Click Here!

Lost In The Dark

Lost_Soul

Depression (all types) and self-mutilating (cutter)  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you or know someone who suffer's and is diagnosed with depression and is a cutter?

• Yes, I suffer and is diagnosed with depression and is a cutter
    • Yes, I know someone who suffers and is diagnosed with depression and is a cutter
    • No, I do not suffer or is diagnosed with depression and do not cut
    • No, I do not know anyone who has these problems
    • Yes, I suffer and is diagnosed with depression but I do not cut
    • Yes, I know someone who suffers and is diagnosed with depression, but they do not cut (that I am aware of)
    • No, I do not suffer or is diagnosed with depression but I do cut (for attention and/or just likes to self mutilate) I am EMO!
    • No, I do not know someone who suffers and is diagnosed with depression, but I know someone who is a cutter

er, um...well, I had already cast vote #2, but thank you very much for the option. I would have picked it in a New York second.

I don't know if my niece was actually depressed, but one of my takes on it was raging hormones. (She was 14 or 15 at the time) I think that certain commercial products like poultry and beef (probably pork as well) are pumped with hormones to make them meatier, and I think that when a young person who suddenly hits puberty and has been fed these things all their life will suddenly get massive swings in their moods. Trust me, I went through that awful time (puberty) as well, and pretty much I was left to figure things out on my own. It's bad enough without anything extra burdening a person down. Honestly, Doctors should routinely check people's hormone/chemical levels or something before diagnosing stuff. Did you hear about what happened to an entire town in France once when the miller didn't clean his rye? So many people died and so many got sick and many more hallucinated for weeks. (Ergot poisoning...very similar to LSD, but way more potent)

Another thought that comes to mind is the changing diet of Japanese teenagers. Now girls have to get bigger bras.

hmm, yeah I heard about that... all of that before! o.o Sorry, I didn't have that option up before... ^^; But also, our food of today is very fattening, so it would make sense on how it effects the kids these days. >.> I started hitting puberty at 12 or 13. though I am assuming I developed at the right age. Anyways... we are getting off topic! XD;

Well, I was thinking of cutting/depressions in general and if our diet had any correlation to it. I took a statistics course once. Everything is related, trust me. Probably our lifestyles (very urban as compared to rural societies that we've been in for thousands of years) less oxygen in the air, not getting enough sunshine,...its all so subtly integrated it's difficult to pin point a specific cause. And of course, it is heresy about the hormones. I don't even know if farmers actually feed their livestock hormones. Maybe they feed em soybean meal. IDK. It's just rumors I suppose.

• 2 months later...

Well I have some good news... uhm... I am helping a friend of mine go through her depression and so far, she is doing ok. It's been difficult and yes, stressful but it has brought us closer together. :3 Since I know all the tricks a depressed person will throw, I knew how to get around that to get to her and still be close friends. So I guess... having to suffer depression wasn't fruitless but helpful for me to help another person out who is dealing with it and I am happy to have helped her and hopefully others in the future. Still not taking any meds and my depression is under control somewhat but enough that I can help someone and do the daily things in my life. I am moving out of this god forsaken town finally! And moving into a home of my own, which could be the reason of me not being depressed. Anyways... I hope this post I made can be a place for anyone who is depressed to come here and vent or even talk, because it's nice to talk and maybe me or someone on this site can help and give you comfort. I hope things go well for her (my friend) and me and everyone else on here too in the future! PEACE! :3