Click Here!

Ukeroth?

laurenloogie

So. I don't know about you.... but I have mixed feelings on Sephiroth being bottom. He's usually portrayed as the dominant psycho 'I RULE YOUR ASS' type... but what are your opinions on Sephiroth playing the uke once in a while?

I ask this because I've been writing a story 'at least he's hot' for over a year, and I've always, always put Sephiroth on top. Indisputably, Sephiroth has been in control. Why shouldn't he be? He wants to take over the world, after all. But I'm considering putting him in an uke role for one chapter and was wondering - does it deflate the reader's hard-on (imaginary or real), or is it actually kinda hot? I'm not saying he should turn into a doe-eyed, whimpering uke; I just think it's interesting to switch roles once in a while.

Tell me what you think. If I get enough responses, it'll affect the way I write my next chapter. So please, do tell.

oh, here's the link to the story...

http://ff.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600000288

lauren

Go for it! Whatever... everyone has off day... even silvered-haired Sephy... maybe the man's tired of being in control and wants someone to make all the sexual decisions for once, just to see what it feels like? Of course you'll have the pleasure of writing another scene... when Sephy goes back to this same person who thought a he's the top, and our beautiful, supermodel on steriods and "dominant psycho"... takes his real top position back in spades.

Or your unknown Seducer could simply catch Sephy drunk-out-the-ass...or sick[poisoned], wounded, or sleeping and molest him before he has a chance to react, just make sure "the Masamune" out of reach...I just thought of another fun Idea...YOUr Seducer, could abduct the Most Precious Sword Masamune and threaten to destroy it, unless Sephiroth passively submits to his advances...rape etc. Then you'd have fun writing the emotional end of such situation. But of course I wouldn't give your seducer, one chance in hell of surviving very long after our Sephy got his sword back! Just a few thoughts, hope they were helpful?

Luv, Cal the Killer, and part time writer :lol:

So. I don't know about you.... but I have mixed feelings on Sephiroth being bottom. He's usually portrayed as the dominant psycho 'I RULE YOUR ASS' type... but what are your opinions on Sephiroth playing the uke once in a while?

I ask this because I've been writing a story 'at least he's hot' for over a year, and I've always, always put Sephiroth on top. Indisputably, Sephiroth has been in control. Why shouldn't he be? He wants to take over the world, after all. But I'm considering putting him in an uke role for one chapter and was wondering - does it deflate the reader's hard-on (imaginary or real), or is it actually kinda hot? I'm not saying he should turn into a doe-eyed, whimpering uke; I just think it's interesting to switch roles once in a while.

Tell me what you think. If I get enough responses, it'll affect the way I write my next chapter. So please, do tell.

oh, here's the link to the story...

http://ff.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600000288

lauren

Yo Yo Yo, listen to me now, understand me later:

DO IT.

I'm going to throw in out into the universe that I love Ukeroth, but ONLY in situations like 'At Least He's Hot'. It would make me all nice and tingly to read about probably the roughest Sephiroth ever written letting Rufus fuck him. OMG. It's too much, it's too much, IT'S TOO MUCH.

But for the love of God, let him have a dirty mouth while it's happening. Please. Please don't just make him lie there whimpering like a bitch.

It almost makes me sad that I know you're going to do this before I read it, because I know if you would have dropped this bomb on me unprepared, I would have been screaming like a schoolgirl.

Anyways, Ukeroth is go. Please do it!

when would Sephiroth seriously get down on his godly hands and knees and take it in the ass from somebody?

name me a situation, someone, seriously.

and i'm not talking about slutty perfect clone # 69 taking it in the butt while he looks like a ukeish sephiroth. I'm talking about the mother fucking son of Jenova getting fed pipe snake up his delicious behind. Can you think of anyone who could top Sephiroth?

The funny thing about FF7 is that, ultimately, Cloud does triumph over Sephiroth. But, for almost all of the actual game (and most of Advent Children), it seems like everyone regards Sephiroth as some kind of superior being (which he kinda is). This includes Cloud, who admits that Seph is even his childhood idol. So, even the guy who winds up vanquishing him every time is an unlikely candidate to top Sephiroth.

Maybe, if you were writing a story about a very young Sephiroth, like, freshly spawned from Jenova's loins and fresh out of the war against Wutai, maybe that Sephiroth would bottom for President Shinra or some big top dog person... But, otherwise, Sephiroth is too busy being dead or pure badass to be taking it up the butt from anyone...

except maybe Hojo...

• 2 weeks later...

Let me perfectly frank here before I put in my two cents: I abhor the uke/seme stereotyping that is so prevelant in yaoi. It is positively unrealistic to think that every single homosexual relationship works in that manner. From what I've heard from actual gay men, it's much more common for a healthy sexual relationship to be a bit more switchy.

If you can make the situation work with Seph on bottom, I encourage you to do so. By making it work I mean keeping him in character and having the situation be marginally resonable and believable.

However, I can admit that it's hard for me to imagine him being a constant bottom or any such thing. Eh...to be perfectly honest I'm probably not the right person to ask since the concept of Seph in a sexual situation makes my head hurt. I'm sorry, I really can't get into the Sephiroth pairings.

