Click Here!

Insignia?

Keith Inc.

For attempting to draw attention to the battle arena, I mentioned sporting insignia for levels and such.

I have a few thoughts. Mostly from wearing something or other for 20 years in the Navy.

1) First levels get nothing. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it has to be. Unless we give them the very, very subtle 'Null' insignia. A blank spot where the insignia would go.

2) Inspired by enlisted in most of the forces, i'd suggest that starting with Level 2, players get a new insignia every level until they reach level 10.

Something along the lines of seaman, airman, corpsman; or private, corporal, sargent; or something like Sparring Partner, Melee-er, Duelist.

Frequent change to reward rapid progress, and to give low-levels something to compare.

After 10, they're fairly well seduced, so progression can come down. Once per five levels or once per ten?

I'd actually give them their first set of rank insignia at 2, then wait until level 5 before increasing it. By then, they should be well and truly hooked, and then rank could advance at, say, every 10 to 15 levels, once you hit a certain point, that would have to increase. In other words, you want insignia with your rank, you gotta WORK for it.

A side thought, what about guild specific rank insignia? that could be done as well.

I'd actually give them their first set of rank insignia at 2, then wait until level 5 before increasing it. By then, they should be well and truly hooked, and then rank could advance at, say, every 10 to 15 levels, once you hit a certain point, that would have to increase. In other words, you want insignia with your rank, you gotta WORK for it.

A side thought, what about guild specific rank insignia? that could be done as well.

Well, Ace, Deuce, Trey of Swords and so on, would be a no-brainer for Tarot Targeting.

That would be better than general insignia (those could be for non-guildies). I sent DarkInuLord my suggestions, waiting for approval, will see what happens.

I think maybe for non affiliated players, I can make generic stripe/chevron type insignia, and use the awards mod to add them to the user profile. Or, could look into a different mod to add those images as well (I do believe there is one for that sort of thing, but I have to check to be sure).

I'll also set a specific size, and they will have to be small, for the insignia in general. Then once I figure out if there's another mod that will handle this task, rather than using the awards mod; I'll have you guys email them to me so I can ftp the images and then start editing the users to show their ranks.