Click Here!

Error when Uploading/Editing

Konekodemon

• 2 months later...
Guest Dark Seraphim

I am having the same issue. I get to fill out the details for the story but when I get to upload or use textonly, the site loads with nothing in its body. I have tried firefox, chromo, and internet explorer and nothing has changed. I have updated all my plug in and I have cleared my cookies. I have also logged into the corner login box. Thank for your help in advance.

If you are using the file upload method, you need to be uploading a file in .txt format only. It should have all the proper container tags as well. I will also add that certain emoticons, such as <3, can cause the text following that emoticon to not load, since they are read as an incomplete html tag.

The best way to add a story is to use the text area feature, and copy and paste your document from Word or Open Office/Libre Office. There are less formatting issues and any that do crop up are easily handled in the rich text editor window. Keep in mind that the emoticons will have the same effect, however.

Guest Dark Seraphim

I can't even get to that point. I am having the same as the user that started this topic. I fill out the details and when I get to either file upload or text area, the page loads with nothing more than the background, borders and the drop menus.

Then you need to log out, clear cache and cookies, close the browser, restart the browser entirely, and log in using the fields in the upper right corner.

That is the only reason you should be getting that error.

• 3 weeks later...

After I upload the first time, I try to type things into the edit 'details/disclaimer' or 'summary' box but it seems I can only delete text not add anything else. I'll try doing what you said and see if it works. Just letting you know though.

Did it. Can change disclaimer and title, but not sumary. I can only delete things in the summaary, not add. Chapters themselves work fine though.

Edited by Kakashifan727

The summary is limited to no more than 240 characters, including spaces. If you've already used all that up, it won't allow you to add anything more. As the summary displays on a single line for editing, you need to use the arrow key to scroll to where you want to edit.

Naruto: Your Story!(AU/AR) actually exceeded the character limitations. For this one, you need to tell me what you're wanting to do, as the only way to fix it now until I get it to the proper character count is in the database directly.

The same applies to Diving Into Darkness (AU/AR), SMT: The Reason, and Blazblue: Depravity Continuum

When making your summary, you are allowed 240 characters only. Spaces count as characters. This INCLUDES your tags. If you're out of room and need to add more tags, make it the first sentence of the chapter it applies to. i.e. additional story tags - tag, tag, tag

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.