Thanks for all your posts... it's good to hear what other people think about this strange yet somehow sexy topic. First of all, I must say I definitely agree with Iggy Lovechild's point of view - uke-seme relationships are, for the most part, completely unrealistic. I hate the idea of a watery-eyed, underaged-looking, ridiculously shy character constantly getting it up the ass from a big, muscular dude with balls for brains. It just doesn't make sense, no matter what the pairing is. I mean... how many times in a row can one person take it up the ass before they just start getting sick of it? I hate to bash on particular pairings, but anything involving an obscenely young, new-recruit Cloud turns my stomach. Has anyone ever heard of statutory rape? I'd rather not think of my favorite silver-haired badass seducing a kid. I mean, it's one of the only times when a Cloud/Sephiroth pairing can technically happen, but a certain level of tact is necessary for handling something so... well... *ugh.* Sorry... awkward subject. I'll shut up.

What else... On what Masamune said, I know that Sephiroth is the ultimate badass of FFVII and probably wouldn't take it up the ass for anyone, but in the strange and sadistic world I've created in my story, not much of the sex is consensual anyway. (Plot spoiler here!) I've actually devised a way around Sephiroth having to act too uke that I hope isn't complete crap. Is it consensual when one person is dead asleep? I guess not. It was either something along those lines, or a scene where Sephiroth actually consents to getting it in the ass. If you've read my story, you know he's really not into it.

Anyways, the new chapter will be posted soon, boiling over with screwed up, perverted sex. Thanks again for the posts, and please post more if you feel so inclined.

Lauren

Edited by laurenloogie

• 4 months later...

I think an Uke Sephiroth is a sexy Sephiroth! XD I do sometimes think that it is better for him to be on top but hey, once in a while, it's best for him to switch roles. :o Besides, I would just love to see that man moan. XD I've yet to read a fic with a good Uke Sephiroth though. I think I'll drop by on yours to see how everything is going. :D

• 6 months later...

I can see him bottoming if he's still in control of the situation. That is to say, short of rape he's not the kind of character that would be submissive unless HE directly chooses to. I just can't see anyone intimidating him into it or manipulating him. Ukeroth can be very, very appealing if done well but if he's going to turn into a "typical" uke, please do readers a favor and put an ooc warning in there somewhere.

Seph's not as versatile as some other characters. His personality was pretty clearly outlined through the original game, movie and following games. Some characters just don't fit the "timid bitch" role and he's one of them, imho.

• 1 year later...
Guest Goddessvirage

I read this thread and thought I should respond- I am a big ukeroth fan, but at the same time I despise the whole uke/seme role division. I think in actual relationships, gay or straight, there is rarely such an extreme. I think it makes it too easy for authors to avoid character development, having two characters with such obvious preferences and roles...

For me having a submissive Sephiroth isn't so much about him being and UKE but rather the fact that I think it's highy more likely that Cloud is the more experienced one in regards to sex. If you strictly by FF7's plot then there was never any mention of Sephiroth having any sort of real love interest, and I think his life would have been so controlled that if he were to ever have engaged in sex it would have been in a strictly contained environment. Cloud had many more opportunities to explore his sexuality, even with everything that happened to him.

Plus, Sephiroth was like...what, 25- in the game? And then he died and clones took over. Authors write him like he's in his 30's & 40's. The guy grew up fast but we hardly got to see the real Sephiroth in Square's timeline, mostly the Jenova clones and then glimpses of him in their sequels/prequels. Clone/Jenova Sephiroth is totally domineering and a seme- he's maniacal and insane, so of course... The real Sephiroth? I don't think anyone can really guess at what went on in his head- but considering what his life was like I would hardly think he was stable. Why would he snap in Nibelheim if he were the all powerful in control seme everyone writes him as.

Either way, I attempted to write a believable bottom-roth, so please read and give me your feedback. I have two of three parts completed:

Adult FF.net: http://ff.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600082789

Livejournal: http://virage.livejournal.com/

The AFF.net version lost it italics when I uploaded it so the Livejournal version reads a little better :(

Let me know!

• 1 year later...

Hmm...I wrestle with the same question myself, haha. I've actually made lists comparing feasibility, believablility, and general hotness, and they pretty much come out even, lol. But what I do figure is that Seph, personality wise, doesn't seem the time to bottom often, and when he does, in my mind, it's as a result of some sort of trickery. Like, he lost a fight, lost a bet, he's been drugged, he's been physically restrained, blackmailed, etc. In any event, I don't usually see it as a lovey-dovey event, either. Not necessarily non-con all the time, but just...rough sex.

I think the thing with Ukeroth is that people tend to completely ignore the personality traits that he already has as a character and substitute them with typical submissive uke traits, which then creates a conflict because Seph isn't a submissive person. If one can manage to have Seph maintain control or at least an illusion of control while he's being uke, then it could work. Ukeroth can work, it's just a matter of the author taking into full account Seph's personality and working around that, rather than the uke stereotype.

• 10 months later...
Guest Random Reader

Okay, I believe so long as you tell a good story, it shouldn't matter if sephy is top or bottom. I do fancy Him being the top however but I have read some where he wasn't this doesn't mean that I disliked the stories more but that I can see another side of them through others POV. If U make sephy bottom and do it from his given personality (I .e. whatever squaresoft gave him) he can still be dominant but maybe he is a closet sweet heart 2 his lover. :) show fanfiction that that he doesn't always have 2 be a rape victim 2 bottom.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.