Click Here!

tags needed request

Vore (erotic cannibalism) and extreme violence. Doing the sweep, we're running across both of these a lot and they are something that needs a warning on.

...I'm gonna be retagging for the next year. Will try and cover 'em all as quick as I can!

Edit: further thought - a decent sized portion (snicker) of vore isn't strictly cannibalism, what with it often being a representative of one species chowing down on another.

Edited by JayDee

JayDee, you cover this in your summaries, and in your author's note warnings at the beginning of your stories. No one can ever claim that they were sandbagged by any particular quirk when reading your stories.

And honestly, our other veteran writers in this genre also give ample warning. It's the newer entrants into the fray that aren't giving enough of a heads up for the unwary. If they're tripping up Dani and me, who have pretty much seen it all, then they need to learn to tag and we need to give them the tags to use.

::refills tumbler of sake::

DG... good question I guess. I'm just trying to avoid an issue where folks have Harry Potter erotically swallowed by a giant wolf prior to the sun getting eaten, and assuming it doesn't count because it's not Draco with the big mouth and stretchy voretastic throat.

Unfortunately, the best I could come up with was "Character eaten erotically" so I'd toss it out to the people who are experts, experts I say, at words on the forum.

Experts, step up!

BW - I expect newer users are making mistakes all over the shop... Do you see contro needing to be used as well as something like Vore, or is it to be automatically assumed to be controversial if vore is there? or rapefic come to that? or some fan claiming it's dubcon even though a lack of clear consent totally makes it rape? Yeah, I'm on to the dubconners. *shakes fist*

Edited by JayDee

BW - I expect newer users are making mistakes all over the shop... Do you see contro needing to be used as well as something like Vore, or is it to be automatically assumed to be controversial if vore is there? or rapefic come to that? or some fan claiming it's dubcon even though a lack of clear consent totally makes it rape? Yeah, I'm on to the dubconners. *shakes fist*

I'll defer to DG if she differs, but for me, vore would pretty much incorporate contro for those who aren't into vore. For those who are, vore wouldn't be contro, however, and it might be refreshing for them not to see it labelled as contro. We don't label M/M contro even though some people might consider it that. (Can you tell I used to argue with Jesuits for shiggles? :D)

Dubcon versus rape is a whole other ball of wax, though. If there's clearly no consent, it's rapefic and that's one tag I do not play with. The last thing I want is a reader having a horrid flashback because someone doesn't want the "stigma" of labeling their fic a rapefic. In fact, when modding, dubcon's a tag that will make me look twice at a fic. It's an exceedingly fine line, and I am very conservative in my definition for the sake of our readers. I tagged one of my oneshots as a rapefic although it was fairly low key because no matter how low key I tried to make it, it was rape. Period. No bones about it.

As far as vore, you do realize you've issued a challenge there, right? Only with my luck, Harry will also be pregnant. :rofl:

DG... good question I guess. I'm just trying to avoid an issue where folks have Harry Potter erotically swallowed by a giant wolf prior to the sun getting eaten, and assuming it doesn't count because it's not Draco with the big mouth and stretchy voretastic throat.

Unfortunately, the best I could come up with was "Character eaten erotically" so I'd toss it out to the people who are experts, experts I say, at words on the forum.

Experts, step up!

vore is certainly contro, but it's a specific kind of it, hence the new tag. As BW pointed out, the users who know what it is, and labeled accordingly even WITHOUT tags, such as you and a couple others? No need to retag your stuff. Rapefic should be tagged as rapefic. Lack of clear consent definitely equals rape.

I'll defer to DG if she differs, but for me, vore would pretty much incorporate contro for those who aren't into vore. For those who are, vore wouldn't be contro, however, and it might be refreshing for them not to see it labelled as contro. We don't label M/M contro even though some people might consider it that. (Can you tell I used to argue with Jesuits for shiggles? :D)

Dubcon versus rape is a whole other ball of wax, though. If there's clearly no consent, it's rapefic and that's one tag I do not play with. The last thing I want is a reader having a horrid flashback because someone doesn't want the "stigma" of labeling their fic a rapefic. In fact, when modding, dubcon's a tag that will make me look twice at a fic. It's an exceedingly fine line, and I am very conservative in my definition for the sake of our readers. I tagged one of my oneshots as a rapefic although it was fairly low key because no matter how low key I tried to make it, it was rape. Period. No bones about it.

As far as vore, you do realize you've issued a challenge there, right? Only with my luck, Harry will also be pregnant. :rofl:

*sighs* More like it'll be MPreg with gender changing..

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.