Click Here!

The Wondrous Art Of Clothes Folding

Melrick

I'm 35 years of age, yet I STILL completely lack the ability to fold clothes without making it look like I've simply scrunched them up into a ball. I've been shown numerous times, and it looks so easy when they do it, but once I wrap my big mits around a shirt, it becomes an unsolvable puzzle. My mum can do it while her attention is totally fixed on something else, yet STILL have them looking perfect. There has to be some unfathomable mystery to it. Maybe I'll learn how to do it some day, as well as learning how to talk with a phone handset balanced between my shoulder and chin without the handset flinging across the room.

I love folding clothes, especially when they're warm and right out of the dryer -_-

I use to help my mum do it when I was younger, so it may be a technique that I just picked up by watching her. But they do sell items that help you fold shirts! Maybe you should invest in one of those if folding just becomes too frustrating to do.

Or you could just hang them all up in the closet :blink:

Nearly 75% of the time I try and fold clothes... I give up and just throw them in the drawer... Though most the time I'll just throw them into a corner I labeled "clean"

I have little patience for clothing that doesn't want to cooperate...

There are the few times though that I actually get them right... or so I think... As soon as I'm done with all the clothes and smiling with pride at my wonderful accomplishment someone comes by and says "You didn't fold it right."

I hate that... Makes me want to scream "FUCK YOU!" and run out....

Personally.. I'd rather run around naked... or at least only in my underwear deleting the whole need to clean and fold clothing...

That would be nice... ~dreamily sighs~

Hehe... That's how my room looks!!!

I really feel that I am one of the few that don't pay attention to the lines of stereotypes of the sexes...

An organized mess is not a mess... It's organization on another level.... hehehe

And I understand the whole modesty thing... There's just some people out there you DON'T want to see naked... ~shivers~ eeeewwwwwwwww...

I can fold clothes, but I really hate doing it. Actually, I just hate doing laundry...which I must do today because I'm down to my last t shirt ;) They need to make clothes that will clean and fold themselves...

Or, at the very least, I need to have enough money that I can either hire someone to do my laundry, or just be able to throw my clothes away when they get dirty and buy new ones (this is how much I hate laundry).

The worst thing to fold is fitted sheets (you know, the ones that go on your mattress?). That always gets folded up into a ball because it's such a pain. My mom can fold those and make them look perfect, but they are my unsolvable puzzle.

I am ok at folding clothes, but that doesn't necessarily mean I like it. I always used to wonder how they make the clothes so absolutely perfect in stores, until I found out one day.

They cheat.

All of the employees get these little pieces of cardboard, and they stick them in the shirt, fold the im sides in, take out the cardboard and fold the bottom up. Viola! Perfectly folded clothes every time. I used to feel so lame because I am normally sort of dumb when folding clothes.

My arch enemy:underwear.

They usually end up in balls in my "intimates" drawer, along with the socks.

I'm a very neat and tidy person, so just chucking clothes in a corner - or even a drawer - is pretty much anathema to me. I couldn't do it. I like things sorted and organised. I find you get less nasty surprises that way. lol

I did wonder about folded clothes in stores, and how they always did such a good job of it. So now I know! The damn cheats. <_<

And I haven't rummaged through too many women's underwear drawers, although I must admit, it does have a certain appeal to it. :clap:

I think folding clothes is one of those things that you either can do, or can't. I can't. My clean clothes are in a laundry basket by my dryer. I can sort of fold clothes when I really want to, but it doesn't look very neat.

I like doing the laundry too. My clothes are lucky if I'm in the mood to fold them neatly, if not, I just throw them in my closet. But most of the time I hang them since hanging them cuts my searching time to find something I want to wear for the day ahead of me and keeps them wrinkle free (in my humble opinion..) :thumbsup:

After washing my clothes, I tell myself: as soon as I get to my room, I'm going to be a good little girl and put them back where they belong, but in reality, it ends up the same everytime. I leave all my clothes in the laundry bag until I need to find a shirt, then dump the contents onto the floor until I need to do laundry again. I got fired from my holiday job at Filenes because of my complete inability to fold clothes. Of course, it would have helped greatly if they could have taught me, but whatever. My friend's older sister has this bizarre ability to both fold clothes AND wrap presents in midair with only one hand. She's like a ninja! Sigh, I wish I had kick ass talents like that. But no, all I can do is be weird and pervy. If I had any drawing skills, I'd consider a career in hentai, but alas.

Personally.. I'd rather run around naked... or at least only in my underwear deleting the whole need to clean and fold clothing...

That would be nice... ~dreamily sighs~

I don't know about that. Now, if we were talking about an all women society, sign me in! But the idea of guys running around with their bits flapping everywhere... *shudder* :rofl::thumbsup:

Clothes fold themselves, Grasshopper, you just need to hold them up properly, and voila! zip zip, they are done, on to the next!

After many years of folding, I still find it fascinating.

Except for sox. Sox are anatheama to me. I can fold them, zip zip, just as any piece of clothing....Piece....mmmm....One Piece...*slaps self*....but there is always one missing.... :thumbsup:

After washing my clothes, I tell myself: as soon as I get to my room, I'm going to be a good little girl and put them back where they belong, but in reality, it ends up the same everytime. I leave all my clothes in the laundry bag until I need to find a shirt, then dump the contents onto the floor until I need to do laundry again. I got fired from my holiday job at Filenes because of my complete inability to fold clothes. Of course, it would have helped greatly if they could have taught me, but whatever. My friend's older sister has this bizarre ability to both fold clothes AND wrap presents in midair with only one hand. She's like a ninja! Sigh, I wish I had kick ass talents like that. But no, all I can do is be weird and pervy. If I had any drawing skills, I'd consider a career in hentai, but alas.

You say 'weird and pervy' as if that's a bad thing. :thumbsup: lol