific age range in any other stories I have written. For me it is very difficult to give a very young person a well-rounded emotional response that can be believed. Outside of a clinging need to be accepted taken to an overwhelming extreme, pre teen and the like feel somehow stilted or unnatural when it comes to portrayals of their emotional responses. Guess I obviously can not write such material without it sounding empty of anything meaningful. Without the meaningful interaction ques, my personal writing style is ruined.

Due to being aware of the strengths, and weakness within my own writing style, I keep sexual encounters to older teenagers, or higher age ranges because the emotional overtones are more obvious, and emotions are easier to convey. A sixteen year old with raging hormones quickly convince themselves they are in love, and push the envelope on the emotions perceived. Radical emotional ques do flavor every intimate scene I write. A much younger person would not normally embody such emotionally evocative writing because they do not have as much interpersonal relationship skills and knowledge as an older teenager. I'm sure some writers can write compelling pre teen sex, however, I for one am not among their ranks.

• 9 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.