Click Here!

He's A Bastard Review Thread

yuurimaoh

Hello, everyone! My screen names are thirdly, yuurimaoh, and Dragon Dung. But, we're not here to talk about names! We're here for the 'WRECK' that encompass the Wanderers Revelin Eferize and Cyrus Kairos! XD

The characters and dimension-hopping world of Revelin and Cyrus came to me randomly one day. It was a strange occurrence, as I usually tend to think of my favorite fandoms when it comes to stories first. But, I knew that if I didn't write them out, they would haunt me for life! Thus, I started my first original fiction! After much debate on the layout of which perspective to use, I finally caved in to Cyrus's hazel eyes.

Chapter 1 Review Responses:

JJay : ITS GOOD PLEASE CONTINUE AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

DD: Sometimes I feel like I only write for your pure enjoyment (not that I mind). You're the only one who leaves me constant and important feedback. I can't thank you enough.

Chapter 2 Review Responses:

JJay: Short but good. I can't wait to see what happens. So keep up the good work.

DD: I hope this one's longer! Thanks again for your input!

kellie: this sounds like it's going to be good story. i
will definitely keep checking in.
DD: Glad to hear it!

Rachel: Cyrus is such a cool name. Whoa, that arch thing sounds pretty cool. I really wasn't expecting anything like that!
That poor embarrassed kid, though. Aww. I look forward to more.=D
DD: Yes it is. I actually found it looking through a book of names and their meanings and later on it struck me that it was Miley Cyrus's last name. Ha ha. That was purely coincidental.

Follow_Vergil: Hi! I've just read the first two chapters, and I must say, it sounds really interesting! I was quite disappointed to be at an end so fast, your style is very pleasant to read. I was hooked immediately. And the two protagonists seem to be promising too, especially Cy. He is cute with all his silent grumpy rambling... like a cranky, but cute kitten^^. Their relationship is certainly going to be an entertaining one, especially if Revelin is as mischievous as he appears on first sight. I look forward to your next update! BTW, I'm sorry if my writing sounds strange, English is my... er, third language. Until next time!
DD: I'm very honored that you think so. I hope I continue to entertain. XD

Aleks:Interesting start and a nice title : )

DD: Ha ha ha! Funny that you mentioned the title. The story was originally going to be about Revelin and in Revelin's point of view, but I realized it would be much more entertaining if Cyrus had more of a say in the story.

jazz: oh this story is funny so far! keep it up ;P

DD: Hopefully it will continue to keep its light humor and bring forth much more laughter. XD

Riki: This sounds like it's going to be quite the entertaining piece of work! I can't wait to read more of it!

DD: I live to entertain. XD I would pout for months if someone were to ever challenge me to write something 100% serious.
I do shoot for at least 25-50% seriousness though.

kordavamennemer: ah : ) I feel like this story is going to be very interesting. Creative storyline and great characters so far. Keep up the good work. I look forward to reading what comes next. Thanks for writing!

DD: I enjoy the characters in this story as well. I hope I
don't disappoint as the story progresses.

rAiNwAtEr: So far I love it. The first chapter was definitely an eye opener I’ll tell you that! I beg of you to please continue. I might die from withdrawals.

DD: As much as I love loyalty, somewhere on my profile I have a list of amazing authors and stories that I will unabashedly
redirect you to whenever you can't find anything good to read! XD

Chapter 3 Review Responses:

Follow_Vergil: Dandelion, Darenvy and Sonnet... The names gave me a vision of a sugarcoated fairytale kingdom ^^ and Duncan was
just plain cute... weird and in definite need of a therapist, but cute. But Cy is absolutely my favorite, permanent scowl and all. And
he STILL reminds me of a cranky kitten. Again, it was a lot of fun to read this chapter, and I'm looking forward to learn more about
Revelin! (and with every available man, does it mean he also got frisky with the prince?) Till the next chapter!

DD: Yes, the kingdom in that particular dimension was meant to feel sugarcoated and fairytale-like. XD Tough to read through, but

there's always a point to everything, regardless of how weird or silly it seems. *dark chuckle*

Maru: OK OK so i heard from Michi that your story was good so i decided to check it out and well. it's NOT good...nope. IT'S
FUCKING AMAZING!!! i really am in love with this story so far i mean it, you've got me hooked.

DD: Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I adore Michi to bits. I miss brainstorming with her. She was a beta like none other. I always came out laughing every time we talked. I'm humbled that she would share this story with you and that you took a liking to it.

Aleks:I have a feeling that Revelin twisted you around his finger - your own character : ) Nice change of viewpoint!

