Click Here!

Harassing reviewer

Guest kitdkatwrites

Guest kitdkatwrites

This isn't my story but the reviewer is pissing me off by claiming rights to an idea that has been done way before she ever thought of it.

Reviews id # 3000201776 and id # 3000201788.

It would be bad form to start an argument in the reviews section right?

Yes, we tend to get irritated when review board arguments start, at all involved. To help, we're going to need a link to the story or review board for it

Just saw this thread, I'd like to add my own issue with MagicMau5 as this author has also posted two reviews one of which I removed claiming I had plagiarized their story when I had honestly never read it nor do I think that our stories have anything in common other than a M/M tag.

http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/review.php?set=read&no=600105952

Reviews section for my story.

Guest LadyBug

This same author (MagicMau5) who is leaving reviews accusing other authors of plaiarizing her stories also put up this a/n under one of her stories. I think the moderators should let her know that just because an author uses music references in their own story doesn't mean they are plagiarizing her stories. If she wants to be that way, I can leave her a review telling her she is doing the same to other authors who posted their stories with music references long before she came along to AFF. :pissed:

WARNING TO ALL READERS: NO FANFIC IS AUTHORIZED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR. ANY MEMBER OF AFF WHO PLAGIARIZES THIS STORY WILL BE REPORTED TO MODS. MEMBERS OF AFF: PLEASE COME UP WITH YOUR OWN IDEAS FOR STORIES. I PUT A LOT OF EFFORT AND RESEARCH INTO ALL OF MY WRITING AND I DON'T WANT MY CHARACTERS BASTARDIZED. ANY MEMBER WHO USES MUSIC REFERENCES IN THEIR WRITING WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT. JUST KIDDING....BUT SERIOUSLY, DUDES, PUT A LITTLE EFFORT INTO CITING MUSIC REFS.

LadyBug, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We do ask that you not leave a review in response, since we do not want this to devolve into a series of nasty posts which will result in us having to warn everyone involved for flaming.

We are reviewing matters and will take all appropriate action.

Guest LadyBug

Thanks BW and don't worry, I won't, but she is really irritating a lot of authors and readers. You should go read all the reviews she left as referenced in previous posts with the story links.

Guest Robin_Mask
Okay I left a disclaimer on my stories saying that I'm not going to review anyone else's work from now on.

I don't think you need to go that far.

I'm sure that people would love reviews from you, because most authors value constructive feedback or even just encouragement. It's amazing how even just a few words can really inspire or help a writer, and the fact that a reviewer would take time from their schedule to leave a reviews means a lot to many. If you want to review people then go ahead, just - perhaps - avoid mentioning accusations of plagiarising.

It's like the moderators say: reviews are fine, but any suspicion of plagiarising should be reported to the staff.

It's not just that. Reviews are fine, but flaming is not. Causing flame wars is not. All of which is what was happening. Should you choose to leave constructive criticism as opposed to rants and flames, I'm quite sure the authors would appreciate it.

Alright, I don't know if any of the writers with the issues are going to read this anymore, but I feel the need to stick up for Magic here. Yeah, her reviews were a little flamish. And yeah, probably a little childish, I wouldn't know they were taken down before I could even look at them. But isn't that why we, as the writers, have the option to REMOVE said review? You could have chosen to ignore her and instead turned it into this. I have had flamers before, and I didn't even review their reviews, I just raised my eyebrows and answered what they had to say to me, politely, in a Review Response section at the end of the next chapter. What happened was that my flamer looked my story over again and realized that for where I had placed it, going OOC was fine, and she didn't flame me again, instead offering up a peace offering of a fanfic that she really liked.

So, I just don't understand why we run and tattle about flamers to the mods ( No offense DG, I love you mods, you guys are really cool ), I mean, I thought we were grown adults, not high schoolers. And if you are a high schooler, please get off this website as it is illegal for you to be here and you could potentially get this wonderful site shut down.

Sometimes a flamer is just someone who is unhappy with their own life and wants a chance to pull you down with them, by doing this you allow them to.

Flaming is against the rules. Period. We do not allow such things. Go read the TOS and Guidelines. We can, and have in the past, banned flamers, flamebaiters and others that engage in such 'happiness'.

You agree to conduct yourself in a responsible, mature manner on the site. This means that you will remain polite and respectful to all users, staff, admins and owners and will not 'flame' other users.

From TOS itself.

I am also going to state this as clearly as I can; unlike other sites on the web, AFF is fully moderated and we expect our users to follow the TOS and Guidelines as posted. If they don't, we handle it. I would also like to point you to our Hall of Shame. Yes, indeed, there are flamers there - several as matter of fact. We, on AFF, take the rules seriously and expect everyone to follow them. Consequences for not doing so are clearly laid out and spelled out in very clear language.

Edited by Danyealle

I'm going to add that when such instances occur, we EXPECT and encourage our users to report. We had too many years where former staff not only allowed this behavior, but also indulged in it. To the point of if the user being abused didn't just shut up and take it, THEY were banned, not the abusers. There is a damn good reason that we do not allow nor tolerate flaming here, regardless of whether or not a user feels entitled to vent his or her spleen on others because of some personal issue which makes him or her feel entitled to abuse others for no apparent reason.

In such for instances, so that we, the staff, can investigate and take appropriate action where needed, the reviews MUST be left. That is so that staff can determine whether or not there has been a rule violation. Once that's determined, then I go in and remove the reviews, not the user.

Having said all that, this has been talked to death, the matter has been resolved. Topic is closed.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.