Click Here!

What's Your Favorite Food?

greenwizard

With all the depressing subjects out there I thought maybe I would lighten the mood :D Let's get to know each other and talk about our favorite foods!

I love love love Italian. If anyone wants to get me to eat, all they have to do is wave something with lots of pepperoni, tomato sauce, and cheese under my nose. My overall favorite is a toss up between lasanga and pizza. A friend just came over to check on me and brought a homemade pepperoni pizza.... I'm so full I can't move. He is so evil he knew I wouldn't be able to resist!

I really like fruit too. Fresh fruit is the best. Canned is all soggy. It doesn't get much better than fresh picked wild strawberries.

sushi and anything that involves pasta and/or mushrooms. if it's covered in enough cheese, i'll eat it, even though my cholesterol is bad enough as it is :D

I LOVE KOREAN FOOD~! X3 My favorite dishes that I love to eat is Mu Sangchae (Spicy Radish Salad), Ggongchi Gui (Grilled Mackerel), Kimchi Jjigae (Kimchi Hot Pot or Soup), Boolgogi (Fire Meat), Kalbi (Korean Barbecue Beef), Spicey Beef, Bop (Rice and LOTS OF IT), Kimchi Ramen, Peppero (also known as Pocky), Shrimp Chips, and CHOCOLATE (Godiva is what I prefer)!!!! Yeah, if anyone can cook this, you have won me! X3;

So far, only my mother can make this and I have yet to find anyone else who can make this as good as her. I can't cook to save my life... otherwise, I would eat this allll the time! >.<;

Lasanga, sushi, chocolate, and for pizza toppings it would be pineapple, bacon and hamburger. Whipped frosting in milk chocolate is another fave, brownies, cupcakes and yellow cake with chocolate iciing. Meatball sub, almost any japanese dish except hot dishes. Chicken curry and shrimp curry, shrimp, strawberry, chocolate and vanilla ice cream, doughnuts.

Beth

My favs...hmm...there aren't many but a vast variety. LOL

Mexican...I love Mexican, the more spice the better!

Italian...hubby's Italian, and he's the one who cooks. I'm only good for Mac & Cheese or a meatloaf...and spaghetti (though I can nuke almost anything). LOL

Ham Roll-Ups...if it wasn't for piggies, I could SO be a vegetarian!

Monkey Bread

Grape Balls

ohh....and Bologna Bowls.

Plus something hubby invented we have loving came to call "Snape's Special"

Oh, and almost any fresh fruits/veggies...I even like raw potatoes...we have a garden and tomatoes never make it into the house bewteen me and my 4 yr. old...and the dog. LOL

And I'm allergic to chocolate and the carmel coloring used in most cola's so chocolate and cola are out for me...but I make do with...well...Dew to wash it all down. LOL Preferrably Code Red, but I'll take regular, Pitch Black at Halloween, loved that limited edition Game Fuel, and I go to Taco Bell regularly JUST go get the Baha Blast...but I still hate Livewire.

I didn't like the game fuel. I do like livewire though. The original pitch black was better than the new and improved.

I try to stay away from dew though. I get all hyper and drive everyone crazy.

I love love love Italian. If anyone wants to get me to eat, all they have to do is wave something with lots of pepperoni, tomato sauce, and cheese under my nose. My overall favorite is a toss up between lasanga and pizza. A friend just came over to check on me and brought a homemade pepperoni pizza.... I'm so full I can't move. He is so evil he knew I wouldn't be able to resist!

I too am a total pizza whore. There used to be a time in my life where I had to have some sort of pizza type concoction every other day. I no longer order from places like Domino's or Pizza hut 'cause ever since those five for five deals their pizza has tasted like cheap ass. Round Table, Pizza Guys, and Red Brick (mmm, oh God, Red Brick) still got it though. When I was a teen the freezer would be stocked with all manner of Totinos, Bagel Bites, Hot Pockets, Pillsbury toaster pizza, Lunchables Pizza, etc.

I no longer eat over 600 calories a day anymore, so pizza and all these other foods I am about to talk about are just fond, far away memories to me, but let us reminisce, shall we?

