Click Here!

Virus threat

Aysha c.c.

Guest MysteriousGirlYashie

MysteriousGirlYashie Here, yea been getting that error as well its bloody annoying but i just breeze past it i get it for other websites to. I even got it for DeviantArt 0_o

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so...I closed out and got back in, then I cleared my cache and cookies, still got it. Like I said before, I'm not worried about it, because I also went on a couple sites that gave me the thumbs up (from McAfee and Norton) and it doesn't bother me at all, they both say the site is clean. It's just a major pain in my ass when someone asks for a story and I have to deal with that as I get on, but I never get it after getting past it.

The red warning screen only comes up when I first type in the address.

Also as a note: My friend has gotten it and nothing is wrong with her computer, and she runs...runs...I completely forgot what her virus protection is but I know she has one.

Guest Guest

For some reason, the Reported Attack Site has been coming up again. I stopped getting that for the past week, but it's made an appearance again, since 10 mins ago. I'm using Firefox.

yes, we're aware. Two of us on staff are getting it as well. As we're the only two around, there isn't really a lot we can do, SORRY! DG will be home sometime this afternoon.

We know, trust me >< The site is clean and it appears, the best we can guess, is it's Google.

Okay, not only did the hp,adultfanfiction,net site come up as Malware, so did the Forums when I tried to come here at first. I took screen shots. I don't think it's my browser - Google Chrome - because it's only the AFF sites that are affected.

This has been a problem for a couple of weeks now. It stopped for a few days, now it's back. What is going on?

I use Firefox and after the issue was fixed, I didn't get warnings. Today I went onto the site and am getting the warning once again. WTF?!

We know, trust me >< The site is clean and it appears, the best we can guess, is it's Google.

But... Firefox isn't owned or run by Google, so it can't be Google. Are you sure it's not something attached to an advertisement somewhere?

post-6163-0-38217200-1363109804_thumb.jpg

post-6163-0-95927200-1363109838_thumb.jpg

Google controls who gets blacklisted-look at the thumbs you sent. That's who sent them.

Google controls kicking up malware warnings for every browser on the web, not just chrome. Every site that gets hit with a warning like that shows it comes from google.

Okay... well, I checked with Google and what needs to happen to make this stop is you need to go request a malware review.

Request a malware review:
  1. On the Webmaster Tools Home page, select the site you want.
  2. Click Health, and then click Malware.
  3. Click Request a review.

This will alert Google that they need to check your website and see if there really is malware or not. Once it's cleared, users will stop getting the malware warning.

:)

A single source blacklist for browsers and AV programs that is easy to give false reports to.....

And the only sites I ever get warnings on just happen to be story sites where some of the stories are controversial.......

Every heard of the story of the Google who cried wolf?

It's very frustrating for us, believe me. We KNOW our site is not carrying malware, but Google in its monolithic stupidity does not seem to be able to grasp the concept that they are the ONLY ones finding issues. We pay for a service now to sweep our site. No other service is reporting issues. Only Google. And after they have managed to disrupt our site traffic, do you think they will issue an apology for their error? Hardly. They just do it again. ><

frustrated does not begin to cover how I feel about this.

I just rechecked everything, searched the domain for the links that don't exist that are being said as the malware hosters..

note what I said about not existing? As in, the links are not ANYWHERE. Not in any file, nothing.

It gets better. The script that is the so-called malware is the banner invocation code, which is unchanged. The file for the banner invocation code hasn't been changed for a couple years. I would know.

Google is kicking up a fit over something that they could easily take down and fix. Like I said, I haven't had the warning since I last posted in the Red Page of Doom (I think?) and it's fine for me ._. I really hope this gets fixed, I know it's annoying for not only the users but the staff and DemonGoddess.

• 4 months later...
Guest Valondra

I just got the red page of doom when I used Comodo Dragon (runs off Chrome's servers) when I tried to access the Naruto section. You might want to look into this.

DG - screen:

comodo_err_zps7126ab17.png

That's the only place I got it on Comodo, and I didn't get it on any other browser (not even Chrome) - have it running off of Comodo DNS server. Not sure if Chrome's is different, but would think so, since not giving error there.

Also, there's a function there to let you report back to them regarding the supposed malware.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.