DD: I do adore Revelin, but it's actually Cyrus that has me wrapped around his finger. At first, I wanted to give a wider scope
of the story, but in the end I caved to the curly-haired cutie and decided to stick it through in his point of view until the end!

Chapter 4 Review Responses:

Gslinger : Cool, funky, humorus start can't wait to read more, afterall bastard can be so very entertaining! G

DD: Welcome to the chaos! : D I do hope those two continue to entertain you.

m_kren2 : wow grate grate grate please more

DD: Glad you're enjoying the story so far.

karen : I almost didnt read it when i saw it was 4 chapters since 2009. I did though and enjoyed them, but am irritated at the thought it could be a year before there is another chapter. rrrggggg

DD: I appreciate reviews like yours. My original drafts for all updates that I've been working on in all my stories involved explanations as to why the gap between the last update was so wide. But, I'm not going to cave into any more excuses because of readers like you. I'm just going to post the chapters until the stories are complete. Thank you for taking the time to read and review even through your wariness of it. Have a little faith in me and I promise that updates will be constant (not exactly on the same day at the same time, but NO big gaps).

Chapter 5 Review Responses:

Fruit: Your story is really really good and your style of writing is great. I remember reading this a year or so ago and its so good that i remembered it as soon as i saw the update. Are you not going to use Revelin's pov at all? i would be interested in knowing what he's thinking. Keep up the good work.

DD: Revelin's point of view literally is coming up in the next chapter. The question is if he'll runaway with more than just one chapter, ha ha. We'll have to wait and see. Thanks for your input!

Anon: Glad to see another chapter!

DD: I hope it was entertaining! XD

Chapter 6 Review Responses:

Fruit: Ok so that was amusing... i agree with you i like Cy's voice better actually but still i found Revelin's voice really amusing and fun, so i think you should have him around sometimes.

DD: I didn't think anyone would give me their input on this, so I find myself incredibly humbled. The general feeling from everyone is similar to yours, so I will try my best to have Revelin express himself a little more while we're in Cyrus's point of view, but I will still toss in Revelin's point of view every once in a blue moon! Thank you muchly.

Reader1962: Whichever is good! I like the fact this chapter was up pretty quick after the last one!

DD: I will do my best to keep up the updating (once a week at the very least). Thanks so much for the input!

Anon: Great chapter! I wonder if Sonnet's messanger will make an appearance in the future (just to complicate things further!). I love that R E does charity work!Thanks for the update! Keep up the great work!

DD: Oh, the things I have in store for Duncan (the messenger). But, yes, he will still be around whenever they guard the royal siblings.

Anon:The chapter form Revelin's view was actually really insightful, as I felt I never really knew what he was thinking. However, I find Cy a really amusing narrator (maybe ‘cause it’s what I’m used to…) So happy for another chapter!Many thanks for your time and talent!

DD: We'll see more from Revelin's point of view later on (perhaps every five chapters?). I'm relieved that the sudden update hasn't thrown anyone off. I'll do my best to keep them going.

AriieObssession: XD Okay,okay I don't even know where to start. I can't even pick what my favorite part was but I think the line where Cyrus goes "I want to get something straight with you. Don't Touch me.Ever." was it. I'm still giggle snorting over that. xDDD And the butt-barrier. I think I'm just a little bit in love with them both already. I can picture Reveline molesting Cyrus and it's making me laugh some more. And the Jealousy is so cute! Silly Hummingbird can't have him. Did you ever draw pictures of them? If you did I'd love to see them!

DD: I still can't believe you actually read this...I'm relieved that the characters grew on you. And, again, thank you.

Chapter 7 Review Responses:

SneakySpy: Challenge accepted!

DD: My, but that made me laugh SO hard! XD I'm sure that Revelin is very happy to have someone in his corner!

Fruit: OOOOOHHH!!! They kissed!!! you did a great job. Please update soon and maybe ummm write the chapter a little longer? : ) sorry if i come across as demanding its just such a great read! Thanks for the update!

DD: Thank you very much. I will definitely try my best to make the chapters longer! Ha ha, you can be as 'demanding' as you want, I'm not complaining...I am writing about pretty demanding characters, after all. XD

KitDKatWrites: This is a great story, funny and light hearted just what I needed tonight. Looking forward to more.
DD: If it brought a smile to your face, then the story has done its job well. I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far.

Anon: Thanks for the chap! Loved the kiss (been hanging out for that ; )) Wonder why Cyrus is surpressing his Vim/ locking it inside him?...Some past incident...?
Looking forward to more (I always am!!!)
Cheers.

