Click Here!

Property Tax Cut In Fl

The idiots actually passed it. I can't believe the idiots actually passed it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, they are just that, idiots. They've just screwed us all. The gov't has just lost a huge chunk of money and we have no way to replace it because Republicans are a bunch of morons. MORONS!!!!!!! 'Hey, let's take out our main source of gov't replace and replace it with nothing.' HOW THE HELL DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?!!!!! I'm so fricking pissed because now I'm being screwed from all sides. I'm in school, so I can expect a nice hike in my tuition. And I work for the gov't so there's going to be no break for us, given that we're badly understaffed. In fact, some people might even be fired. Wooooo. I can't believe this crap. I can't fricking believe it. They screwed us for a saving of about $200 a year. I'm so leaving this state as soon as I can. I can't spend the rest of my life surrounded by morons who unfortunately are given the right to vote even if they don't know what the hell they're voting for. And I'm gonna laugh at them when they and family members are screwed because the fire depts and ambulances don't have enough money to work right and they have to wait hours for help. And their kids turn out even stupider than they are because teachers will be even less inclined to teach given the lack of money going to schools.

• 6 years later...

Wow, I wrote this post 6 years ago :-) It's interesting to see where we are now. Last year, the tried to close almost all of our libraries and cut the hours and staff severely at the rest, as well as giving them a pretty much non-existent acquisitions budget. We barely managed to save it after a LOT of protest. And we're coming up on the new fiscal year where they will again be looking to close almost all of our libraries... Yay, wasn't that tax cut worth it.

Most people are still losing their homes, our schools are in the toilet, but we saved $200 a year and the idiot who was the main backer of this idea is now looking the run for president.

Oh, and I almost forgot, they also tried to close a number of fire stations as well. This went over just about as well as the idea of closing all but 7 libraries (down from over 40)

Edited by bookworm51485