Click Here!

Where Are The Movie Fanfiction Writers?

Brwne Byte

I love movies, and I currently have 2 fictions I am writing about two of my favorite movies.(They are taking forever to finish but...) Anyhoo, I am wondering why there is so little movie fanfiction writers I see? :devil: If anyone is interested, reply if you wish!

I have three stories in the movie section. Two based on Star Wars, and one with Predator as a central theme, as well as some other characters that have appeared in movies, but also none movie characters.

I suppose a difference between movies and TV is that you often only get to see characters for 1-2 hours in a movie, where as on TV you have 12 or 13 hours a season, and sometimes more.

Given the amazing business Titanic did, I am surprised that there are not more fanfics for it. I believe it is still one of the highest grossing movies of all time, if not the highest.

There are a lot of films that should be made into fanfics, like Titanic, that nobody's doing anything with. There is so much potential for great stories in these classic films. I think there should be a website only devoted to movie it would get much attention.

I have eight. Half of them are "The Patriot" fanfictions and the others are "Pirates of the Caribbean" fictions . . . . Okay so they are centered around the bad guys because I always think the bad guys get a bum rap. So!?

Eitherway, I'm your Movie fan fic gal. Right here.

I also have a nineth that there wasn't a place to post it for in the movie section so I had to post it under the book section. It was based on the 2003 "Peter Pan" movie, but they insisted that all fictions written in the Peter Pan relem are apparently book fan fiction material.

Either way. Here I am. Movie worm with the rest of ya :angry:

Oceans of Love, ~TheBlackadder~

With all the cult classics out there, one would think so. I'm going to work on putting more out there too, it takes time but it's worth it!

• 1 month later...

There are some good ideas out there, that need to be nurtured!

• 2 years later...
Guest darkinferno

I have one in the Movie section, in the Underword catagry.

Although I'll write a story for pritty much anything that is not against my rules, I like to be inspired before hand and it's not easy for movies to enspire me in this fashion as they are so closed in.

• 2 months later...

Movie fanfiction writers! Yay!

I just found this section.

I write "King Arthur" fanfiction in the movies section, so far I have only one story up on here but the rest are on FFnet and I am slowly transferring them over.

I started a Lord of the Rings movie verse fanfic but I sorta moved to incorporate the books to it nowadays that I'm editing it.

I tried Pirates of the Caribbean but I couldn't form a solid enough story to keep it going at the time.

I am a huge movie lover! Heck I even make mini AMVs at the moment while waiting to start film school :) (Yes cause DJ that sounds so interesting and not dorkish in the least)

Haha. I get upset when some fandoms, like King Arthur for example, have so few a following.

A whole fanfiction site dedicated to some of these movies would be the best thing ever. I found that as the years pass, if it isn't something overly huge the fandom can slowly start to wither- NOT a good thing in my opinion as they are great places and have some amazing and entertaining work.

DJ

• 3 weeks later...

Yay, its great to see so many people interested in movie fanfiction. Movie fan fics are the only ones I do. Since the movies are generally only up to 2 hrs long I think it gives you more leeway and a chance to be more creative. Right now I'm working on an Iron Man fic and that'll be my project for a little while :)

• 1 month later...

There are tons of movie writers, they just don't use the forums it seems. I don't know if it's because they don't have a forum membership or if its because they aren't sure how to use it. I know alot of writers were told to not ask questions at the end of their chapters (opinions on stuff and polls on what should happen next, ect.) to get answers in their reviews because it was clogging up the Archive server; and yet, no one has set up anything.

I've been trying to promote the forums in my story at least to cover the overload issue.

I think also, no one know how to really set up a good thread for their story. Like I'm starting a trilogy, and the first story would be discussed in "general" because there's no sex, but the second would be elsewhere.

The only reason I haven't started a thread is because no one seems all that interested in my story. Then again, those that get the readers don't start threads either. :tomato:

• 1 year later...

I'm a Dark Crystal fanfic writer, however, my Dark Crystal fanfics are not for the squeamish nor the faint of heart.

And yes, they involve the Skeksis. I know the Skeksis aren't generic pretty boys, but they need more attention, plus, think of all the possibilities and perverted things the Skeksis can be capable of.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.