Click Here!

Virus threat

Aysha c.c.

Guest Lauren Thomas

I got it on FireFox, but it isn't showing up anymore, so whatever it was isn't a problem anymore. I didn't do anything with my cookies or anything, it sorted itself out.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shadowstarprincess Pridest

Well when i go to add another story like on chrome it doesn't even show the options it complete blank and when i go use explorer. I cant even copy and paste my story into the box and i tried everything i knew to fix it and nothing worked

If you're getting a completely blank page, then it's likely that you are not logged in.

You need to use the login fields in the upper right corner only. I suggest you clear your cache and cookies as outlined here, and then log in using the upper right fields after restarting the browser.

The Internet Explorer issue is one I really can't advise you about. I honestly never use that browser.

Same for me despite clearing cache and cookies, listing the page as an exception, and offering three plagiarists to the Google gods as a sacrifice.

What is the current listing status for adultfanfictionnet.net?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer

You see the domain given? It's the parked domain. Which has no files on it. At ALL.

Just for shits and giggles, I checked my webmaster tools cp again. No malware. This means I CANNOT get google to do anything about this.

Oh, I'm just ignoring it and blowing past the warning. It's irritating, but I'm only getting it for the archive index page and profiles. The last time Google checked, according to today's red page of stupidity, was 3/2/2013. We're suspicious, we're not suspicious, we're an intermediary... they can't even agree with their own warnings.

Guest Mya Malfoy

Just wanted to let you know - between 3/1 and 3/4 I was getting the malware warning from Chrome and it was blocking the HP part of the site, at least. I was just ignoring it and going on it anyway. Finally, I got fed up with it, I turned the malware protection, then back on, then emptied cache and temp files, then closed and reopened Chrome and no more malware warning! I think it was f***ing Chrome having a seizure.

Guest Castielskitten

I finally blew past the malware warning on Google Chrome. It was not coming in on our Firefox and I have stories I need to update and put up. Hopefully it goes away before April hits (yes I normally give it a month) my anti-virus ain't even saying a thing and I use Avast! Antivirus. I've even checked for myself about the status of the site on safeweb.norton.com and everything was a green light and on siteadvisor.com which is by McAfee which also gave me a green light and my WOT isn't showing a red light, it's in the dark green.

I just hope this gets going soon, I'm going to hate having to blow by that every time.

Guest Castielskitten

I finally blew past the malware warning on Google Chrome. It was not coming in on our Firefox and I have stories I need to update and put up. Hopefully it goes away before April hits (yes I normally give it a month) my anti-virus ain't even saying a thing and I use Avast! Antivirus. I've even checked for myself about the status of the site on safeweb.norton.com and everything was a green light and on siteadvisor.com which is by McAfee which also gave me a green light and my WOT isn't showing a red light, it's in the dark green.

I just hope this gets going soon, I'm going to hate having to blow by that every time.

Just thought I add, I ran a virus scan and came up clean. So I'm assuming that Google has yet to do anything about the malware warnings going out to Google Chrome users?

Just thought I add, I ran a virus scan and came up clean. So I'm assuming that Google has yet to do anything about the malware warnings going out to Google Chrome users?

That's pretty much it.

Castielskitten here (forgot to sign in earlier) Well hopefully they get to work and get it going. I'm sure quite a few Chrome users such as myself will be sick and tired of seeing that warning pop up. I was going to wait but I got a little impatient and I still don't have a problem and I've been on Adultfanfiction this entire time.

Castielskitten here (forgot to sign in earlier) Well hopefully they get to work and get it going. I'm sure quite a few Chrome users such as myself will be sick and tired of seeing that warning pop up. I was going to wait but I got a little impatient and I still don't have a problem and I've been on Adultfanfiction this entire time.

Oh, I know. I'm a Chrome user, and I've been on AFF throughout the whole mess. I've been blowing past the warnings all along, and ran scans on my system more for the giggles. I came up clean as well.

And amazingly, Google has a dozen ways to report a site, but no way to bitch about a false report BY Google.

Unsurprisingly, the "contact page" for the Google Chrome app by itself shows only this:

Contacting Us

Our goal is to help you get the fastest answer to your question. Here's how you can find what you're looking for:

Hm. No form, no e-mail, no phone number.... shocking. <_<

And the main webpage is no better. As I said, multiple ways to report a website, none to point out to Google that they screwed up.

I guess Google is perfect, huh? :blink:

Yeah pffft XD. I came back on to upload a story and I got that warning. I went: WE MEET AGAIN GOOGLE CHROME WARNING PAGE. *strokes pretend goatee*

I haven't even had a single notice from my Avast! Antivirus at all. I'm not even worried about it no more.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.