I LOVE Japanese food. I believe someone else above mentioned it, but I shall reiterate. Japanese food is is awesome. I lovelovelove udon, tempura, unagi over rice, pickled vegetables, all manner of sushi, teriyaki anything, okonomiyaki, green tea ice cream, red bean ice cream and I'm sure many more things I'm forgetting. I live near SF and I used to love to go into that big mall in Japan town and eat at a different place each time. And afterwards before we'd leave we'd go to that discount store and buy fancy chop sticks and strawberry carbonated milk drink. Oooh! And melon soda! Love melon soda! There was one time I went to the Asian Market in my town and made my entire family bento boxes for lunch. I can make marbled eggs that look so cool. I love fish cake! And instant almond flavored tofu dessert! I have a wok!

And also, like many other Americans, I have an unhealthy love of Americanized Chinese foods. There used to be this place near my house that DELIVERED and it was awesome. We'd get vegetable fried rice and vegetable chow mein and honey walnut prawns and egg rolls and cheese puffs and won tons and vegetable mu shu and shrimp kung pao and I'm sure other things. Although none of will ever order from there again. Not after "the egg roll incident." Trust me, you do not want to know.

I used to work near this awesome vegetarian place in the city and they had excellent Indian and Mediterranean soups and they made a mean eggplant parmesana sub. I mean really, really mean. I seldom like the way people prepare eggplant, but there the eggplant was sliced paper thin, every inch coated parmesan and breading and it almost seemed they painted on the marinara sauce in between each layer. It was just like in the old days when I used to eat beef and I would indulge in meatball subs. I never thought I would get to experience that again.

There was also this place in the city that had deserts TO DIE FOR. They had drinks like hard blueberry lemonade and an excellent wine selection that you could pair up with the superior cuisine. Everything there was cooked to absolute perfection, the salmon would literally MELT IN YOUR MOUTH. Whatever ordered there would be excellent. And the deserts . . . OMG. The absolute symphony of flavors is just too complicated for me to describe without going there with a pencil and notepad to write them down as you experience them. I suppose it is an expensive chain restaurant, because there is one near where I live, but the one near where I live sucks ass. I mean anything you order there, could be the same thing as the one in the city, sucks or is mediocre at best. I'm assuming it is their inferior chefs and crappy, run down attitudes. I swear all the servers look like tired walking zombies. I don't blame the chefs or the servers though, working retail you get to understand that usually problems like that all boil down to a shitty manager.

I'm Mexican. My mom makes the best Mexican food ever. EVER. Don't be jealous. It just happens sometimes, some people have all the luck. Mmm, burritos, breakfast burritos, red or green enchiladas, everything smothered in red or green chili, tamales, Spanish rice, refried beans, flour or corn tortillas, tostadas, all better than any Mexican restaurant you have ever been to. One day, I hope one day to cook as awesome as her.

Hmm, I think I like food too much. I need to stop before I go insane and binge eat and gain back all the tons of weight I've lost. I suppose I'll go whip myself up some egg whites or veggie stir fry in Pam spray. I'll close my eyes, hold my nose and pretend it's Mexican. The rest of the family is eating crab enchiladas. Those bastards. Anyone ever see the movie "Simply Irrisistable?" I wish I could cook like that. And I also wish I had a magical crab that followed me around and brought me good luck.

I'm gonna get synisthesia if I keep listening to music whilst pondering what foods I like XD

(if that sentence made any sense at all)

I love me some tosti.. (it's like a grilled cheese sandwich but better XD Seriously, you're life is empty and meaningless without tosti)

I love me some lasagna (loads of garlic, close to no onion)

I love me some tacos (loads of meat and cheese and spices but no lettuce and stuff)

I love me some tortillas (same as the tacos)

I love me some cheese/ham/mustard sandwiches ;)

I love me some pancakes (the dutch kind!!! No offence but both the american and the french kind suck in comparison)

I love me some cherry pie (and I like it sour :D )

I love me some cheese cake (note to self: make some vanilla cheese cake)

I love me some turkish pizza (once again: loads of meat but no lettuce)

I love me some shoarma (same thing: loads of meat but no lettuce... AND LOADS OF GARLIC SAUCE)

I love me some ice cream (seriously... vanilla!!!!)

