Click Here!

The Higher Levels Seem To Be Heading For Outer Space....

Calanthee

We need some kind of weapon or weapons, magic or otherwise,... to bring down people's levels and make the game more challenging and fun... we go up levels too quickly an easily... I think, let me know if you think I am wrong people!

ONE WEAPON FOR EACH OF THE RANGE OF LEVELS BELOW

1st Level to 20th Level= 1-5 points taken off level some kind of random save NO MONEY LOSS

20th Level to 40th Level = 5-10 points taken off level some kind of random save NO MONEY LOSS

As for the great beyond 40th LEVEL or up there in outerspace = 25-50 points taken off Level if save is lost... whither save is made or not ten level are lost NO MONEY LOSS

The Devil's Backdoor

The most devastating weapon of all: levels 1 to infinity are reduced to 0/Zero unless save is made,but if the one attacked saves he is safe WITH NO MONEY LOSS!

But sadly, the initially attacker, who dared to use the Devil's weapon is reduce to ZERO LEVELS, ZERO HP, AND ZERO MONEY/ GILS! OOps! You loss your soul too as well, I forgot!

HE/SHE WHO USES THIS WEAPON MUST SUCCEED OR DIE !

Just a few ideas that were rattling around in my head, sorry if it rattles too much lately.

Sincerely, Calanthee

Edited by Calanthee

Hmmm ...

OK, this is not criticising but ...

Well, I'm the level I am because I spent time playing it, and working hard for the level I am. It's enough to look at the number of suicides I have and the number of deaths. Now losing something I have earned ... honestly ...

Nope, thanks, I'll pass.

what teeta said. :lol:

Aside from that, I haven't had the time to devote to playing and building levels, but that is on ME, not the higher ranked players. I mean think about it.....here I was the first member to JOIN the guild I belong to, and am one of the lowest ranked players. MY fault entirely. How quickly one advances depends on how much time and work one is willing to put into it after all.

To all and Especially, Laaerie,

Okay I stand rebuked, no one liked my idea...that's well and good...It was simply and idea. I use to be Rpg Gamer, the idea in the game was to keep the levels lower, so all the player characters were not gods playing against .... lower levels character... so every one had a chance. If you don't like my idea that fine, its your right

It was not my thought to insult anyone such as you "Laaerie Darling" I though my ideas were more of an equalizer which would gave all levels a chance, but you accusing me of cowardice and Laziness and that I am picking on people who are slow, certainly that is not what I am after at all... so sorry it just not true. If you took it that way your wrong, but I appologise any way, if I hurt your IBpro feelings.

I thought I was helping with my suggestion, if you prefer, to keep it all in your private little group on this forum, and not have me make suggustions, just let me knew, beside lol this forum keeps me away from writing my smutty stories, so I shouldn't spend so much time on here, anyway.

Hurt and accused of something that is not true, Old DM from way back, Calanthee

I'm sorry but I see those 'Bring the level down' weapons as something born out of cowardice and laziness, if you want to play the game, then play it, just because some people are slower (or have less time to play the game) doesn't mean that you should be able to just do away with them with a weapon as such.

I did many suicide attacks and had fun and ranted to up my level, and died a lot! An then... heck I revive... and play again. But never thought "Hhhmmm I wish that person was of lower level" I actually thought "my goal is to up TO HIS/HER level and attack!"

so... nerrrr~~~

Edited by Calanthee

While I don't agree with her idea, I do find Calenthee's reasoning sound. Ever since the game went free-for-all, it's become much more difficult to advance then when there were limits to who we could and could not attack. It served as a way to keep the higher level players from basically abusing the lower level ones, which is basically what's happened at this point. Before now, Keith and Teeta might not have been able to fight as often, but at least it was reasonable for a lower level player to chance attacking them.

Now, they're what 15+ levels higher? So they have higher hitpoints, higher strength, and reload faster than anyone else. I use to be able to show up, take a couple of fights, and may or may not be dead when I checked. Now, out of the last ten times I've tried to play, I've just been told I'm dead. Why did the level caps come off?

If I may say a word ... Just a word.

Taking off the levels caps didn't make me fight against those down, down below me. Actually, I only fight Keith, Shirotaka, and well, you, foe ... well, tough luck, I'm killed by Keith and Shirotaka, too *shrugs*

And there ARE limits to it because I'm only able to kill you 10 times within 24 hours and as we're probably in different time zones I hope it means you actually get some time off me.

read the topic, and see the basic reason for MAKING it a free for all. We have over 1600 members on this board, so it's not like the playing field is exactly TINY.

This is a very simple game module if you think about it. You attack someone. You either frag 'em, hurt 'em and win, they retaliate hurt you more and you lose, or you suicide. It wasn't written to have equalizers built in, or anything of that nature. By attacking those of much lower levels (such as a level 1), depending on YOUR level is how many XP you actually get for your attack. Also depends on which weapon you use. Use a weapon that guarantees instant annihilation, you get less XP. Someone is 10 levels below you or more, you get no points, JUST XP. The higher your level and the lower the level of the person you're attacking makes for less XP each time. So, after a certain point in level advance, it becomes pointless to attack those of much lower levels, unless you are looking to spark a reaction and participation. Pique the user's curiosity. THAT is why it was turned into a free for all.

So, after a certain point in level advance, it becomes pointless to attack those of much lower levels, unless you are looking to spark a reaction and participation. Pique the user's curiosity. THAT is why it was turned into a free for all.
Yeah, there's no real benefit to slamming the first levels that are in the game.

Attacking those that are outside of it may increase the numbers. Sometimes i just go through a thread in the Games section and take out anyone with no EXP.

Hitting up a handful of first level fighters, there's no cash and the EXP isn't worth the cost of the restoratives.

Of course, while i'm dead about once every four times i come to the board, i'm far more likely to find every acceptible target dead.

I would just revive teeta and kill, but it seems unsporting to do that if i do have nine other legal targets that are alive. But they're down in levels 1 through ten.... I think this will be a self-correcting problem over time. Attacking upwards has always been legal (if suicidal), while downwards is so easy it's not worth it.

Guest Rosemarius

as somebody already said if I am not wrong, there are ways to attack the stronger ones, even if you are like level 6 and they are level 30 or more:

That's how you do it:

-Get a few allies for your plan

-buy a good amount of "revive" potions

-Go kamikaze and attack him/her, then warn your allies you are dead. One of them revives you and then goes kamikaze when his turn comes.

In the end, you should be able to kill that person.

So everyone can be killed. You just need strategy. There may be other ways, so have fun discovering them all!

Also depends on which weapon you use. Use a weapon that guarantees instant annihilation, you get less XP.

I'm trying to figure out if there's any sort of strength vs. damage correlation on the weapons.

I mean, i just attacked with a freaking Knife, used 2 STR and inflicted 82 hit points of damage.

Is that because of my level? Because i don't recall inflicting 82 freaking points when i was a noob. Of course, way back in the before time, no one HAD 82 HP to bleed out...

It's just weird.