DD: Cyrus has a good few reasons that were hopefully explained in chapter 8. Deep down, it's mostly fear. His Vim is just one of the many things he can't control, and he would rather be in control.

Chapter 8 Review Responses:

Karen: :)

DD: I'm glad the chapter put a smile on your face. XD

Fruit: I love how you add humor to the story and i love that you update every week : ) Thank you again

DD: So long as I draw forth at least a giggle from you, I feel as if the story is doing its job.

cheesekun: Thanks for the update! Cyrus' past is so sad... And Revilin is a bigger pervert than I first thought! Such an exciting ending! I wonder why this dimension doesn't like Revelin?
Looking forward to more!

DD: His nephew had it pretty rough without a mom, too. But, together, they helped each other stand upright. Yes, Revelin...he's something else, that one. I'm glad you've been enjoying the story so far.

Chapter 9 Review Responses:

Karen: :)

DD: Ha ha! I'm glad you liked this chapter too! Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.

cheesekun: The plot thickens... So one of Revelin’s former apprentices is causing all this trouble? Duncan and Damien to the rescue! Thanks for the chapter!
DD: The gang is definitely trying to find the person responsible for the chaos. As for Duncan and Damien, I hope they continue to entertain us until the end. Neither Revelin nor Cyrus can see what's going on over on their end, so that is why I wrote their segment in third person. Thanks for taking the time to review. : )

Chapter 10 Review Responses:

cheesekun: With an opening like that, I knew this chapter was going to be amusing! I loved Lexie! Poor Duncan...but there seemed to be quite a bit of chemistry between Duncan and Damien...
Hoping for some more time with our two protagonists!
Many thanks for the update!

DD: I always enjoy reading your thoughts from chapter to chapter. : ) I'm glad you like Lexie, and our two protagonists will definitely have a little more 'air time' soon.

Chapter 11 Review Responses:

MagicMau5: Hi DD, I've gotten up to Ch 8 and I have to say, I love this story! It's very original, and I love Cy and Revelin. Awesome job!

DD: *gapes* You've been reading this insanity? I'm still in shock. And humbled. And it means so much to me that you enjoyed it and liked my silly characters. I still can't believe it~ Thank you so much! =D (To anyone who actually reads this thread and hasn't peeked at my favorite authors list yet, I consider MagicMau5 to be the reigning ruler of originality, so if you haven't read this author's work...go read it now!)

cheesekun: Oh my gosh! What is Itharos planning to do? Why did he destroy this dimension (is he uber possessive of Makith or something?!) Curious as to how he turned into a murderer...
Many thanks for the chapter! As always, excited for the next! ; )

DD: All will be explained in time~ And thank you again for your thoughts! They are my checklist as the story goes along, I try to make sure all of your questions are answered. XD

Chapter 12 Review Responses:

MM: Hey dd, I've been saving your story in case you don't update that often, but I had to read at least through ch 10. I have to say, I just love this story. It's fun and lighthearted, which is so refreshing to me because there are so many capture-torture stories here! (look at me, the hypocrite of the century)

Thanks for writing this, it's a blast.
Lurve,
mm
DD: I try to update as often as I can and as consistently as I can, but between work and family chaos, days just pass without any time to myself. However, there is a definite ending to this story and I'm getting close to it. I'm trying to keep it as fun and lighthearted as I can all the way through to bring a smile to everyone's faces. And I love your stories, angst and all. I'll take it. :3

Chapter 13 Review Responses:

TRUgrit: Lol I love your balance of plot and and spice, humor and seriousness. It's like the perfect combo. There is such great set up here for your story and I can't wait to read more.
DD: Welcome to the insanity! I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far. I hope the story continues to entertain you until the end.
m_kren2: love it love it and love it
DD: Very glad to hear it. XD

Chapter 15 Review Responses:

Ellie: OH PLEASE DO WRITE A SEQUEL pleaseeeeeeee.

DD: Sequel count=1 * :3 *

Castris: Please write a sequel, preferably in the same type of POV were some is in Cyrus and Revelin!

DD: Sequel count=2, Same POV=1 * Thank you for being specific about the POV, I didn't know how some of you felt about Revelin's parts. Glad you enjoyed both. *

on_a_mad_freaking_trip: So I don't normally review things but I just wanted to let you know that I had the worst day ever (meaning I've had practically nonstop migraines throughout the day, not helped by the fact that my entire apartment flooded because the AC broke) and when I saw that you had updated this story none of it mattered anymore. Honest. I was so freakin excited to get to read another chapter! And I say definitely YES to a sequel. I love everything about this story: plot, setting, and especially the characters and their personalities!Thank you for posting something so amazing and completely brightening my day!