I love me some milkshakes (seriously... vanilla!!!!)

I love me some nasi (you know what that is right?)

I love me some saté (PEANUTS!!!! :D )

I love me some foo yong hai ("chop suey" anyone?)

I love me some mihoen (dunno what spices I use though...)

I love me some pizza (loads of cheese, loads of tomato sauce, soft crust, nothing more (well, maybe ham))

I love me some roti (not sure if I spelled that right)

I love me some blood (just kidding)

I love me some burgers (bun, meat, bacon, meat, cheese, bacon)

I love me some eggs (any and all eggs)

I love me some spaghetti (spicy and hot (hot as in warm))

I love me some chocolate (yeah... who doesn't love chocolate? XD )

I love me some baked-potato-products (fries, rösti, baked-potatoes, aardappelflensjes (I just don't know how to translate that shit), potato wedges... etc. )

Though I'm not sure if I correctly translated "baked"...

I love me some saying I love me some :D

There's probably more but I don't feel like doing this all day... XD

There really isn't much that I DON'T like. I love all kinds of foods: Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Mexican, American Barbaque, French cuisine, Scandanavian, Scottish dishes, Seafood... etc.

The only thing I don't like are thick slabs of raw tomato. There's something about raw tomato that I just don't like too much. I can deal with it in little pieces in salsa and in salads, and cooked it's perfectly fine! But a big ol' piece in a BLT... yuck.

I also like to cook, though, so I love getting weird recipes and just messing around in the kitchen. I'm not the best cook in the world, but I think its fun to try out new recipes.

Really there's too many to name for me. Most of my list is desserts oriented too. XD

I mainly like Laos food- which my dad's side of the family makes.

I like coconut based sweets, red velvet cake, chocolate, strawberries, raspberries, lemon pie, crab, candied sweet potatoes, tarts, cookies. . . and I could go on.

Guest Jullians

I love Japanese food, Chinese food, and a bit of Thai food.

A bit of Italian food too...

Crab <3

Calamari <3

Kneidalach soup (matzo balls)

Goulash

Latkes

Kreplach

XDD

I don' know.. that what fled into my head right now ^^"

I have an embarrassing weakness for potatoes. Weird eh? Sour cream, ketchup, salt and pepper, bacon bits,....hell, even with green onions. I'll eat them mashed, baked, fried, chipped....they're evil and deserve to be spanked. I can resist chocolate easier than chips. AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!

I have an embarrassing weakness for potatoes. Weird eh? Sour cream, ketchup, salt and pepper, bacon bits,....hell, even with green onions. I'll eat them mashed, baked, fried, chipped....they're evil and deserve to be spanked. I can resist chocolate easier than chips. AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!

You should try the invention my hubby cooked up the other night...we haven't even named it yet, but it was potatoes, beef (well, if you're not vegetarian in any way), and onions....wrapped up in a breading. Hard to explain. But...

Put the meat in a crock pot, cook until it's "falling apart tender"...shred the meat. Add in some chopped or diced onions.

Prepare the potatoes mashed.

Make a dough (we cheated and used Bisquick)...spread it evenly on a pizza pan.

On HALF of the dough, add a layer of the shredded beef and onion mixture, spoon on the taters, add another layer of the beef & onion, fold the dough over it...bake as directed for the dough...just until it's golden brown.

Anyone got an idea on what the heck to call this creation?????? LOL

I still prefer my filled noodles, monkey bread, ham roll-ups, and grape balls, though!

Put lots of cheese in it and you might have something I'd eat. I love cheese. I used to refuse to eat baked potatoes when I was little. I'd have my mom scoop out the potato and make myself a potato skin sandwhich with butter and sour cream though. Now I use sour cream and cheese which is equally as yummy. I've been craving sea salt and vinegar chips lately too.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.