DD: Sequel count=3 * I am most appreciative and honored that you took the time to review. I'm even more relieved to hear that the story cheered you up. Whenever I write a chapter, I end up snickering to myself at the silly parts, but I never know if they ever really make anyone laugh. So, I do hope that the sequel continues to put a smile on your face!*

angelmay: yay!

DD: Sequel count=4 * Well, I've had no "nay's" or "don't you dare ruin this with a sequel" notes. So, the sequel's definitely a go! *

Rosebud101: SEQUEL!!! Third person. ^-^

DD: Sequel count= 5, Third Person POV= 1 * Though I do enjoy writing in third person the most, the majority prefer the method used in this story (which is part Cyrus, part Revelin, and third person when neither of them are in the scene). Thank you for the vote! *

Emptyspace: This has turned out to be an awesome read, loved it! Would love a sequel to continue the adventures of this fab couple...
DD: Sequel is on its way!

Final words:

Thanks to everyone who took the time to review! It may not seem like it, but I do worry at times when it gets really quiet, in the "no one liked this chapter? did I ruin it?" kind of way. But, that's also why I would like to thank everyone who rated the story, as well! I kept wondering if someone was going to peek at the story and plop down that lowest star with a "boo, I don't like this, it sucks," so whever I saw another rating or two come up, I felt that it was a green light to continue the story. I would like to thank everyone who read this story and wasn't able to leave anything due to your phones or any other mobile devices you used to read (my friend confirmed this and drew forth quite the laugh from me, despite her lovely review being lost). I would like to thank those who read it on the fly just for fun. And, last but NEVER least, I would like to thank all of my fellow writers and friends who took the time to drop a quick note to let me know that, despite the goofiness, this story didn't really suck in their eyes.

When I started writing this story, it was to give the real "Cyrus" out there a happier ending and to give a chance for the real "Revelin" out there to redeem himself. As the story progressed, I realized just how funny those two could be together in an environment that didn't hinder what they coulld have had together, had the real couple not been separated by tragic events. I hope that they both found peace, wherever they are. I know for a fact that they no longer haunt my dreams. : )

That being said, it looks like I have the green light for a sequel! See you soon!

Edited by yuurimaoh

• 4 months later...

Chapter 12 Review Responses:

MM: Hey dd, I've been saving your story in case you don't update that often, but I had to read at least through ch 10. I have to say, I just love this story. It's fun and lighthearted, which is so refreshing to me because there are so many capture-torture stories here! (look at me, the hypocrite of the century)

Thanks for writing this, it's a blast.
Lurve,
mm
DD: I try to update as often as I can and as consistently as I can, but between work and family chaos, days just pass without any time to myself. However, there is a definite ending to this story and I'm getting close to it. I'm trying to keep it as fun and lighthearted as I can all the way through to bring a smile to everyone's faces. And I love your stories, angst and all. I'll take it. :3

NOOOOO don't the end the story so soon! :( :( so sad....

I hear ya on the busy life schedule. Sometimes a whole week will pass by where I can't get to writing. I have free time, but lots of other things to do that are probably more important. But writing is so fun I can't stop.

Oh, and just in case you're interested, I am going to finish the Invasion of Ian. I can't write more than one AFF story at a time, I'm deficient in multitasking skills. I get obsessed with one story at a time. When I get serious writer's block for the current one I'm working on, Off the Wall, I will return to IofI. So hopefully I'll finish OTW by the end of the year, then I'll work on IofI again. I don't want to shortchange one story. OTW is so happy-fluffy and soon I think the cheese will kill me. You thought IofI was cheesy? OTW is worse, way too romantic for my taste.

Edited by magicmau5

• 4 weeks later...

NOOOOO don't the end the story so soon! :( :( so sad....

I hear ya on the busy life schedule. Sometimes a whole week will pass by where I can't get to writing. I have free time, but lots of other things to do that are probably more important. But writing is so fun I can't stop.

Oh, and just in case you're interested, I am going to finish the Invasion of Ian. I can't write more than one AFF story at a time, I'm deficient in multitasking skills. I get obsessed with one story at a time. When I get serious writer's block for the current one I'm working on, Off the Wall, I will return to IofI. So hopefully I'll finish OTW by the end of the year, then I'll work on IofI again. I don't want to shortchange one story. OTW is so happy-fluffy and soon I think the cheese will kill me. You thought IofI was cheesy? OTW is worse, way too romantic for my taste.

Well, this is really more of an introduction for Rev and Cy as "WRECK". I might revisit their world in another story. :3

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.